Rangers Picture Thread

15 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I was reading something last night where Bill Shankly said Jerry Dawson was one of the finest goalkeepers he had ever seen. That's a great photo.

I can well believe he said that. Anytime I’ve heard him mentioned it’s always with the highest regard.

25 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

I can well believe he said that. Anytime I’ve heard him mentioned it’s always with the highest regard.

I think he was nicknamed 'the prince of goalkeepers'. 'I played in the same team as Jerry seven times between 1939 and 1943...But at the end of it all I had no doubt that Jerry Dawson ranked among the greatest keepers of all time'- Bill Shankly. Fine words indeed.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think he was nicknamed 'the prince of goalkeepers'. 'I played in the same team as Jerry seven times between 1939 and 1943...But at the end of it all I had no doubt that Jerry Dawson ranked among the greatest keepers of all time'- Bill Shankly. Fine words indeed.

Nice quote ?

2 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Nice quote ?

We are sometimes in danger of losing touch with the whole history of the club, and sticking to our own generation when we evaluate who the best 11 were etc. There is just so many great players who played for Rangers that it can be a pointless exercise ever imagining who were the best ever 11.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We are sometimes in danger of losing touch with the whole history of the club, and sticking to our own generation when we evaluate who the best 11 were etc. There is just so many great players who played for Rangers that it can be a pointless exercise ever imagining who were the best ever 11.

That’s true. There’s guys we’ve never seen play that could probably walk in to a best 11, guys that were playing when there was no tv, internet, radio phone ins etc. That Alan Morton - wee blue devil - was some player by all accounts and there’s many others.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

That’s true. There’s guys we’ve never seen play that could probably walk in to a best 11, guys that were playing when there was no tv, internet, radio phone ins etc. That Alan Morton - wee blue devil - was some player by all accounts and there’s many others.

Exactly, and in that sense we have lost touch with them, unless we are fortunate enough to troll through a great many archives; however the extent to which they stay known could be compromised. These photos help though.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Exactly, and in that sense we have lost touch with them, unless we are fortunate enough to troll through a great many archives; however the extent to which they stay known could be compromised. These photos help though.

There used to be a painting of Alan Morton hanging inside Ibrox do you know if it still hangs there?