Withholding ST Money

thebooler

1 hour ago, thebooler said:

As ST renewal date approaches, why don't Club1872 demand the club advertise for a proper Manager, and let us know who applies?

If they don't - we don't renew our ST's, and go to Ibrox and pay game by game.

Transparency is required here by the Board, and Club1872, who haven't challenged the Board properly of late.

This is a great idea. Yous all boycott season tickets. And i renew mine but with a transfer to a better seat.

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Baffled why anyone would think withholding our only real source of significant income would help us in any way.

Agreed I can’t see how that would work.  We certainly need change and investment but I’m not sure there is really anyone out there who’ll want to buy out King and the 3 bears.  Certainly there’s been no sign of that has there?  Off course some of the ITK posters may know more but it’s always saddened and surprised me that no one with good intentions has sought to buy Rangers. Has Scotland changed that much? 

29 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Agreed I can’t see how that would work.  We certainly need change and investment but I’m not sure there is really anyone out there who’ll want to buy out King and the 3 bears.  Certainly there’s been no sign of that has there?  Off course some of the ITK posters may know more but it’s always saddened and surprised me that no one with good intentions has sought to buy Rangers. Has Scotland changed that much? 

Good post.

1 hour ago, bob1873 said:

Ashley sought to purchase the controlling interest in the club, he was prevented from doing so by disaffected parties, it could all have been so different. 

2 hours ago, Goosetav said:

In what way could they react that would make us better off after missing out on just short of £20m income?

It's a ridiculous suggestion

Yeah, Dinky hasn't got all his money back yet, fuck sake give him a chance, he's skint just now so needs the cash.

2 hours ago, bob1873 said:

Maybe our brand is now toxic after being involved with so many people with less then impeccable character. There is nobody in their right mind who would invest with Dinky in charge, either that or Trump wants another laugh after he leaves the White House.

3 hours ago, thebooler said:

What happens at the end of the season?

Do we bring in another new manager and start over again, hoping to win the league within 2 years to stop 10IAR?

Or does Murty stay on?

Don't think it will matter bud with either option, we are where we are with custodians all fur coat and nae knickers buying from the second haun rail, until we can get some investment in (yup that auld chestnut) to buy quality players we are at a level that can only stay where it is without some new money! 

3 hours ago, backup said:

Ashley sought to purchase the controlling interest in the club, he was prevented from doing so by disaffected parties, it could all have been so different. 

Even if king put us under, the king rimmers in here would still say king was the best option. Hence why we are in the state we are.

Oh wait, it was Murty's fault!

4 hours ago, backup said:

He could not buy because he could not own(controlling interest) in two clubs he could only own a certain percentage. He's in the Past now anyway.

I can understand why @thebooler started this thread, it is out of utter exasperation and the feeling of not being able to see where we are going as a team and winning 55.

Having said that I thought it was wrong the last time when King tried to do it and I feel the same when Booler brings it up this time. 

I am not sure what it will take for the majority of fans to demand we get a manager and team able to challenge for 55, but that will have to happen before we get what we expect from our board and custodians of our Club.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

He could not buy because he could not own(controlling interest) in two clubs he could only own a certain percentage. He's in the Past now anyway.

That is a complete fallacy, there are numerous multi ownerships in europe and the UK.

Ashley being in the past does not change the fact that he was prevented from taking control by disaffected parties.

1 minute ago, backup said:

That is a complete fallacy, there are numerous multi ownerships in europe and the UK.

Ashley being in the past does not change the fact that he was prevented from taking control by disaffected parties.

The Sfa stopped him from increasing his shareholding above 9%.