Scott Artfield

piperpete

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Of couse we would have ruined them. Look at all the players with potential or talent or promise that's came to us and who have we improved and who's went backwards? I can make you a list and open your eyes for you. When we had the chance to get these players last before they went down south, I'm sure the manager would have been McCoist and we've not exactly been blessed with great coaches and managers since him either.

Would have been pointless taking them. I'm happier getting them now provided their attitude is right and they have something to offer.

Walter Smith was manager when they were at their Scottish clubs, Smith would not have ruined them.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Walter Smith was manager when they were at their Scottish clubs, Smith would not have ruined them.

They both left Hamilton and Falkirk 2010 ... that was Smith's last season ... they would have signed perhaps 3 or 4 year deals and been landed with McCoist developing them - that's what I meant. Smith could have signed them, then what?Ā 

Just now, K.A.I said:

They both left Hamilton and Falkirk 2010 ... that was Smith's last season ... they would have signed perhaps 3 or 4 year deals and been landed with McCoist developing them - that's what I meant. Smith could have signed them, then what?Ā 

Who knows mate its guesswork, could have went all sorts of ways, I am pleasantly surprised we have signed Arfield even though he is not from the top shelf he is an excellent Ā player with a great attitude who I thought might have been out our reach.

The more good players the better, interesting times ahead.

26 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Who knows mate its guesswork, could have went all sorts of ways, I am pleasantly surprised we have signed Arfield even though he is not from the top shelf he is an excellent Ā player with a great attitude who I thought might have been out our reach.

The more good players the better, interesting times ahead.

If you asked me at any point during this season, or last, if we'd have a chance of signing Arfield I'd have laughed. Fantastic business.

Of course he's not a Pogba, Ramsey, Deli Ali or Kante but let's get real, for us it's a coup.

Someone that knows McArthur's cousin reckons he's coming back, which surprised me given what I'd been told but if we could get him too then our midfield for next season would really begin to take shape.Ā 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you asked me at any point during this season, or last, if we'd have a chance of signing Arfield I'd have laughed. Fantastic business.

Someone that knows McArthur's cousin reckons he's coming back, which surprised me given what I'd been told but if we could get him too then our midfield for next season would really begin to take shape.Ā 

Know someone that was talking to his granda I think it was today(thatā€™s when he text me) said it was looking unlikely unless Palace go down think heā€™s on decent money down there.Ā 

5 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Know someone that was talking to his granda I think it was today(thatā€™s when he text me) said it was looking unlikely unless Palace go down think heā€™s on decent money down there.Ā 

He's out of contract there mate, unless he's to be offered one if they stay up?

6 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Aye just the way that Tamatasauce was talking the other day I was hoping something changed past few months

15 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

He's out of contract there mate, unless he's to be offered one if they stay up?

A thought he was as well (thatā€™s what it says on google as well) the text I got said he had 2 years left so was confused. The text said no chance on mcarthur still 2 years left and unless they go down and release him because heā€™s on a big wage. The guy that told me has known his granda for years.Ā 

8 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

A thought he was as well (thatā€™s what it says on google as well) the text I got said he had 2 years left so was confused. The text said no chance on mcarthur still 2 years left and unless they go down and release him because heā€™s on a big wage. The guy that told me has known his granda for years.Ā 

Would love him here aswell, dont know if it's a goer or not but what an improvement him and arfield would be for us in the middle.Ā 

MA definitely deserves credit for this. Just because Arfield is a bluenose doesn't mean it was a guaranteed signing. He would have been wanted by many other clubs yet Allen has managed to cross the t's and dot the i's and persuade him to come.Ā Arfied is a better version of Dorrans of which we will see under a better manager. I'm happy with this.