Has Murty already failed?

AM1872

14 minutes ago, Gustav said:

We literally have about 15 senior players, 2 of them aren't bothered(Kranjcar and Alves) and 2 of them are so far off it it's unreal(Pena and Herrera)

He deserves to be able to bring in some of his own players and see where we are

u ok?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

No he doesn't, he is clearly out of his depth.  Forget today's result and look at his lack of tactical ability in other games.  Today is not the yard stick of his ability.   

If he was clearly out of his depth we'd have lost twice at parkhead, lost at Pittodrie, lost at Easter Road and lost at Murrayfield.

THere have been some shite results in there but he's not the first Rangers manager to have some fucking atrocious results and he wont be the last.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What about his tactical ability today?

show Sinclair and Forrest inside and into a flood of bodies.

Our game plan was superb today.

Exactly. Losing the games we have is really poor but anybody who thinks a manager with 15 or so games under his belt isn’t going to make mistakes is being completely unreasonable IMO.

Just now, Gustav said:

Pedro had about 4 months too long tbh.

Murty got us a draw against the filth in their own midden and what five or six weeks later they put five past us in our own back yard. Pedro was never up to it from day one and one good performance against Aberdeen isn’t going to ever be enough to make me change my mind.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Warburton yes, Pedro wasn’t given enough time tbh. 

We got absolutely battered in 2-0 game last season in Semi final, it could’ve been 8.

the week after we got fucked 5-1 and they ran all over us.

Pedro was a clueless cunt, no revisionism can change that.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If he was clearly out of his depth we'd have lost twice at parkhead, lost at Pittodrie, lost at Easter Road and lost at Murrayfield.

THere have been some shite results in there but he's not the first Rangers manager to have some fucking atrocious results and he wont be the last.

The performances under Murty have been far more concerning than the results, watching shitey wee no mark teams dominate us all over the park.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Murty got us a draw against the filth in their own midden and what five or six weeks later they put five past us in our own back yard. Pedro was never up to it from day one and one good performance against Aberdeen isn’t going to ever be enough to make me change my mind.

It wasn't even a good performance lets be honest it was a freak 10 minutes that came from nowhere.

Pedro conceded 9 in 3 against them, at Ibrox and Hampden, Murty has conceded 1 in 2. People have to remember he hasn't had the use of Wallace or Dorrans, people can say what they want about them but they are 2 of our most important players. 

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

I'm not the one ignoring other games, you are, I clearly stated he needs to start winning games against the dross of the league, that's why we need more creativity.

You're the one ignoring 14 points from 18 from games against (away)the filthx2, Hearts, the sheep and Hibs (home) the sheep. That's a great record for anyone let alone a rookie learning his trade.

I'm not ignoring anything.  He has no idea how to change a game.  Not a clue.  He can't decide when to make a substitution until it is too late.  Even today he left Kranjcar on for about 80 minutes.   What about the utter dross against the lower teams?    Football is a results-based game and his record is poor in general:

Morton (H) we scraped a 2-1 win.   Lost at  both Dundee and Inverness (ICT were so good they were relegated).  Managed to beat St Johnstone at home with a stoppage time winner.   Got a fortunate draw at Parkhead.   Then Hearts (W), Thistle (W), Accies (L),  Dundee (L), Aberdeen ( W twice), Ross County (W),  Hibs (W),  St. Johnstone (L), Killie (L), Well (W), Tims (D).   From that we have 26 points from a possible 48.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are you seriously in favour of Murty being in the post of manager of Rangers?

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm not ignoring anything.  He has no idea how to change a game.  Not a clue.  He can't decide when to make a substitution until it is too late.  Even today he left Kranjcar on for about 80 minutes.   What about the utter dross against the lower teams?    Football is a results-based game and his record is poor in general:

Morton (H) we scraped a 2-1 win.   Lost at  both Dundee and Inverness (ICT were so good they were relegated).  Managed to beat St Johnstone at home with a stoppage time winner.   Got a fortunate draw at Parkhead.   Then Hearts (W), Thistle (W), Accies (L),  Dundee (L), Aberdeen ( W twice), Ross County (W),  Hibs (W),  St. Johnstone (L), Killie (L), Well (W), Tims (D).   From that we have 26 points from a possible 48.

'A fortunate draw at Parkhead' :lol::lol::lol: 

Again, I've said he needs to learn to break teams down but he has been working with utter dross and getting them to perform in the big games, he should be allowed to bring in some attacking players in January and see if he can improve that aspect of his game.

What about changing to a diamond out of the blue to take 6 points from the sheep games, that shows some tactical nous, no?

He seems to be a good organiser , motivator and the players seem to like him but he's going to have to start being able to find a way of opening up defences or we will keep disappointing against the smaller teams that come to defend in depth . 

He's not alone it seems to be a problem weve had throughout McCoisI , Warburton and Pedro too . 

16 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

The performances under Murty have been far more concerning than the results, watching shitey wee no mark teams dominate us all over the park.

I'm sure if I had the inclination, I could find examples of every Rangers manager seeing his team dominated by shitey no-mark teams. I've also watched far better Rangers teams than this one - with far better managers - go to celtic and get absolutely destroyed.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

So Kranjcar was outstanding?  Part of the plan?

Kranjcar was fucking awful but as a team, tactically, we were on point.

Last season in 5-1 game their midfield had a fucking field day.

We were, by far, the best team there today and no - one can say that’d be case if that wank Warburton was manager or that cunt Caixinha.

Just now, The Dude said:

I'm sure if I had the inclination, I could find examples of every Rangers manager seeing his team dominated by shitey no-mark teams. I've also watched far better Rangers teams than this one - with far better managers - go to celtic and get absolutely destroyed.

Could you find examples of a Rangers manager other than McCoist being dominated by shitey no mark teams consistently? Since Murty took over the only games we've looked the part are the Aberdeen, Hearts and today ironically. The games we have lost we thoroughly deserved to lose them and weren't exactly against the run of play. 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Surely 11 against 11 would have been better?  

Who would you have played? Pena who would also have been a passenger or Barjonas who let the game bypass him at Easter Road?

It's utterly pathetic that you refuse to give the man any credit at all.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Nowhere near good enough. We've just went from 2 managers who could win against the smaller teams but couldn't get results in the big games to a putting a coach in charge who does the exact opposite.

Surely it's more encouraging that he can do it in the big games? You would think breaking teams down would be easier to improve at than the other way around. He deserves the chance to add some creativity in January.