Murty

duffy2391

He seems to be a bit of Robin Hood in this league. But following this transfer window and the blueprint of player that has been brought in, If we maintain continuity and stop dropping liberty points - Has anyone had a change of opinion regarding a full time appointment of him? It’s a big IF, i know, and although this result did bring the question about for me, it hasn’t changed my own opinion. 

I think Murty knows the game, has an idea of what’s required to win a match in this league and seems to work well with his men but ultimately I still feel he is too nice to have the novelty of his current post removed and be left with the job full time.

Anyone care to weigh in?

Listen, the reality is we could be calling for his head next week. Delighted for him tonight but i was less worried about tonights game than playing the likes of Hamiltom Accies. We need to kick on now and show consistancy where we have failed after big results before.

I've been impressed with him. He clearly brings out a lot more in the players than Warburton or Pedro ever could. 

But lets finish the season and see where we are before getting ahead of ourselves. Twice bitten, thrice shy and all that. 

But I'm glad it's him in our dugout and not that clown who had his head in his hands tonight 

:mutley:

20180124_220044.png

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We have lost 12 points to the lesser likes, games which would normally yield 9 points minimum, the reality is we would not be far of the tims, yip it's all its and buts but his points tally against hibs,hearts, celtic & the sheep is very promising 

The reality is the team he took over didn't manage to win 3 games in a row under the previous manager and on top of that he's also had to contend with a spate of injuries to key players.

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We have lost 12 points to the lesser likes, games which would normally yield 9 points minimum, the reality is we would not be far of the tims, yip it's all its and buts but his points tally against hibs,hearts, celtic & the sheep is very promising 

Aye, like i say - he’s been a Robin Hood. Just as we near the end of the window, I can only imagine he will have the final say and by the looks of it he has a good idea of the type of player we could be doing with. With that in mind - if, and it’s a big if, he could achieve a decent level of consistency against the smaller sides then ultimately i can’t see what else we’d be looking for in a manager on paper. I still  need convincing on his character but even as time passes he seems to command more respect in press conferences so my mind may well change if results stay positive. At the moment though, he’s still not the long term solution.

So far he’s got better results against the top teams than the bottom ones. Surely it will be easier to fix that than if it was the other way round. 

If he can get the players to approach games against the bottom teams with the same intensity and concentration as they have shown against the tarriers and the sheep etc, the results should come.

Knee jerk reaction. He is what he is. A caretaker handed the job by a board who don't know what they are doing. for every result like tonight there is a defeat to a Hamilton type.  He need to win a string of 10-15 games on the bounce, he needs to beat celtic and he needs to win a trophy, basically stop another celtic treble. He's manager of Rangers FC. There is no place for sentiment. 

17 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

What do you think of that mate? Genuine question.

Heard a wee something tonight from someone I trust implicitly. He spoke to someone at the club who would know and it was unambiguous.

Edit.

I think if results and performances warrant it then he should be considered though I'd also hope there was better, more experienced being approached even now 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Heard a wee something tonight from someone I trust implicitly. He spoke to someone at the club who would know and it was unambiguous.

Edit.

I think if results and performances warrant it then he should be considered though I'd also hope there was better, more experienced being approached even now 

Aye fair point mate