Murty wants permanent goss move this summer

GRAEME MURTY insists he hasn’t given up on signing Sean Goss long-term — even though QPR have issued a ‘hands-off’ warning.

Midfield ace Goss has been a big hit at Rangers since his loan move from the Championship outfit last month.

Goss, 22, starred as Gers dumped Hearts 2-0 last weekend, and he will be a key man against St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park tonight.

Boss Murty said: “Sean Goss is one of a number of players we are looking to bring in on a permanent deal.

“The evolution of the squad never stops, and we are always assessing people as to where they would fit in to what we do.

“Goss has made a really good start, and has shown he understands how we want to play and the demands of playing for Rangers at Ibrox. He looks quite comfortable doing that.

“He kind of goes under the radar a bit because at the moment the players getting the headlines are the likes of Jamie Murphy, Alfredo Morelos, Josh Windass and Daniel Candeias.

“They are the guys who are maybe the flashier players, but Goss brings stability to the side. He has a lovely range of passing, and he’s always willing to take the ball.

think Sean’s added a control to our play that we’ve needed.

“I’m really pleased with his contribution so far, although I still think there’s more to come from him.

“QPR have said: ‘You’re not having him, keep your hands off’. But football situations like that tend to be quite fluid.”

Rest of the article is about Scotland so left it out. 

Good to see he's being looked it for the summer. It will take pena money possibly even more to make it happen though imo. Yes a very good player and he has a bit of dig about him. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We’d be mad not to try and sign him if we can afford him. I’ve been saying it for years but we haven’t had anyone to help us control games for long periods and we were constantly guilty of trying to force the play and ultimately give the ball away time and again. We now have the ability to dominate games in the midfield even if we aren’t creating chance after chance and it’s mainly down to Goss and his ball retention. 

24 minutes ago, pcbear said:

QPR got him for 600k, if Mark Allen had been in a bit earlier that could have been us, i bet he knew about him.

Your really having a pop at Allen for not signing Goss earlier. 

Edit. Read it again mate, picked you up wrong apologies. ??

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Would we be willing to lose Morelos if it financed a deal for Goss and the other loan signings plus another couple of decent players? This could be the dilemma come the summer.

If a similar deal to the Chinese one came in from an EPL club I think he'd be away. That's his target, one I think he'd push for more than he did last month, and one that would probably make sense for us to accept once we've squeezed as much out of it as possible.

Such an offer coming in really wouldn't surprise me. Plenty MA could do with a good budget too I'm sure.

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If a similar deal to the Chinese one came in from an EPL club I think he'd be away. That's his target, one I think he'd push for more than he did last month, and one that would probably make sense for us to accept once we've squeezed as much out of it as possible.

Such an offer coming in really wouldn't surprise me. Plenty MA could do with a good budget too I'm sure.

Have to agree, if we could get players of the calibre of Goss in with the proceeds then we are on a winner.

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

They're looking at a £40 million fine for breaching the leagues FFP regulations, so might not be in a position to turn down an offer.

Could turn that round and say they wont have the money to bring players in so would want to keep him.

"QPR have said: ‘You’re not having him, keep your hands off’. But football situations like that tend to be quite fluid."

Sounds like they've definitively told us no.  I'm sure there's no harm in asking but if they've no intention to sell there's very little we can do about it.  

We've been crying out for a midfielder who can put their foot on the ball and dictate play. Goss gives you that, sign of a good player is one who always looks to be in space and Goss does that too.

Only way it happens is if he goes down there and demands the move. I think he's played more games for us in 6 weeks than he did for QPR in a year. 

21 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

"QPR have said: ‘You’re not having him, keep your hands off’. But football situations like that tend to be quite fluid."

Sounds like they've definitively told us no.  I'm sure there's no harm in asking but if they've no intention to sell there's very little we can do about it.  

Perhaps, although they could be taking a tough line to get as much money as possible.