Windass Again

Lord Lockin

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Siwel said:

No one jumped on him really for his first couple of misses but that last one was so awful because he had so much time and put it so far wide ffs. Did almost make up for it with that free kick though.

I think he’s done that before when the keeper goes to ground and really he should take it round him and then finish as he’s fast enough and agile enough to do that. I think if he’d scored not many would be criticising him.

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think he’s done that before when the keeper goes to ground and really he should take it round him and then finish as he’s fast enough and agile enough to do that. I think if he’d scored not many would be criticising him.

I don’t think he had that bad a game outwith the misses and the shitebaggery

Windass provokes strong opinions. Has clearly improved in recent months and is now playing a position that suits hm better than wide left.

His main strengths are: (1) anticipating/running onto a ball and (2) shooting. When he's doing those things well he seems vital to the team. But when these aren't clicking he's a frustrating passenger. His passing can be erratic and if things aren't going his way he drops out of game completely. He does not seem to have a great work rate to compensate on the bad days.

The strange thing is the way he seems to struggle more in home games. I wonder if (behind all the shooshing the crowd BS) he is actually lacking confidence and really feels the weight of the shirt at Ibrox.

I'm hoping yesterday was a blip, his performances have been on the up.

Can't warm to the guy at all. Just don't feel he's in the trenches with his team-mates. I get the feeling all that matters to Josh is how Josh does and is perceived.

He's like one of those wide, mouthy cunts who shows off to the birds and gets you into a scrap on a Friday night but is nowhere to be seen when it all kicks off. All mouth, no balls.

7 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Doesn't have the mentality to do it at Ibrox and doesn't have the technical ability to open up a packed defence which is what we get when we play there

Does well when he has room in away game but is always brutal at Ibrox

Pretty fair summary, he did play a magnificent pass yesterday but it's few and far between.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He is simply not of the quality we need. He could fuck off amytime and he wouldn't be missed.

He's that good, I can't help noticing all those bids coming in. 

Keeping a much better player out from starting imo.

This club is way far too big for this shrinking violet.

14 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

So was siwel, he is only 12.

and no drinking yet - slow starter 

Bears are perfectly within their rights to point out if someones had a shiter, which he did yesterday.
However, imo, I'm just glad he's turned it around from being 1 good game in 4, into 1 bad game in 4.
Long may that continue, I could live with that.

Consistently struggles at home, yet performs so well away from.

I even think Josh understands we can't keep cheering his misses. 

Credit to him to demand that FK near the end and I hope that due to his arrogance he can bypass the issues he has at Ibrox.

Hopefully he proves himself wrong more than us.

36 minutes ago, sairheid_bear said:

Windass provokes strong opinions. Has clearly improved in recent months and is now playing a position that suits hm better than wide left.

His main strengths are: (1) anticipating/running onto a ball and (2) shooting. When he's doing those things well he seems vital to the team. But when these aren't clicking he's a frustrating passenger. His passing can be erratic and if things aren't going his way he drops out of game completely. He does not seem to have a great work rate to compensate on the bad days.

The strange thing is the way he seems to struggle more in home games. I wonder if (behind all the shooshing the crowd BS) he is actually lacking confidence and really feels the weight of the shirt at Ibrox.

I'm hoping yesterday was a blip, his performances have been on the up.

Another blip you mean.

He couldn't pass a decent shite and has the composure of a hyena on marching powder. A bit harsh,  but fuck it. Fed up with the gushing over someone so talentless. 

Then compare that to the composure and skills to likes of Goss and Murphy. Then wee Morelos and Candias battling through every game. Tav runnng his butt off up and down the right wing to good effect, putting in quality balls and netting a few. Tav nor Candias aren't the most gifted, but they turn up with what they have got and that I can have all day long and not some petulant talentless wannabe, who would drop us at the first sign of a half decent offer

Limited abilty all round including his mentality. I can credit him for the goals he has scored, but he is not it and never will be.

He is a luxury that lends us to inconsistency, as he cannot be depended upon to turn up.

On the plus side we now have players scoring from all over the park.

3 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

if he hadnt done his daft shoosh gesture he probably woudlnt be taking as much stick 

hate when players do that, its disrespectful to the fans, he wasnt playing to the best of his ability before and deservedly took some abuse from fans, he has no right to tell the fans to shoosh, hes been playing well but didnt have a great game yesterday and is open to criticism and rightully so

theyre professional footballers, if they cant handle some stick from fans they can feel free to fuck off, not that thats the case with Windass but some fans, myself included, feel he has a way to go before getting adoration from us due to how pish he was previously, i dont think he has the best attitude as a footballer 

He really needs to grow up and not take everything so personally, the thing is two or three years down the line I think he'll have matured and brought consistency to his game, the trouble is we need him performing consistently right now.