***** The Official Ryder Cup 2018 Thread *****

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Really surprised Noren is not playing again Fourballs again. Surprised Hatton is playing again. Would probably have played Rose too unless he needed the rest.

Fleetwood and Molinari were the easiest decision you could make though........

When you see that Hatton and Casey were -8 better ball and lost I can see why he has played them again.

Noren was great this afternoon but clearly feels he is better in 4somes.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

When you see that Hatton and Casey were -8 better ball and lost I can see why he has played them again.

Noren was great this afternoon but clearly feels he is better in 4somes.

It was Hatton's debut so you have to give some leeway but Casey carried him for the most part. Hatton can also be pretty fiery and volatile. He is capable of going low, no doubt about it, but he's equally capable of having a meltdown. With Hatton he brings a higher risk. Casey and Noren however is a potentially great pairing. I hope Bjorn's right though. Noren has won on the course very recently and is better than just a foursome IMO. He is good enough to play on his own in a fourball and I think Europe would be better for it. Noren will be back for foursomes but I think Bjorn has taken a bit of a risk. Possibly in his thinking though is he knows he can't rely on Hatton for foursomes and doesn't want him going into the singles on the back of 1 game, 1 defeat.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It was Hatton's debut so you have to give some leeway but Casey carried him for the most part. Hatton can also be pretty fiery and volatile. He is capable of going low, no doubt about it, but he's equally capable of having a meltdown. With Hatton he brings a higher risk. Casey and Noren however is a potentially great pairing. I hope Bjorn's right though. Noren has won on the course very recently and is better than just a foursome IMO. He is good enough to play on his own in a fourball and I think Europe would be better for it. Noren will be back for foursomes but I think Bjorn has taken a bit of a risk. Possibly in his thinking though is he knows he can't rely on Hatton for foursomes and doesn't want him going into the singles on the back of 1 game, 1 defeat.

Agreed I think Noren is unlucky to miss out.

Hatton wasn’t bad today, at least he contributed unlike McIlroy Who was woeful this morning.