The Pedro Caixinha Thread

.Williamson.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I can't argue with anyone who doesn't want him to play - I just think he offers something in celtic games, regardless of form, that other's don't.

If he doesn't perform against celtic on Saturday then I'm the first to say his career is well and truely over. No questions.

We've literally been starting with 10 men when he starts, 9 when Niko plays as well. Play a 4-5-1 Walter Smith tactics with Morelos up top. Be hard to beat, double up down the wings and have a solid midfield 3 in the centre of Dorrans, Rossiter and Jack. I'd even play Tav in front of Hodson on the right and move Candieas over to the left hand side and play Danny Wilson left back if Wallace isn't fit. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, B1872 said:

We've literally been starting with 10 men when he starts, 9 when Niko plays as well. Play a 4-5-1 Walter Smith tactics with Morelos up top. Be hard to beat, double up down the wings and have a solid midfield 3 in the centre of Dorrans, Rossiter and Jack. I'd even play Tav in front of Hodson on the right and move Candieas over to the left hand side and play Danny Wilson left back if Wallace isn't fit. 

In other games I agree but against celtic he seems to offer us something others can't. That's what I'm saying - celtic seems to be the big game for him but if he can't perform in that then he's literally nothing left.

and big no to Rossiter for the reasons I've already mentioned. 

Hodson and Danny Wilson too? ffs mate.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

In other games I agree but against celtic he seems to offer us something others can't. That's what I'm saying - celtic seems to be the big game for him but if he can't perform in that then he's literally nothing left.

and big no to Rossiter for the reasons I've already mentioned. 

Hodson and Danny Wilson too? ffs mate.

I just think we need to be more solid. Roberts running at John and Sinclair running at Tav gives me the fear tbh as defending isn't their  strong point. At least Wilson and Hodson are a bit more reliable. Best we've played against they cunts was under Murty and we had Hodson and Tav down one side. I don't think I can take another 5 getting taken off us next week.

Miller looks short of confidence and more and more recently his second touch is a tackle. 

Just now, B1872 said:

I just think we need to be more solid. Roberts running at John and Sinclair running at Tav gives me the fear tbh as defending isn't their  strong point. At least Wilson and Hodson are a bit more reliable. Best we've played against they cunts was under Murty and we had Hodson and Tav down one side. I don't think I can take another 5 getting taken off us next week.

Miller looks short of confidence and more and more recently his second touch is a tackle. 

It just sounds like you are setting up not to get beat. This is our chance to end their stupid unbeaten steak. Filling our team with Hodson and Rossiter's won't do that and will still get us beat IMO.

Just now, K.A.I said:

It just sounds like you are setting up not to get beat. This is our chance to end their stupid unbeaten steak. Filling our team with Hodson and Rossiter's won't do that and will still get us beat IMO.

I think Hodson has been shite in most games for us, but against celtic he's been brilliant imo, which is strange, could work again.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I think Hodson has been shite in most games for us, but against celtic he's been brilliant imo, which is strange, could work again.

He's had his better games against celtic I suppose ... is Wallace 100% out? I'd rather have him than John or Beerman I suppose ... not that Wallace is great either.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If him and Candeias play on the right together then Sinclair will have a quiet game.

I'm usually 100% supportive of Miller starting in Old Firm games but I'm genuinely unsure this time round. I love seeing him prove myself and others wrong as he has done so many times in the past but his overall play has just went completely tits up this season. I know he'll be right up for it mentally which is always a bonus in these games but in terms of current ability and form it's hard to make a case for him.

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I think it's because he has a very defensive mindset since at every team he's been at previously and for Northern Ireland he has basically been in a team that sits back and defends like fuck but since we are the attacking side in almost every game bar the tarriers it fucks up his natural mindset (which is to just sit back and defend) and causes him to make mistakes, etc.

This is probably shite though :lol: 

23 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think therein lies a problem - because you remember the early-mid 80's and how bad we were, then any depth Pedro can sink us to isn't that big of a deal because you remember a time you think was worse. Why not remember good times and think we deserve so much better than this? I couldn't disagree more with the bit at the end about being impossible to judge him. When will you judge him and what more depths will it take? 

mccoist was the worst ever Rangers manager and should have been sacked years before he was. warburton was better but not much and criminaly unsettled the team by making it known he wanted away.both of these managers were given time.i cannot see dave king sacking pedro  a few weeks into the season after having given him a large transfer budget. the time to judge this manager will be in april or may.if he finishes second in the league and wins one of the cup competitions he should keep the job.

Just now, seville calculators said:

mccoist was the worst ever Rangers manager and should have been sacked years before he was. warburton was better but not much and criminaly unsettled the team by making it known he wanted away.both of these managers were given time.i cannot see dave king sacking pedro  a few weeks into the season after having given him a large transfer budget. the time to judge this manager will be in april or may.if he finishes second in the league and wins one of the cup competitions he should keep the job.

and if he doesn't? if we win no cups and finish 20-points behind the tarriers in second or even third ... will you then say people like myself were right and he should have been away before October while we had a chance to salvage the season? 

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hodson it is then but as GEC says above, if Candaies and him play it right they could snuff out Sinclair.

In terms of talent Sinclair and Roberts are, as was evident in the CL game, totally overrated. Neither of them can make it in the EPL.

If using a less talented player against them, they are nullified by getting right in their fucking faces, playing them hard and tight using the body,  - they will hide like wee lassies.

Neither of them have any bottle.

Holt exposed this in Roberts in the last game at the piggery. 

2 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

In terms of talent Sinclair and Roberts are, as was evident in the CL game, totally overrated. Neither of them can make it in the EPL.

If using a less talented player against them, they are nullified by getting right in their fucking faces, playing them hard and tight using the body,  - they will hide like wee lassies.

Neither of them have any bottle.

Holt exposed this in Roberts in the last game at the piggery. 

That's true but we aren't in the EPL, we are part of a shite, backwater, sub-standard Scottish top flight which we hardly excel in ourselves.

I do take your point though that they aren't as great as they think they are. I've seen in Old Firm games before with better players of theirs like Di Canio, Moravcik etc that even an ordinary Rangers player, if they remain tight, disciplined and keep the head when it comes to a man marking role we can come up tops.

But to write them off and just say Roberts and Sinclair is shite is dangerous. They are capable of destroying us. 

Ok, then, so Sinclair and Roberts, who've no bottle (Forrest comes under this category as well) are not dangerous and can be nullified by a less talented player if Pedro instructs him to play them tight, hard and in their faces. 

No disrespect to Hodson, but I think he's achieved what he has by his smarts rather than talent - which is commendable. He's more than capable of playing the outside man hard and tight and in his face if told to do so. The question mark, though, is whether or not he has the pace to do it.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That's true but we aren't in the EPL, we are part of a shite, backwater, sub-standard Scottish top flight which we hardly excel in ourselves.

I do take your point though that they aren't as great as they think they are. I've seen in Old Firm games before with better players of theirs like Di Canio, Moravcik etc that even an ordinary Rangers player, if they remain tight, disciplined and keep the head when it comes to a man marking role we can come up tops.

But to write them off and just say Roberts and Sinclair is shite is dangerous. They are capable of destroying us. 

Sinclair has scored four goals in six games against us already.

He might not be good enough for the EPL or the Champions League but our players are barely good enough for the Championship so the chances are that he'll have joy against us again this weekend.

7 hours ago, seville calculators said:

I don't think you can put a timescale on how long he should keep his job for.

If it becomes clear that it isn't working out before then then we need to take action, much like we did with Warburton.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Sinclair has scored four goals in six games against us already.

He might not be good enough for the EPL or the Champions League but our players are barely good enough for the Championship so the chances are that he'll have joy against us again this weekend.

That's exactly it. 

The fact he never really made it on the EPL or Champions League stage is neither here nor there, he's possibly the best player in Scotland on his day and that's where we so happen to be playing the beggars ... an environment we are hardly excelling in ourselves. There's every chance he'll have a good day against us this weekend.

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Have you watched us mate? If we go at these cunts they'll destroy us. Best we can hope for is to try and keep it tight and try and sneak one. They have better players and a better manager. 

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Have you watched us mate? If we go at these cunts they'll destroy us. Best we can hope for is to try and keep it tight and try and sneak one. They have better players and a better manager. 

There's a balance to be had though. Shoehorning Rossiter into a midfield is ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's exactly it. 

The fact he never really made it on the EPL or Champions League stage is neither here nor there, he's possibly the best player in Scotland on his day and that's where we so happen to be playing the beggars ... an environment we are hardly excelling in ourselves. There's every chance he'll have a good day against us this weekend.

I fucking hate praising them but I don't get people who just dismiss them and what they are doing just now like its some kind of fluke.

They haven't lost a game in Scotland in nearly 18 months and you still have people who talk about how shite they are when - domestically speaking - that's clearly not the case.

Archived