Where should we be

Totally gutted with the result and lack of desire and belief today, also losing patience with Pedro and think he's really not got it.  He's been here for the best part of 6/7mnths now and spent some considerable cash in the process.

where should we be realistically in this rebuild job?

We should be celebrating not hurting, if we are to believe around £8m spent then we should be having these cunts in our own back yard, simply not good enough and too add our most expensive player (Pena at £2.5m) should be commanding the midfield not being posted missing.

The biggest mistake we ever made was hiring the bread man.

2  years at a key stage in rebuilding were wasted playing a stupid 4-3-3 system that was never going to work in Scottish football.

4 defeats in 5 games for him at Forest now he'll be out of a job again soon.

1 minute ago, Alves70 said:

2  years at a key stage in rebuilding were wasted playing a stupid 4-3-3 system that was never going to work in Scottish football.

Disagree, I think the biggest problem was McCoist.

We had an ideal opportunity to start from scratch and build for the time we reached the premiership, instead he turned us into a load of shite with hasbeens and alsorans.

In my opinion this is when we made the biggest fuck up.

You can then say getting King on board was a fuck up, but it could have been an even bigger fuck up depending on whom else took over in his place.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We had an ideal opportunity to start from scratch and build for the time we reached the premiership, instead he turned us into a load of shite with hasbeens and alsorans.

You can then say getting King on board was a fuck up, but it could have been an even bigger fuck up depending on whom else took over in his place.

Impossible to build a team in the lower leagues and hope they are ready for the time we get to the top league.

We can't even build a team halfway capable after 3 transfer windows in it.

17 minutes ago, dande101 said:

We should be celebrating not hurting, if we are to believe around £8m spent then we should be having these cunts in our own back yard, simply not good enough and too add our most expensive player (Pena at £2.5m) should be commanding the midfield not being posted missing.

8 mil eh? That's somewhere around a fifth of Dembele's valuation.

A 30m wage bill.

Penny dropped yet?

Just now, MasterD said:

Impossible to build a team in the lower leagues and hope they are ready for the time we get to the top league.

We can't even build a team halfway capable after 3 transfer windows in it.

I think you miss the point

Buying high quality youngsters, and giving them a lot of game time - which they wouldn't normally have been given at Rangers and allowing them to play alongside seasoned professionals whom would have been ready for retirement at SPL stage but by that time they would have passed on their knowledge and experience.

Instead we bought such shit as Black, Kyle, Daly etc

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

A 30m wage bill.

Penny dropped yet?

What load of shite. Dembele was not worth 30 million when they bought him. He cost less than a million. He's done well there and now club's which is why the price tag has now inflated.

Not even disputing they should be better but We should be comfortably second. Yet we aren't. 

As others have said we have no fight and are not even showing much improvement from last year.

8 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm not defending Coisty here but with Green in charge back then any player worth his salt would have been out the door asap on the cheap no team would have been built for the long term.

Lewis Macleod being case in point.

It's also a lot easier to say your going to build a team capable of winning the SPL a few years down the line while in the 4th level of Scottish football than it is actually doing it.

What ever happens with pedro we cant be doing another overhaul in the summer, our team needs some continuity. Buying 11 players a season is so disruptive. We can talk about managers until the cows come home but who ever is in the dug out need to address our left hand side. Our LB and LW options are laughable. And the tims today done a job on is by battering down our left wing.

1 minute ago, Alves70 said:

I'm not defending Coisty here but with Green in charge back then any player worth his salt would have been out the door asap on the cheap no team would have been built for the long term.

Lewis Macleod being case in point.

It's also a lot easier to say your going to build a team capable of winning the SPL a few years down the line while in the 4th level of Scottish football than it is actually doing it.

McCoist wasn't just in charge of us when we were in the 4th level of Scottish football, he had plenty of time to implement these kinds of ideas and philosophies.

14 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I think you miss the point

Buying high quality youngsters, and giving them a lot of game time - which they wouldn't normally have been given at Rangers and allowing them to play alongside seasoned professionals whom would have been ready for retirement at SPL stage but by that time they would have passed on their knowledge and experience.

Instead we bought such shit as Black, Kyle, Daly etc

I don't miss the point. We didn't have the money for high quality youngsters. We can't buy the best youngsters now. If we bought the best young players in Scotland they'd have been playing against part timers that had a full weeks work behind them and that would've struggled to develop. McKay was shit in the SPL yet one of the best young Scottish players about.

No matter who was manager, owner, boardroom, anything else, when we came up to the SPL it was a rebuilding job. No 2ways about it.

Since we came up we've signed internationalists, spent millions on players and wages and we can't get near them and people think we could've built a team in the lower leagues ready for a challenge? No chance. Fantasist pish.

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

A 30m wage bill.

Penny dropped yet?

No mate, who gives a fuck about their wage bill, the so called money we spent should mean we can build a team capable of protecting our home.

St Johnstone done it so why can't We?

Penny dropped Yet?

4 hours ago, Alves70 said:

I think our manager before him was a bigger mistake somehow 

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Bang on 

I believe we will finish a comfortable 2nd As long as we cut the points gap to them considerably and win a cup or 2 that will be a successful season all things considered. IMO the bigger question needs answered next summer lets say we do the above do we then believe pedro is the man to take us forward again next season? thats a question only the board can answer.