Has Murty already failed?

AM1872

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

You just know Dudes googling like fuck to get every detail of Souness and Smiths time at Rangers to get an internet win.:mutley:

Stop trolling/derailing the thread/(insert other tedious Smile line here)

EDIT: Oh I've got another one. Are you seriously on here just looking to argue after a decent result? :lol:

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Dude said:

We might have looked shit but we've won the bulk of them. That can still improve and I don't think anyone has said that everything is rosy in the garden re: results.

For 11 of his twelve games he's looked out his depth despite those 11 games (assuming the Ibrox win over Aberdeen is the other won) containing wins away to Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen and a draw at them.

The game against Hibs was that one sided we had an equal share of possession (50%), more shots on goal (12-10), just as many shots on target (3) and just as many corners (4). Now you can repeat it was one sided as many times as you want. The reality is, it wasn't. Nowhere close.

It really was that one sided though. The original point I made was that he should have known not to play the diamond against a side with good width, which was a massive sore point.

Just now, theclothmonster said:

It really was that one sided though. The original point I made was that he should have known not to play the diamond against a side with good width, which was a massive sore point.

You're going to have to explain what was one-sided about it. They certainly never forced more saves from our keeper or had the ball more or had more corners so what was one-sided about it?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're going to have to explain what was one-sided about it. They certainly never forced more saves from our keeper or had the ball more or had more corners so what was one-sided about it?

Well being under pressure for most of the match, they hit the woodwork several times and Wes had to pull of a string of fantastic saves. Our only two attacks of the first half netted us two goals and then us spending the second 45 minutes camped in our own half requiring an extra defender to see the game out. To be honest though, i'm not answering anymore of your questions until you answer my initial one to you that you weren't inclined to look up. other then McCoist how many Rangers managers have had such an abysmal record in both results and performances against diddy teams over the time frame that Murty has had? One off games against Hamilton isn't going to cut it.

4 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Well being under pressure for most of the match, they hit the woodwork several times and Wes had to pull of a string of fantastic saves. Our only two attacks of the first half netted us two goals and then us spending the second 45 minutes camped in our own half requiring an extra defender to see the game out. To be honest though, i'm not answering anymore of your questions until you answer my initial one to you that you weren't inclined to look up. other then McCoist how many Rangers managers have had such an abysmal record in both results and performances against diddy teams over the time frame that Murty has had? One off games against Hamilton isn't going to cut it.

Wes had to make one more save than their keeper did.

Despite being "camped" in our half they did nothing with it.

I couldn't ultimately care less about performances if we win games. WE can be shite 38 out of 38 games in a season but if we have the most points then that's the only thing anybody will ever care about.

Walter Smith is pretty close to Murty's record.

Murty has played 16, won 9 drawn 1 and lost 6.

In Walters first 16 he won 11 lost 3(St Mirren, Motherwell and Hearts) and drew with Dundee United and Aberdeen so it's a bit better but not brilliant.

If you take it to Walter's first 20 games he won 12 lost 6 and drew 2 (losing three of his next four games before losing to St. Mirren AGAIN shortly afterwards, drawing with Falkirk and Airdrie.

Funnily enough, Smith was also a rookie boss who had a bit of a patchy to start with after taking the manager's job.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wes had to make one more save than their keeper did.

Despite being "camped" in our half they did nothing with it.

I couldn't ultimately care less about performances if we win games. WE can be shite 38 out of 38 games in a season but if we have the most points then that's the only thing anybody will ever care about.

Walter Smith is pretty close to Murty's record.

Murty has played 16, won 9 drawn 1 and lost 6.

In Walters first 16 he won 11 lost 3(St Mirren, Motherwell and Hearts) and drew with Dundee United and Aberdeen so it's a bit better but not brilliant.

If you take it to Walter's first 20 games he won 12 lost 6 and drew 2 (losing three of his next four games before losing to St. Mirren AGAIN shortly afterwards, drawing with Falkirk and Airdrie.

Funnily enough, Smith was also a rookie boss who had a bit of a patchy to start with after taking the manager's job.

Murty has had 18 games in charge and lost to Dundee x2, Inverness, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock. In 18 games he's lost to diddy teams 6 times. 

Pretty sure Murty would agree with me in regards to us being luck in the Hivs match http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42347065.

You could also have a wee look at your own disgusting shite of a rag for Murty's perspective on the match but I for one will not be linking that shite.

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Murty has had 18 games in charge and lost to Dundee x2, Inverness, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock. In 18 games he's lost to diddy teams 6 times. 

Pretty sure Murty would agree with me in regards to us being luck in the Hivs match http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42347065.

You could also have a wee look at your own disgusting shite of a rag for Murty's perspective on the match but I for one will not be linking that shite.

Infact, it's his seventeenth. should be two draws (forgot to add today's game.) If Murty wins his next three games his record is identical to Smiths with a far inferior side.

10 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I have to laugh that you will link to a one media outlet ACTUALLY in dispute with the club and refusing to send staff to cover the club. Linking the BBC to make a point about the Daily Record is one of the most arse-backwards things I've seen. Obviously you're quite happy with their attack on the club

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I have to laugh that you will link to a one media outlet ACTUALLY in dispute with the club and refusing to send staff to cover the club. Linking the BBC to make a point about the Daily Record is one of the most arse-backwards things I've seen. Obviously you're quite happy with their attack on the club

I was linking Murtys quotes where he says we were lucky and under massive pressure for the game you keep arguing we weren't lucky to win and that was apparently 50/50.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

I was linking Murtys quotes where he says we were lucky and under massive pressure for the game you keep arguing we weren't lucky to win and that was apparently 50/50.

Also the BBC whose 'chief football reporter' is banned from Ibrox. THe same folk who portrayed the club's manager as falling to his death from the top of the main stand. Shameful.

4 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Murty will be wrong so will everyone else who watched the game and thought the same, Guess who will still think he's right though, yep you've guessed it the Narcissist(dude).

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Morton, Dundee, ICT, St J, Hamilton, celtic, Hearts, Partick, Hamilton, Dundee, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Ross County, Hivs , ST J, Kilmarnock, motherwell, celtic

I'll hold my hands up to that. This is the data I've used and it's lacking the Motherwell game too for some reason. Maybe just not been updated over Xmas. Funnily, that takes him another win closer to Walter's record in the same time. Two more wins and he's got an identical record to Smith. If he beats Fraserburgh and Aberdeen he's nailed it.  So aye, there's yer Rangers manager with a similar record to Murty's. Walter Fucking Smith.

Just now, The Dude said:

Also the BBC whose 'chief football reporter' is banned from Ibrox. THe same folk who portrayed the club's manager as falling to his death from the top of the main stand. Shameful.

So we can finally agree that we were lucky against Hivs in that game now? You know the one Murty is quoted as saying we were lucky to win and under massive pressure. Wrong about the Hivs game and wrong about how many games Murty was in charge for, call yourself a journo?

Just now, Smile said:

Murty will be wrong so will everyone else who watched the game and thought the same, Guess who will still think he's right though, yep you've guessed it the Narcissist.

I see you've stopped calling Murty 'the bubbler'. And please, stop derailing the thread.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Aye, I suppose Murty was between a rock and a hard place but anyone else would have been better, almost every post on here wanted him off.

You know , I did too , but when you look back , it was working , particularly in the 2nd half . I think it's a case of ' if it ain't broke , don't fix it ' . I think GM probably timed it right when he eventually took him off . 

Just now, theclothmonster said:

So we can finally agree that we were lucky against Hivs in that game now? You know the one Murty is quoted as saying we were lucky to win and under massive pressure. Wrong about the Hivs game and wrong about how many games Murty was in charge for, call yourself a journo?

Your point wasn't that we were lucky, you called it the most one-sided match against us you'd seen. Utter nonsense.

Just now, gmcf said:

You know , I did too , but when you look back , it was working , particularly in the 2nd half . I think it's a case ' if it ain't broke , don't fix it ' . I think GM probably timed it right when he took him off . 

One thing I would say about him is that he can drift into some really good spaces - whether intentional or not - which forces them to cover him and commit a man