I've quit watching most football

The Gers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only interested in watching Rangers and while I do watch the odd EPL and cl games I'm not that bothered. Truth be told I'm thoroughly disillusioned with football with the way it's so money driven and corruption thrives. If it wasn't for Rangers I'd have no real interest.

I like rugby and that gives me an escape from football. In some ways it's a better game and with Glasgow warriors having a decent team and Scotland doing ok it's enjoyable enough. 

I'll watch Match of the Day and Sportscene, though may FF the boring matches. I have BT Sport but not Sky so still watch quite a few CL matches live. Europa League I may watch highlights no more. Big games like cup finals I will watch.

Aside from Rangers I mainly watch rugby. Very rarely watch a whole 90 minutes of football that's not us.

Rugby walks all over football for player commitment and effort. To become wealthy through rugby you've got to be at the top, or very near the top. That creates a level of competition you just don't see in football any more. 

7 minutes ago, gsa said:

Aside from Rangers I mainly watch rugby. Very rarely watch a whole 90 minutes of football that's not us.

Rugby walks all over football for player commitment and effort. To become wealthy through rugby you've got to be at the top, or very near the top. That creates a level of competition you just don't see in football any more. 

I like the respect shown to referees and the lack of diving, histrionics etc that you see in football. 

Football has

2 hours ago, gsa said:

Football has became very crass, tacky, tabloid, etc.

Players driving about in £100k cars with custom paint jobs, tattoos, £500 hair cuts, etc. It's new money, without much class, the sporting equivelant of a scheme rat getting lucky with a scratch card. Honestly, this Daily Star style image of football is what has turned me off largely.

Rugby still carries a degree of class with it's players, barring the odd exception. You're as likely to hear about Rugby players dating royalty, as you are a footballers spit roasting some orange faced, sell a story, tramp.

On 12/02/2018 at 20:32, Courtyard Bear said:

Same here mate. 

I watch us and Liverpool and that’s it. 

Is that you Dave?  :matron:

I'm the same I have sky sports and I am only interested in the bears as I can't be arsed with it all, I honestly think money is ruining the game. 

Just now, Copland bear said:

Is that you Dave?  :matron:

I'm the same I have sky sports and I am only interested in the bears as I can't be arsed with it all, I honestly think money is ruining the game. 

Blew my cover after all these years mate. ??

Watched the CL highlights on YouTube this morning and even that was too long a watch. 

On 20/02/2018 at 22:16, Badger said:

Football has

Players driving about in £100k cars with custom paint jobs, tattoos, £500 hair cuts, etc. It's new money, without much class, the sporting equivelant of a scheme rat getting lucky with a scratch card. Honestly, this Daily Star style image of football is what has turned me off largely.

Rugby still carries a degree of class with it's players, barring the odd exception. You're as likely to hear about Rugby players dating royalty, as you are a footballers spit roasting some orange faced, sell a story, tramp.

Agree with every word but this part  genuinely made me lol.......sums up modern society/social media age.....people famous for being/wanting to be famous.

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:16, Badger said:

Football has

Rugby (union not league) has worked very hard to create that image and resembles smeltic in that respect. they get a way with loads and explain it by "just high spirits, old boy". I'm not keen on what modern football has become either but rugby union carries far too much unpleasant baggage for me ever to give them a free pass.

Heading that way myself. Watch Rangers and a bit of English Premiership but even losing interest in the Champions League - it’s getting too predictable.

Watch next to no Scottish football ( unless it involves us of course) as I couldn’t give a shit about it - I would love to see us leave Scottish football but we are probably stuck with it.

As for that international shite ! Waste of time