We need a manager!

Del

Talk about stating the obvious, but as the title of the thread says, we need a manager!

We are all hurting right now and the result and lack of performance is raw at the minute, but not having an experienced manager is really hurting us in these big games.

I am not having a go at Murty here, he is simply not good enough, but he should never have been put in this position in the first place.

The players are getting it in the neck at the moment but there are examples, close to home, of a good manager turning things round despite having the same 'rubbish squad'.

Apart from 2 players, Dembele and Ntcham, the rest of their starting 11 were all part of the same team managed by Ronnie Delia...Kilmarnock had not won a match until October last year, when Steve Clarke was appointed, and they are now pushing for 4th, he has signed 4 senior players for a total cost of £0mm! 

Do we need new players, absolutely, but the most important thing of all is a manager and not someone that has been suggested like Frank De Boer, Sam Allerdyce, Roberto Martinez or Slavan Bilic(what goes through some peoples heads on here) I just dont think there are any obvious outstanding candidates, maybe Clarke? but I honestly cant see what he would want to Rangers at the minute!

I always try and be balanced and take the emotion out of it before i come on here - fuck me its getting harder by the day.

Anyway my tuppence worth.

Murty is a decent guy and well liked by the players if we believe what we are being fed - that worries me, having coached at a lower level and being a senior manager in a multi national it is impossible to keep everyone on side and happy, you just can't do it if you are doing your job right. Players should be angry by the decision of being dropped etc. So we either have a team or a manager who are too nice and don't have the bastard in them to work for Rangers.

The team yesterday was lost, our club is lost, they didn't have a structure that i could see and it seems that they were told to sit off and soak up pressure - Murty says differently, is he getting the message across clearly or is it that he doesn't know what he wants (that would seem to be the case).

We went in with a 433 i think (not sure) then 4231 why not start 4321 and pull our wingers in centrally to attack them through the channels and take out their full backs. Or are we playing a system to accomodate favourites.

Also looking at where Dorrans played, he is never a holding midfielder in his life, we should have went with Alves in with the Norwich dumpling and put McCrorie in front of the defence in a three with Docherty and Holt (or A N Other) and put Dorrans in the two with Windass/Murphy to support Morales.

We aren't good enough to set up to defend FFS so why do that, we know they are weak at the back but we sit all but one player behind the ball - frustrating and mind boggling. The average fan on here (when not angry and frothing) can see what is wrong yet we have a management team who can't or won't deal with it.

I think Murty is gone i hope that he learns that being a good guy in management is the wrong way to approach things, get the job done first and foremost then the players will respect you rather than like you. Steep learning curve for the guy i hope he learns from it.

As for the board, they have found/put money in but not enough, whoever appointed the last 3 managers wants to resign - Rangers are not a creche we are not a club that you can cut your teeth in, we are Rangers we need a steady assured hand at the helm, someone who knows the game but above all else is a bastard - hard but fair.

37 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

We've needed a manager since Warburton left, 14 months of nothing while they've racked up 4 trophies and soon to be 5

We've needed a manager since Walter Smith left back in 2011.  The amount of money we've spent on dud managers, coaches, and player assets since Walter left probably runs in to the tens of millions.