*** The Official Ayr United v Rangers Thread ***

Funnily enough the same day Ayr found out we were playing them Brian Gilmour (who plays for/used to play for Ayr and is also a part-time coach at our academy) mutually terminated his contract with Ayr.

Wondering if that was possibly due to a conflict of interest?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Funnily enough the same day Ayr found out we were playing them Brian Gilmour (who plays for/used to play for Ayr and is also a part-time coach at our academy) mutually terminated his contract with Ayr.

Wondering if that was possibly due to a conflict of interest?

Doubt it - does the mighty Ayr really think we will be relying on him for inside info in order to beat them? 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Doubt it - does the mighty Ayr really think we will be relying on him for inside info in order to beat them? 

Would have been an awkward situation for him though, he'd be playing against a club that he currently works for.

Apparently the Ayr manager said that the reason they released him was because he "has a job at Murray Park which naturally takes up the majority of his time and he couldn’t get in to train as much as I would have liked."

Good timing, mind.

17 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Why do you think we need 5 across the middle V Ayr?

We don't, but we have John unwell, Cardoso needs game time, Candeias gets a rest and we see two upfront, plus two wingers while staying solid.  That's my logic. 

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Harsh on Candeias I think. 

Murphys done nothing to merit a start ahead of him. 

Like the idea of getting 2 upfront though. 

The new players all need games for integration and match sharpness. Candeias has worked his arse off, would be good to rest him. 

18 hours ago, Gustav said:

He gives me the absolute fear with the ball at his feet so would be keeping Foderingham for this one.

I know it's nice for the sub goalie to get a cup run but you're just gamblin for no reason by doing it. Has to be Fod. Winning the cup this year should be as important as challenging in the league. 

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Wes

Tav Bates Martin Halliday

Docherty Goss

Candeias Cummings Murphy

Morelos

I'd go for that as well. Maybe even drop Murphy for windass though despite what he done the other night. For me Murphy has been a disappointment so far 

4 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Murphy was much more threatening when Halliday was left back because he never went forward and Murphy didnt have to worry about tucking in with someone overlapping him.

I'd like to see Murphy given a spell on the right to cut in on to his left. Against hibs a good few times he came inside but was coming in onto his weaker foot.

36 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

I'd go for that as well. Maybe even drop Murphy for windass though despite what he done the other night. For me Murphy has been a disappointment so far 

I quite like Murphy, I thought Murphy was one of our better players against Hibs and thought he did ok the other night. 

Feel like he just needs a goal and will really kick on.

41 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Murphy was much more threatening when Halliday was left back because he never went forward and Murphy didnt have to worry about tucking in with someone overlapping him.

Good point, Murphy should be concentrating on forward play,especially against the lesser teams

Archived