The Pedro Caixinha Thread

.Williamson.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Wouldnt be keen on Redknapp tbh. He's 70 years old, he was rotten at QPR and lost six games on the bounce to get sacked by Birmingham after being backed quite well in the Sunmer.

Redknapp and Nico 20 years ago would have been ideal, now both are too old and long past their prime.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Rightly or wrongly (and in a footballing sense only) I look at the taigs early to mid-90's and see them the same way as we are now...

Struggling in the league - nowhere near close to winning it.
Little chance of a cup win - no major cup win in years.
A crap manager - with a couple of crap ones previously too.
A board that don't really give a shit.

and I look at how these things can come round in a circle again and how we will be back winning again but IMO there's things you can do to make it happen quicker but we don't want to do them - for some unknown reason.

There's one difference and that is the financial backing they cunts have. 

5 hours ago, centenarystand said:

I barely missed a game in the 80s and don't be fooled this is fucking awful.

During the dark parts of the 80s we could still win cups, win matches in Europe and always gave the tarriers a game even in defeat.

from 1980 until  1986 we finished 3rd 3rd 4th 4th 4th and finally 5th in the league which is pants.Rangers won nothing for two seasons.in that period.certainly there were  3 league cup wins and one scottish cup victory. In europe we did not qualify in season 80/81 after that there were two round one exits and three round 2 exits.for me this was one of the worst periods for the club.it is impossible to judge pedro on just a few games this season. last season was a disaster but surely this was down to warburton's duds and the manager unsettling the playing staff by making it known he wanted away.

5 minutes ago, seville calculators said:

from 1980 until  1986 we finished 3rd 3rd 4th 4th 4th and finally 5th in the league which is pants.Rangers won nothing for two seasons.in that period.certainly there were  3 league cup wins and one scottish cup victory. In europe we did not qualify in season 80/81 after that there were two round one exits and three round 2 exits.for me this was one of the worst periods for the club.it is impossible to judge pedro on just a few games this season. last season was a disaster but surely this was down to warburton's duds and the manager unsettling the playing staff by making it known he wanted away.

I think therein lies a problem - because you remember the early-mid 80's and how bad we were, then any depth Pedro can sink us to isn't that big of a deal because you remember a time you think was worse. Why not remember good times and think we deserve so much better than this? I couldn't disagree more with the bit at the end about being impossible to judge him. When will you judge him and what more depths will it take? 

fucksake, we drew an away game 2.2 which we were dominating and where close to winning, yet now we're comparing Pedro's team to the worst ever teams we've had. We've even got one guy convinced he knew Pedro was a dud from day 1. Sure you did pal how come you're in a forum and not working for some manager scouting agency?

Put some perspective on this and use your head. We don't have a regular Rangers squad awash with internationals and multi million pound signing. We have a handful of internationals and the same with signings over a million. I don't know how people still expecting us to blow away teams like we've done in previous years when our squad is still threadbare and we're still nowhere near our regular level squad wise.

Feel a wee bit guilty for mentioning this - it's only a consideration in the event it doesn't work out for Pedro ..........

When we were looking for a manager De Boer's name came up but even the most optimistic knew with his CV this was not on.

His stock is probably the lowest it will ever be, making him more affordable.

Some blue and orange blood runs in his veins, making us attractive to him.

The circumstances are very similar to why the tranny opted for Paedo FC.

De Boer won four successive titles with Ajax.

He was the first manager ever to achieve this in the Dutch league, and that's saying something considering the quality the Dutch are known for.

Crystal Palace jumped the gun - he only signed a month ago. They are fucking idiots for firing him.

1 hour ago, rangerslion said:

fucksake, we drew an away game 2.2 which we were dominating and where close to winning, yet now we're comparing Pedro's team to the worst ever teams we've had. We've even got one guy convinced he knew Pedro was a dud from day 1. Sure you did pal how come you're in a forum and not working for some manager scouting agency?

Put some perspective on this and use your head. We don't have a regular Rangers squad awash with internationals and multi million pound signing. We have a handful of internationals and the same with signings over a million. I don't know how people still expecting us to blow away teams like we've done in previous years when our squad is still threadbare and we're still nowhere near our regular level squad wise.

We drew to the team bottom of the league, who had ten men for 30 minutes. 

1 hour ago, baxterboy said:

Feel a wee bit guilty for mentioning this - it's only a consideration in the event it doesn't work out for Pedro ..........

When we were looking for a manager De Boer's name came up but even the most optimistic knew with his CV this was not on.

He was the first manager ever to achieve this in the Dutch league, and that's saying something considering the quality the Dutch are known for.

Crystal Palace jumped the gun - he only signed a month ago. They are fucking idiots for firing him.

As much as I would love him here I'm not sure now is the best time for him to come.

We need someone to turn us into monstrous bastards, not Ajax.

Had a think over the weekend and I don't think I'm on the fence with the manager anymore. 

Didn't MW never win 3 league games on the trot as well? Absolutely has to win the next two games. However the problem is it feels like the MW era in the sense that winning the next two relieves pressure on Pedro then the two after that we draw and loss, then we win two and everythings fine then loss and draw again and we end up with the league over before Halloween again. 

I think 90% of fans will be done with him if were sitting 8 points behind next Saturday afternoon

6 hours ago, seville calculators said:

No one is disputing the early 80s was a dark period. The point is it was no where near as bad as things are  today. Pedro has overseen the 2 worst results in Rangers history, even Murty avoided carnage with Warbutons duds...

4 hours ago, baxterboy said:

How much time would WE give him?.

What makes you think he can come in and hit the ground running? What evidence is there that we would get maximum points from his first game onwards?

Because if his first 4 games here went anything like his first 4 at CP, folk would be screaming for him to be sacked too.

I watched a few of the CP games and thought but for goals and points he had them playing quite well. Ridiculous finishing and mistakes were killing them.

He would likely have done well given time.

We won't give Pedro's replacement the time needed to make the project work. His recent baggage would have folk branding him a dud with the first dropped points.

Wrong time for De Boer to even be considered imo.

9 minutes ago, gregswanson said:

in the unfortunate and highly unlikely event pedro gets the road in 2 weeks time i think de boer is a good shout esp. Since his stock is low will the board pony up the cash to get him

Ffs we dodged a bullet the last time and you want to get him as manager?  How about someone tried and tested? 

2 minutes ago, gregswanson said:

winning 4 dutch titles with Ajax is hardly a bullet plus his pedigree here well speaks for itself

That's all he's done and lets be honest only two teams are going to win the Dutch league, 3 at a push. His other two he's flopped big time

His pedigree means fuck all, he was a player then. 

We need a real short term fix, that's how desperate its getting as the tarriers sleep walk to 9 and 10

7 minutes ago, gregswanson said:

winning 4 dutch titles with Ajax is hardly a bullet plus his pedigree here well speaks for itself

Against who? He had the best , team, best squad, biggest budget at Ajax.

So his pedigree here I don't understand as he was pish for us, Ronald was the better off the 2.  Frank was the better player out of the 2 off them thou but was finished by the time he came here  but was a joy at Ajax then Barca to watch and had some left peg on him

Frank de Boer's way of playing suits one club and that was Ajax. He had a whole infrastructure there that followed the same principles as his own. Inter didn't have it, Palace didn't have it and we certainly don't have it. 

We need a guy who will sort out a defence and make us tough to beat. Walk before you can run!

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We drew to the team bottom of the league, who had ten men for 30 minutes. 

we were 2-1 at the sending off and pulled a goal back and nearly scored again a few times. Thistle were a top 6 team last season, 5 games into the new campaign and a couple of close games don't make them the worst team in the league. They're actually a decent little team and were unlucky a few times this season. They should of got a result against Aberdeen a few games ago.

Archived