Souness - Rangers win would be good for Scottish football

4 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I think something could happen in our lifetime. I don’t know what but there are so many giant clubs that are simply ebbing away because of their much reduced financial status. Us, Ajax, Brondby, Malmo, PSV,  Feyenoord, Brugge, Anderlecht etc it’s frightening how a club like Burnley would now be considered a bigger club than us. Makes me fucking despair! I’d take us starting at any level in England as well to make it happen. 

Dont mention Brøndby without mentioning FC København ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

There's no denying Scottish football has its problems but for me the SPL has improved recently and it's not only down to the current form of Rangers, the likes of Kilmarnock and Hibs have being playing decent stuff and though the quality may be missing some of the games have proved to be decent contests. Outside our games recent games involving Hearts and Kilmarnock v the beggars were most enjoyable and the Kilmarnock v Hibs game a few weeks ago was entertaining.

In contrast the EPL is on another planet financially but I'm increasingly finding many of the games to be pretty boring, especially games involving the bigger clubs such as Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal. 

Can't agree or not. Don't watch any games other than ours.

1 hour ago, CoopsLaud said:

A crunching souness style tackle on broonaldo in the first minute would be ideal. Doc or Holt maybe?

As much as he’s a mongo and I want him to feel pain, I’d rather our midfield play him off the park to the point that he’s running around frothing at the mouth with frustration. 

1 minute ago, roboscot said:

As much as he’s a mongo and I want him to feel pain, I’d rather our midfield play him off the park to the point that he’s running around frothing at the mouth with frustration. 

Huffing round the pitch blowin oot his arse getting pelters from every cunt till he blows the lid then scores an og from a corner from sheer frustration all welled up and bottom lip flappin.

2 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Huffing round the pitch blowin oot his arse getting pelters from every cunt till he blows the lid then scores an og from a corner from sheer frustration all welled up and bottom lip flappin.

Exactly!

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Very true although we owe the rest of Scottish football nothing ... Juventus don't know how lucky they are to be in a country where it's not a national pass time to kick the big man when he's down 

Juventus got shat on by an Inter loving investigation team. 

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I agree with Souness, A win would state we are back challenging celtic again. If that happens then the SFA can renegotiating the terms with the tv company and allow Rangers to have a better slice. I think we will win, the team as been a lot stronger with Murty and Jimmy Nicholl at the helm.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree with Souness, A win would state we are back challenging celtic again. If that happens then the SFA can renegotiating the terms with the tv company and allow Rangers to have a better slice. I think we will win, the team as been a lot stronger with Murty and Jimmy Nicholl at the helm.

What?

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Our tv money was reduced, if we are back challenging celtic then it's only right that the rates increase. A win would state we back.

What money do we get?

I don’t think one win would change anything like that anyway

17 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Our tv money was reduced, if we are back challenging celtic then it's only right that the rates increase. A win would state we back.

the fuck

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What money do we get?

I don’t think one win would change anything like that anyway

We get very little tv money it was reduced when we went down the leagues, celtic gets the lions share. I believe one win would change that as celtic have been unchallenged. I do think we can win this and start to get increased revenue from this source.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

We get very little tv money it was reduced when we went down the leagues, celtic gets the lions share. I believe one win would change that as celtic have been unchallenged. I do think we can win this and start to get increased revenue from this source.

:lol: 

I’ve no idea what you’re on about 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That’s a tv deal that doesn’t even fucking exist and is mentioning the 2020/21 season :lol:

It also says the league winners would recieve more money than the rest of the league which happens literally fucking everywhere in the world :lol: 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s a tv deal that doesn’t even fucking exist and is mentioning the 2020/21 season :lol:

It also says the league winners would recieve more money than the rest of the league which happens literally fucking everywhere in the world :lol: 

There was a clause inserted into the broadcast agreement to cover showing Rangers games. If we are back challenging them then that contract needs ripped up and renegotiated 

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13281240.BT_Sport_in___250k_Rangers_payment/

2016/17 is £21.1m, £20m of which comes from broadcast deals.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13281240.BT_Sport_in___250k_Rangers_payment/