Bruno Alves

Bighouse

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Alves is a special case, he's got so much fear that he'll miss the World Cup through injury that he's turned into a shitebag.

Which, in turn, will make his fear come true because he’s not demonstrating any sort of form.

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Why not?

Bags of opportunities - corners, free kicks, etc?

He’s not nailed to the 18 yard line you know - even if it does look like it most of the time.

Sounds like you’re trying to make excuses.

Try harder.....

So you think out centre back should be 20 yards out of position to nail an opposition midfielder??

What are our midfielders doing at this point?

So you understand football? Give me genuine examples of goals Alves has cost us?

2 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

What's his wages got to do with anything? How would I know how much he earns 

He's probably the top earner in the squad and producing fuck all, of course he should be made a scapegoat, what else does it take FFS. 

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

So you think out centre back should be 20 yards out of position to nail an opposition midfielder??

So you understand football? Give me genuine examples of goals Alves has cost us?

Em!!! The one today ... em!!! Another two last week.

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

He's probably the top earner in the squad and producing fuck all, of course he should be made a scapegoat, what else does it take FFS. 

Probably?? Thanks for your insight.'

And if you know how money and jobs work then you'd understand why he might.

Someone in any career  or profession who has a good cv and years of experience can clearly demand a good salary compared to other people in the company.

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Today when he let Broadfoot beat him in the build up.

4 hours ago, RowX said:

Well it's all about opinions... Martin has not impressed me at all and for me Mccrorie and Aiden Wilson are both better than Bates ( and Danny Wilson too but clearly irrelevant now) 

Tavernier is a decent player but there is no leadership there. 

So... guess I'm getting banned in your opinion. 

Have you seen a lot of Aiden Wilson then?

6 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

And do you actually watch what happens?

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Probably?? Thanks for your insight.'

And if you know how money and jobs work then you'd understand why he might.

Someone in any career  or profession who has a good cv and years of experience can clearly demand a good salary compared to other people in the company.

Who the fuck cares about previous, we're talking about present, he's supposed to be the best qualified CH in the country and has produced fuck all, he's supposed to be a top  international CH. and as far as I'm concerned should only be 3rd choice CH Iin our squad and is now 2nd only because Bates is sidelined, and you are honestly asking why he is being called a scapegoat, FFS mate open your eyes.

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

We lost the goal cos Martin or John didn't pick Boyd up

BA stood and watched while Broadfoot nodded it down to set up Mulumbu!

A yard away & did nothing.

A more spiritely player would have made amends by trying to close Mulumbu down - again, he just stood & watched.

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

Who the fuck cares about previous, we're talking about present, he's supposed to be the best qualified CH in the country and has produced fuck all, he's supposed to be a top  international CH. and as far as I'm concerned should only be 3rd choice CH Iin our squad and is now 2nd only because Bates is sidelined, and you are honestly asking why he is being called a scapegoat, FFS mate open your eyes.

His initials aren’t BA for nothing....

13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Alves is a special case, he's got so much fear that he'll miss the World Cup through injury that he's turned into a shitebag.

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Just watched the goal back on SSN.

BA just let it all happen around him, from Broadfoot’s knockdown to failing to react to Mulumbu’s bobbly shot.

Going through the motions.

It's obvious his performance levels don't matter when it comes to being picked for Portugal, all the more depressing that we get to be the soft touch who pay for the 'privilege'. He's not the only culprit, but given his achievements, it's sad that he doesn't appear to feel any anger or loss of pride at losing so easily now.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Today when he let Broadfoot beat him in the build up.

He also needlessly gave away the original free kick with some fuckin rank schoolboy wrestling , right in front of the referee . For someone with his cv , it's alarming how often he's been exposed by the cream of europes strikers this season , Simon Murray , Ryan Bowman etc .  

Just now, Hilly86 said:

It's obvious his performance levels don't matter when it comes to being picked for Portugal, all the more depressing that we get to be the soft touch who pay for the 'privilege'. He's not the only culprit, but given his achievements, it's sad that he doesn't appear to feel any anger or loss of pride at losing so easily now.

Shows in everything - the unpressured headers into touch, same with clearances.

Just seen the chance Brophy screwed just wide after a good left wing move.

Bruno was so far out of position, he may as well have been sat with me!

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

As I said he's been fine and his criticism is way over the top.

I was talking about his wages in concern to his 'previous ' which is why he is in a position to command a higher wage and if you don't understand that then you are clueless.

1 minute ago, Fred H Crawford said:

He also needlessly gave away the original free kick with some fuckin rank schoolboy wrestling , right in front of the referee . For someone with his cv , it's alarming how often he's been exposed by the cream of europes strikers this season , Simon Murray , Ryan Bowman etc .  

Spot on mate!

Forgot the wrestling!

2 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

And that's after allowing himself half of Ibrox to make up for being slow.

He's not alone, no worse than anyone else taking his place right now, but he's playing in Scotland. When old, fat Kris Boyd is making you look inept...

10 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Are you actually serious?? Alves cost us 2 goals against the tarriers. Please explain? 

And today how was it only his fault?

Yes I'm fuckin' serious, are you seriously saying that Alves wasn't complicit in the 2nd and 3rd goals last week, FFS he was seriously out of position for the 1st, Cardozso gets most of the blame I agree but have a look at Alves's positioning as well, the second is just a total fuck up from all concerned and Alves does not escape criticism in that one either as far as I'm concerned

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

Yes I'm fuckin' serious, are you seriously saying that Alves wasn't complicit in the 2nd and 3rd goals last week, FFS he was seriously out of position for the 1st, Cardozso gets most of the blame I agree but have a look at Alves's positioning as well, the second is just a total fuck up from all concerned and Alves does not escape criticism in that one either as far as I'm concerned

Yeah was a long ball over the top for the second and if anyone was to blame then Cardoso for not being tight enough and Foderinghrn for rushing off his line unnecessarily.

Not saying Alves covered himself in glory but the way he seems to have a thread after every defeat is unjustified. Not like he was a million times worse than every other player on the park.