Will Gerrard be given the time?

Amac9

He has got to be given time, he is learning on the job but the signs are that his natural will to win should see him mature into a successful manager. As long as he is backed by the board in order to bring some better quality to the club then it bodes well for the future. No way we can keep going with the boom and bust mentality  of changing managers midseason and hope to progress at the same time.

The fans will give him time so long as there is a clear strategy and a progression in taking this team forward. Yes, some fans will be fickle, but most of us will give a degree of patience if we can buy into a way forward. I accept that realistically it is going to take longer than 1 season - so long as I feel we are moving on the right road I will give him time.

Only, arguably, Warburtons first 6mths in charge, have we had anything resembling that in the past 7yrs! And..... we seen how that dive bombed.

In McCoist and Caixinha we had 2 terrible managers, Warburton not a whole lot better..... then there is the caretakers. We have just had out Lou Macari/Liam Brady era, I just hope Gerrard doesn't turn out like their rookie Liverpool legend.

23 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If only - and yet here we are a team still transitioning and a manager who will still ( most likely) needs time, measured in seasons not weeks, but a couple of early bad results and weeks is all some fans will give him. 

C'mon, give over :lol: time doesn't heal all - it doesn't turn poor managers into title winning tactical sensations. 

On 06/08/2018 at 11:10, Amac9 said:

Need to get back to the ways under Walter Smith when we would beat the likes of Hamilton with a boring but safe 2-0 victory. No more needing 4 or 5 goals to win a game.

One of those today mate haha.