Has Murty already failed?

AM1872

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

One thing I would say about him is that he can drift into some really good spaces - whether intentional or not - which forces them to cover him and commit a man

Yeah , certainly think the old head is there and wants to do what he once could . 

Just now, gmcf said:

Yeah , certainly think the old head is there and wants to do what he once could . 

It's clear he's done but I think there's still a few last wee bits we could wring out of him before the season ends. He had a few really good passes today but that was about the size of it. Against poorer teams he could probably pull them out a bit more late on and hopefully we've got the players who could capitalise

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

Ok you just ignore Murty, match thread, anyone else that watched it, you were right. 

Being lucky and being battered are two different things.

We were lucky with the Bates handball but apart from that and a couple of half-chances Hibs did nothing noteworthy.

Just now, Bronzy said:

We were lucky with the Bates handball but apart from that and a couple of half-chances Hibs did nothing noteworthy.

Apart from hitting the woodwork several times, missing sitters and Wes pulling off some fantastic saves? Ok

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Ok you just ignore Murty, match thread, anyone else that watched it, you were right. 

We endured a lot of pressure. We were very passive at times.

"We were really slack with the ball, didn't move it or deal with it well enough, but we stood up to a good team putting lots of balls in our box and playing some good stuff.

"I thought the only good passages of play we had in the first half we scored from."

"[The goals] changed [my half-time team talk] considerably," Murty said. "Danny Wilson came in, not ranting and raving, but firmly said, 'We're lucky because we haven't started yet'.

"We were far too reactive to what Hibs were doing. We didn't manage to impose a style on the game. All over the pitch, we were a little bit lose.

"But, when you come to places like this, you have to endure pressure, sometimes you have to ride your luck. And we walk away with three fortuitous points, I would say."

"[Hibs] played well, but we stood up and won challenges, won headers and managed to find a way without being great, without being flashy, without actually passing the ball at all, which is really annoying me," Murty continued.

The players know our standards. Having that free-flowing, sexy football allied to a resilient core with a bit of steel can take us a long way.

"I'd like to have both of them in any game. But, if we can only have one, we had the resilience today.

"But, more important, we need to recover these players, because we've got a quick turnaround and there are some battered bodies in there and we need to make sure we take care of them really well before the game on Saturday."

That's what Murty said. I don't disagree we had to endure pressure but that's still far from it being the most one-sided game.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Hibs remind me of Warburton's Rangers,pass,pass,pass get the ball into wide positions and then do nothing with it.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Hibs remind me of Warburton's Rangers,pass,pass,pass get the ball into wide positions and then do nothing with it.

Their sub came on a hit the bar and the post a few times they done us but we got the result, they were all over us.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

We might have looked shit but we've won the bulk of them. That can still improve and I don't think anyone has said that everything is rosy in the garden re: results.

For 11 of his twelve games he's looked out his depth despite those 11 games (assuming the Ibrox win over Aberdeen is the other won) containing wins away to Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen and a draw at them.

The game against Hibs was that one sided we had an equal share of possession (50%), more shots on goal (12-10), just as many shots on target (3) and just as many corners (4). Now you can repeat it was one sided as many times as you want. The reality is, it wasn't. Nowhere close.

Sorry but that’s Bollocks - no one was moaning with the back to back wins against the sheep - in fact folk were praising him as an ‘inexperienced’ manager out witting McInnes! 

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

Why are some posters so pissed off that we defeated Hibs after coming under tons of pressure and showing resilience to forge a win. You'd think we were the only team ever to have won in that fashion.

You are complete and utter dip sticks.

Noone is unhappy that we defeated Hivs, the whole conversation is in relation to performances under Murty. If you aren't going to go back and read the comment chain then don't chime in having not read the context.

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Apart from hitting the woodwork several times, missing sitters and Wes pulling off some fantastic saves? Ok

Wes had to make two proper saves.

They hit the post twice, one being saved by Wes.

Losing 5 or 6 nil is being battered, winning 2-1 and being fortunate a couple of times is not being battered.

4 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Why are some posters so pissed off that we defeated Hibs after coming under tons of pressure and showing resilience to forge a win. You'd think we were the only team ever to have won in that fashion.

You are complete and utter dip sticks.

We did it for about 4 years solid under Smith :lol: 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It's clear he's done but I think there's still a few last wee bits we could wring out of him before the season ends. He had a few really good passes today but that was about the size of it. Against poorer teams he could probably pull them out a bit more late on and hopefully we've got the players who could capitalise

I was crying out for a free kick outside the box for him but it just never happened , unfortunately. Yeah he's done , tbh you don't really get much time on the ball up here , no matter who you play , which is what he likes . Hopefully we'll see some of those slide rule passes , but with Jack , Dorrans and Barjonas in there too , I don't think we'll see too much more of Nico . 

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

Noone is unhappy that we defeated Hivs, the whole conversation is in relation to performances under Murty. If you aren't going to go back and read the comment chain then don't chime in having not read the context.

I have read the thread. Unfortunately. There is no context. You are completely bonkers mad and I'm not wasting a single second more on it. Have a good night arguing about fuck all.

Just now, Bronzy said:

Wes had to make two proper saves.

They hit the post twice, one being saved by Wes.

Losing 5 or 6 nil is being battered, winning 2-1 and being fortunate a couple of times is not being battered.

I'd call not being able to get out your own half and being under pressure for most of the match battered. I'd call getting beat 5 or 6 nil a gubbing

Just now, theclothmonster said:

I'd call not being able to get out your own half and being under pressure for most of the match battered. I'd call getting beat 5 or 6 nil a gubbing

They did nothing with it. Wes had to make two saves. He made more in 60 seconds today than he did in 90 minutes at Easter Road.

Just now, The Dude said:

Were we battered by celtic today? They missed several sitters and Foderingham made some fantastic saves?

No we were under pressure the first half and had them under pressure the second against the filth. Hivs controlled our game for most of the match with the exception of the last 5 minutes of the first half where we scored two goals.