The Road to Manchester Revisited

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final was a bit of an anti-climax for me, watching at 0600 hrs in Australia. I think we should have gone at them, I would rather we lost going for glory than trying to sneak one on the break or hanging out for et and penalties. 

In saying that, it was a great run, the players were all pulling for each other and Walter was certainly getting the best out of them. 

I cried when Nachos penalty went in in Florence and I cried before kick off in Manchester because the fact we were there was enough for this old exiled Bear. 

Was in tech drawing in the morning of the final, one of the school office workers then said I was getting picked up at half 10 and the roof nearly came off the school. Was an amazing experience seeing all the cars with scarves and flags hanging out the windows, then seeing an invasion of bears in Manchester topped it off.

On 3/3/2018 at 17:29, MK Dumfries said:

Terrible day, we lost, we didn't go for it like we should of. Its a bit taigy to look back on failure with such nostalgia. Novo should of scored, Hemdani should of passed it forwards at least once, Smith got his tactics wrong. FFS thanks for opening up old wounds O.P:angrywillie:

This..:anger:...great journey, great build up, but as soon as I saw Walter had picked Hemdani I knew we weren't gonna give it a real go, as we had in the run in... then all the  media shite about so-called Bears rioting - none of which had a Rangers top on (and every Bear did)...