Withholding ST Money

thebooler

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

The Sfa stopped him from increasing his shareholding above 9%.

I will leave this at disaffected parties, who made representations to anyone and everyone.

Glad we agree the multi ownership is a red herring.

Just now, backup said:

I will leave this at disaffected parties, who made representations to anyone and everyone.

Glad we agree the multi ownership is a red herring.

You just being a bit daft here Ashley would have been as much of a cunt as the cunts we have in now we attract cunts looking for a free meal.  

The support will always be the ones who pay.

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

You just being a bit daft here Ashley would have been as much of a cunt as the cunts we have in now we attract cunts looking for a free meal.  

No, simply stating the facts of the matter.

41 minutes ago, Smile said:

The support do pay. You wanting a free ride too?

In the Murray years I give you around 100 million reasons of what we didn't pay and other investors did!

How good Ashley would have been is purely a matter of conjecture and in this backwater we would have been sweetie money to him to get us to the top, where he would have needed us to be for his own marketing purposes.

Are you one of these types, that if king puts us to the wall and say he was still better for us than Ashley?

51 minutes ago, Smile said:

Ashley as you say would be no different to other rich investors, they don’t do it for nothing and they certainly won’t write if money , At Newcastle they reckon Ashley has taken -100’s of millions out the club while giving it high interest loans .

, nothing wrong with that if he is putting a squad to get her to win things rather than using it as a meat market if bringing in many players in hope of finding a gem to punt.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

In the Murray years I give you around 100 million reasons of what we didn't pay and other investors did!

How good Ashley would have been is purely a matter of conjecture and in this backwater we would have been sweetie money to him to get us to the top, where he would have needed us to be for his own marketing purposes.

Are you one of these types, that if king puts us to the wall and say he was still better for us than Ashley?

A free ride how do you work that out?

Ashley would have been no better than the current incumbents.

8 hours ago, piperpete said:

Ashley as you say would be no different to other rich investors, they don’t do it for nothing and they certainly won’t write if money , At Newcastle they reckon Ashley has taken -100’s of millions out the club while giving it high interest loans .

, nothing wrong with that if he is putting a squad to get her to win things rather than using it as a meat market if bringing in many players in hope of finding a gem to punt.

8 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

At N’castle Ashley is effectively lending himself money,, he does own the club.

The Rangers is a business, very few businessmen are in any business not to run it as a business and maximise returns, far to many think we are exempt from the harsh reality of the business world.

There is a culture of entitlement amongst some fans, mainly on the internet.

This comes up every so often. It makes no sense (in my opinion) to starve the club of money. No ordinary fan out there can possibly know better than the people running the club what the best way forward is re: the Manager. We don't know enough to start campaigns to damage the club we love.

13 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

This comes up every so often. It makes no sense (in my opinion) to starve the club of money. No ordinary fan out there can possibly know better than the people running the club what the best way forward is re: the Manager. We don't know enough to start campaigns to damage the club we love.

Good points, but it's not the quality of manager that's the problem IMO. It's the quality we can or can't afford.

1 hour ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

That campaign started long ago, King and his paid hands and errand boys just the latest version.

How do you kill the cancer without killing the patient?

What we do know if you do not intervene, the patient will live a bit longer but they inevitably will die.

From the accounts, to the Close loan, to COS/TAB, the cancer is spreading, with no signs of abating.

ST sales will be the sticking plaster, not the cure and the sticking plaster this time around much thinner, due to the greater liabilities that need servicing, so the wound will seep and spread even quicker.

I did previously state that we were locked into a cycle of diminshing returns, not that anyone would notice, but it is the duty of the board to break us out of that cycle, of which they are clearly incapable of doing so for whatever reason. Maybe they themselves have had enough and are trying themselves to hasten an exit strategy, whatever that turns out to, but again what we do know is that ST money alone does not keep the lights on, so unless there is significant investment (and king cannot fund any gaps due to his problem with COS/TAB) or radical cut backs. Without either, the cancer will kill the patient.

So, what say the chances of the patient?! What actions/interventions needed for it to survive?

We get a serious injection of cash, or we radically cut back our overhead in players/staff to live within our means, problem solved. Ignore it, the patient has little chance of survival.

All this talk of a new manager and players is commendable, but it will all be so pointless if we do not find a solution to our financial woes.

If no significant cash injection is forthcoming, would we accept cut backs, putting us further behind our greatest rival, or would we indeed be compelled to take action to remove this board? 

The scenarios moving forward could be many, but what we do know, the status quo is a road to nowhere. Change is an imperative.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

That campaign started long ago, King and his paid hands and errand boys just the latest version.

How do you kill the cancer without killing the patient?

What we do know if you do not intervene, the patient will live a bit longer but they inevitably will die.

From the accounts, to the Close loan, to COS/TAB, the cancer is spreading, with no signs of abating.

ST sales will be the sticking plaster, not the cure and the sticking plaster this time around much thinner, due to the greater liabilities that need servicing, so the wound will seep and spread even quicker.

I did previously state that we were locked into a cycle of diminshing returns, not that anyone would notice, but it is the duty of the board to break us out of that cycle, of which they are clearly incapable of doing so for whatever reason. Maybe they themselves have had enough and are trying themselves to hasten an exit strategy, whatever that turns out to, but again what we do know is that ST money alone does not keep the lights on, so unless there is significant investment (and king cannot fund any gaps due to his problem with COS/TAB) or radical cut backs. Without either, the cancer will kill the patient.

So, what say the chances of the patient?! What actions/interventions needed for it to survive?

We get a serious injection of cash, or we radically cut back our overhead in players/staff to live within our means, problem solved. Ignore it, the patient has little chance of survival.

All this talk of a new manager and players is commendable, but it will all be so pointless if we do not find a solution to our financial woes.

If no significant cash injection is forthcoming, would we accept cut backs, putting us further behind our greatest rival, or would we indeed be compelled to take action to remove this board? 

The scenarios moving forward could be many, but what we do know, the status quo is a road to nowhere. Change is an imperative.

This is exactly how I feel, and why I'm desperately trying to think of ways to force the Board into transparency on where we're headed as a club.

King and this board appear to have no ideas as to how to get the Club back on a financially secure fitting. They have through bizarre managerial appointments managed to throw significant sums of Club money down the drain. The 2 things that are keeping the Club afloat are 1) Season ticket cash and 2) Soft loans. Unless some entity with enough cash to clear the Clubs debts arrived on the scene- if either the season ticket cash or the soft loans dry up, then we as a Club are in a potentially disastrous position. 

Therefore we as a support are in a no win position, we either risk killing the Club by withholding season ticket money or we risk watching a slow painful decline as described by BA. 

However I fear that withholding season ticket money could prove to deliver a certainty and is hardly going to encourage any serious business people to look at investing/ buying into Rangers as a positive deal.

14 minutes ago, thebooler said:

This is exactly how I feel, and why I'm desperately trying to think of ways to force the Board into transparency on where we're headed as a club.

The COS ruling puts us in the category of a club in crises because of our association with King and as we know the Close loan reflects that the board are strapped for cash and King can no longer fund any gaps, maintaining he's skint, which he needs to continue as his position if he wishes to secure leave to appeal to the Supreme Court, not that he's got a cat in hells chance of securing such leave.

In the meantime, money gets burned. Wages and suppliers to pay. ST money not yet rolling in and we are left in limbo as to King's intentions. 

The one thing a board must do in any crisis situatuation is keep stakeholders informed to maintain confidence in the continuity of the business, that bills will be paid and it will be business as usual or otherwise, but here we are, defeaned by the silence in response to that one key event in the COS ruling that could have a devastating effect on our business.

The silence is as unprofessional as it is totally irresponsible. Apart from a few deluded fans, pretending this will all go away, there is not one on this planet that would have any trust or confidence in us as a business. A further erosion of an already toxic brand.

This silence is a deep concern to me, as in my experience it reflects the behaviour of those going to the wall, or indeed, a very positive announcement to be made as in a takeover. You can then speculate on which it will be in our case, so let's hope it's the latter.

All of this was avoidable, but when you have charlatans at the helm, you takes your chances and pray to the almighty.

Our future is in their hands, but as the clock ticks for the COS ruling, it won't be too long before we know our fate.

I find the tenure of this board nothing less than toxic. They are a poisonous crew, shrouded in incompetence and skullduggery of Shakespearian proportions, that should never have been allowed anywhere near us, but for the paid hands and errand boys.

We as a fan base should be showing far more cocern in what is going on and what is not being said. I just fear there is bad news coming soon.

On 18/03/2018 at 16:27, backup said:

Ashley sought to purchase the controlling interest in the club, he was prevented from doing so by disaffected parties, it could all have been so different. 

Your not seriously suggesting Ashley had our interests at heart - surely?

18 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Your not seriously suggesting Ashley had our interests at heart - surely?

I take it you think £27 million of debt accrued by king is obviously him having our best interests at heart, not to mention dragging our name through the mud in courts. You will surely remember the one where he claimed a resounding victory over Ashley/SD, only for our accounts to expose £3 million king sized lies, :thumbup:

On 18/03/2018 at 13:26, thebooler said:

As ST renewal date approaches, why don't Club1872 demand the club advertise for a proper Manager, and let us know who applies?

If they don't - we don't renew our ST's, and go to Ibrox and pay game by game.

Transparency is required here by the Board, and Club1872, who haven't challenged the Board properly of late.

What a fantastic idea....exactly how companies operate. Why the fuck would Rangers consult you on the next manager. Fuck. Some on here are off their fucking heads.

2 hours ago, backup said:

I take it you think £27 million of debt accrued by king is obviously him having our best interests at heart, not to mention dragging our name through the mud in courts. You will surely remember the one where he claimed a resounding victory over Ashley/SD, only for our accounts to expose £3 million king sized lies, :thumbup:

Not saying King is necessarily the right play but come on Ashley?  I worked with a Newcastle fan who had shares and some of the stuff there was not better reading than King.  Barking up the wrong tree if you think Ashley was our saviour.  However it’s each to their own views mate I’m not criticising anyone for having an opinion.

16 hours ago, will2203 said:

What a fantastic idea....exactly how companies operate. Why the fuck would Rangers consult you on the next manager. Fuck. Some on here are off their fucking heads.

You obviously can't read, or you wouldn't have made such a fool of yourself with such a post.

16 hours ago, will2203 said:

They are needing to consult someone they have had one disaster after another appointing managers I think they are still to make our brand more toxic as they did before they got in with their band of blue pounders.

Yes let’s tell the whole world who were are talking to and what we are up to just because some fans feel transparency means they must be told about every decision, conversation the club has regarding any subject whatsoever like it’s on some kind of CNN newsticker.