The Board

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Yes they are, yes they've made mistakes but  they've backed the last 3 managers with their money and without their money the gates would be padlocked,  lets be honest plenty on here want rid but can't remember anyone putting forward an alternative solution 

Every post I’ve seen of yours I’ve agreed with! Like your thinking mate :tu:

They have done well in bringing in the players over the last few weeks that Murty/Allan identified. They also backed Pedro to a level above what I was expecting. Overall their investment in the playing side of things is their one saving grace.

The Concert Party shite and the saga with McInnes are probably the main criticisms of them from this year, with the concert party saga being particularly hard to ignore from a PR point of view.

If they can cut out the shite like this and continue to provide the football side of things with the funds they need, then they will start to win some people over.

They board have been disappointing so far, but it is not as bleak as some make out. They have the potential to get us firmly back on track.  

58 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

When they have our revenue income up to the standard of the scum then they will get all the praise from me. 

They will get there, it’s not an overnight process mate. Just cast your mind back to the rat era - I can’t even bring myself to type their names. Look at us now, we are absolutely on the journey back to where we belong, getting closer all the time. 

2 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

They will get there, it’s not an overnight process mate. Just cast your mind back to the rat era - I can’t even bring myself to type their names. Look at us now, we are absolutely on the journey back to where we belong, getting closer all the time. 

The shirt deal that must be due to be announced will go a long way in showing if they can get the job done. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Quote the specific part where I said the club was being run on ST money only. 

Christ your hard work 

Managers backed by - Season Ticket money

Club would be in some nick if it wasn't for - Season Ticket money 

No mention of any other income 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The shirt deal that must be due to be announced will go a long way in showing if they can get the job done. 

Agree, and there are still many challenges and opportunities, but they seem to be capable of doing the best for Rangers FC e.g ripping up the Sports Direct contract, bringing in new investment (WIP), a DOF, securing shareholder loans to fund signings without having to off load first etc. 

They are not without criticism but what board at any club are? I think we are too quick in forgetting who was in charge before they came in. Would anybody really prefer the Easdales to be in charge at the moment? I also think they are currently under intense scrutiny from the media with the slightest error exaggerated. Yes they are by no means perfect but unless there is a viable alternative that could enhance us we should back them. I also feel people like Douglas Park don’t get enough credit. He has always put his money in when needed and looked for nothing in return.