If decisions even themselves out over a season

Jimfanciesthedude

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Maybe I'm wrong but he puts his arm back to hold the guy off.  That's all I see. He still should have been sent off mind you.

there was also a point the referee awarded  them a free kick and he had the ball and took a shot from near enough the half way line after the whistle was blew.  That could have been a caution if the referee wanted to be a cunt. 

The guy is sort of touching his arm and he throws an elbow up at him. It's probably just a natural reaction rather than conscious malice, but it's a red card none the less.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Hamilton lad should have gone...Jack decision was right him and Pena could have gone for the first tackle...Pena wasn't sent off for the goal cause linesman incorrectly gave offside.

Other than that ref was fine.

The "offside" goal was handball. It correctly got chopped off. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Glad we won, doesn't distract from the fact we are shite. 

Come back to me when we beat the sheep, hibs and hearts on the bounce. 

Well that certainly won't be this season.

We dont have those 3 fixtures in succession. 

13 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Don't think I quoted you or anyone else. Just don't get this thing where someone on RM highlights a poor refereeing decision against us which results in umpteen posts highlighting where we could have had a player booked or sent off. To focus on decisions against us seems to be a tim thing and not the Rangers way lol

I know, but I did say Jack and Pena were lucky not to be sent of for first tackle...which I stand by. It's not a tim thing, entirely the opposite actually it's looking at the game in as balanced a manner is possible whilst wearing blue specs.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Pish, he's a 10th of a second away from clearing the ball, if jacks 2nd is a yellow then explain the ref not even booking the Hamilton boy for the penalty 

Because he's a shite referee. 

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

That doesn't mean he wasn't given offside. The linesman made the decision. I do agree leeway could have been given due to pace, and quite rightly so. I just don't think officials are as on the ball as that.

If that goal wasn't given because the linesman gave offside rather than hand ball, then we've got a shite linesman aswell because he was a good yard and a half onside.  

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

I'm sure you're smart enough to realise the point I was making but I'll rephrase it for you just in case I'm mistaken.

Folk are actually arguing that our players SHOULD be sent off. 

No folk are just not greeting faced tarrier bastards that think the worlds out to get them. 

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I know, but I did say Jack and Pena were lucky not to be sent of for first tackle...which I stand by. It's not a tim thing, entirely the opposite actually it's looking at the game in as balanced a manner is possible whilst wearing blue specs.

Fuck that I've always got my unbalanced blue specs on :lol:

28 minutes ago, GOAT said:

No as if he slapped the ball in the net, it was blootered straight at him and it hit between his shoulder and elbow.  A yellow for that would have been soft.

The rules state that its only a handball if its deliberate. So the ref must've thought it was deliberate. Since the goal got chopped off, the officials thought it was deliberate.

Thr rules also state all deliberate handballs are red cards (Goalie handling outside the box is the one we most often see this rule being applied)

So either the officials dont know the rules properly, or they're just not applying them for some reason? It should've been a goal or no goal and a red card. It was neither. 

9 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I'm sure you're smart enough to realise the point I was making but I'll rephrase it for you just in case I'm mistaken.

Folk are actually arguing that our players SHOULD be sent off. 

You're mistake was making a completely separate point front the one you wanted to. 

He should have been sent off.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

The rules state that its only a handball if its deliberate. So the ref must've thought it was deliberate. Since the goal got chopped off, the officials thought it was deliberate.

Thr rules also state all deliberate handballs are red cards (Goalie handling outside the box is the one we most often see this rule being applied)

So either the officials dont know the rules properly, or they're just not applying them for some reason? It should've been a goal or no goal and a red card. It was neither. 

It was a deliberate handball but the ball came at him at pace. Plus the ref gave a goal. So the ref was obviously informed from the linesman it was offside/hand ball. Either way he didn't notice it initially so he was never going to send the player off. Right decision imo

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

You're mistake was not making a completely separate point front the one you wanted to. 

He should have been sent off.

For what? A tackle similar to one committed by a Partick Thistle player a fortnight ago that was also deemed a yellow card? Or for an apparent elbow similar to the one thrown by Lego a week ago which was met with the same outcome, no punishment?

All we ask is consistency from our refs, we got it regarding both those incidents tonight. And I'm delighted.

You on the other hand seem raging mate.