John MacDonald

mrmojorisin

Scored the first goal in THAT Drybrough  Cup Final, a goal largely forgotten because of the unforgettable quality of Sandy’s and Coop’s. Although I seem to remember it as a tidy finish, something  John McDonald was very adept at.

Sure I read a quote from him saying he was literally sick with nerves that day and he threw up on the pitch after scoring.

13 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Well mate!  I don't think you are going to get Richard Gough, John Brown, John Greig or any of the other ex-players who are regularly trotted out at different intervals supporting the board to do that. In all the many years I have supported our beloved club, I have never came across such a piss weak inept mob as this lot; excluding the shonkies who fleeced us left, right and centre.

They really are a shower of shite and what makes it worse is that they are 'Rangers men' rather than just your usual generic corporate money men looking to make another fast buck.

It's only a matter of time before Ally gets fucked on this clusterfuck of a thread

To answer the OP. John is a proud Drumchapel boy who lived the dream and played/scored for his boyhood team. As mentioned, made his debut at 17 in the Drybrugh Cup Final - the Davie Cooper/Sandy Jardine goals game which we won 3-1 

He then scored against Sellick the following month in a league game at ibrox which finishec 2-2 

Great left foot and scored a few goals but never quite kicked on after 2/3 years in the team and made way for players like Willliamson, Ally, Fleck 

I've met him a few times and he's a top guy, loves the bears and swears like fuck ???

36 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

It's only a matter of time before Ally gets fucked on this clusterfuck of a thread

To answer the OP. John is a proud Drumchapel boy who lived the dream and played/scored for his boyhood team. As mentioned, made his debut at 17 in the Drybrugh Cup Final - the Davie Cooper/Sandy Jardine goals game which we won 3-1 

He then scored against Sellick the following month in a league game at ibrox which finishec 2-2 

Great left foot and scored a few goals but never quite kicked on after 2/3 years in the team and made way for players like Willliamson, Ally, Fleck 

I've met him a few times and he's a top guy, loves the bears and swears like fuck ???

Wee Solo scored a couple of great goals v Arsenal on a Friday night in a game the whole world were there to see Clive Allen’s debut and only game I think for them after his transfer from QPR only for him to change his mind. The press that night had only one player to write about and he was in Blue

32 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

the first pro I ever saw in real life 

he stayed across from my cousins in the drum .

can remember all the local wee guys surrounding him when he pulled up in his ford capri

FFS only cunts that surrounded my Ford Capri were the "watch your motor mister" brigade!!!  JMCD was a tidy wee player who, yes another, never seemed to realize his full potential.

12 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

And he would fall over if you sneezed on him ?, as you said he was a tidy young player who could play but never pushed on possibly down to Greig and a Rangers team on decline. 

scored thee 3rd goal in the dave cooper keepy up game drew the keeper lovely  little pass into the net...i would argue that was the best goals in 1 game like aset ,cooper jardine mcdonald..when big jock went to leicester he was asked if he would bring any players with him,in his usual polite way  he said only 1 i would want .john mcdonald from Rangers.

1 hour ago, The Widow's Son said:

Ask him why his nickname was Polaris?  His diving was shameful.  He wiz a cheat from start to finish.  Never did much with us or his career.  

He scored 77 goals in 230 appearances and won three trophies in a period when we were a pretty average team up against very good Aberdeen, Dundee United and celtic teams. I wouldn't down play his achievements too much.