Will Gerrard be given the time?

Amac9

All depends if we have a better season , if it’s an improvement then yes we need to stop constantly changing every summer but if it’s another year of poor ibrox results and no wins against the taigs or a trophy then I could see the same happening to him as the rest.

49 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I'm wondering what will happen if SG is doing well and Klopp leaves Liverpool in two or three years.

Is Gerrard guaranteed the job if he's doing well up here or will Liverpool want him to show success with a bottom half EPL club first?

two to three years you say, then hopefully he can leave with two league titles, two Scottish cups and three league cups AND a whole lot of gratitude

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can you not post a picture of me with my permission please

Pair a fuckin Mongo's,not too dissmilar in looks to the inbred cunt that gave nacho a hard time 

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

You thought Ally was the man fuck sake 

I’ve always thought chopping and changing was flawed - always! I have always recognised that this would take years and that patience was required. Folk are starting to get that now. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I’ve always thought chopping and changing was flawed - always! I have always recognised that this would take years and that patience was required. Folk are starting to get that now. 

If there's managerial ability there in the 1st place. A point made to you on numerous occasions where time rather than evidence of ability was your motto in your uber support of managers who harmed us rather than helped us.

But this has been done to death.

Very good question.

Personally I think he's made a cracking start. 

I would say I'm more realistic than some and don't expect us to be the finished article right away and challenging celtic straight away. 

I think he's went about his early business in a way that is very remisncent to the way Walter addressed the side in 07 after Le Guen. Straight he identified the spine of the team and the defence and made us so far look hard to beat. Exactly what Walter did, and I believe its absolutely the way to go. We don't have the funds or the necessary quality to go toe to toe with celtic in a pure football match but what we can do is grind out results, be hard to beat and match them for work rate etc. 

Expect him to make mistakes but he's been a class act since coming in and I hope he's given the right backing and support from both fans and the board going forward as I really believe he's turning us round. 

I think he will get time. For many reasons namely the fact that he's a massive name in world football and that the pigs in charge of us don't want to be responsible for yet another failure so will give him every chance possible to avoid taking responsibility for anything, as that's how they operate.

I'm still none-the-wiser if he will be a success or not. On one hand he's done really well shoring up the defence and putting out a team of battlers. That's great. But his team selections, tactics, subs, signings in other areas (or lack of) has me a bit alarmed if I'm honest.

I think we are in a better place than we ever were under McCoist, Pedro and the other caretakers like Murty etc but I don't think it's almost enough to be winning the title either which annoys me.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think he will get time. For many reasons namely the fact that he's a massive name in world football and that the pigs in charge of us don't want to be responsible for yet another failure so will give him every chance possible to avoid taking responsibility for anything, as that's how they operate.

I'm still none-the-wiser if he will be a success or not. On one hand he's done really well shoring up the defence and putting out a team of battlers. That's great. But his team selections, tactics, subs, signings in other areas (or lack of) has me a bit alarmed if I'm honest.

I think we are in a better place than we ever were under McCoist, Pedro and the other caretakers like Murty etc but I don't think it's almost enough to be winning the title either which annoys me.

Agree with most of that.  Imo he's also moved on more dross than I expected too. A huge amount of work has been done, but we're still at risk in certain areas, none moreso than upfront.

He's stated sadiq isn't fit yet, and now Morelos has a potential 3 game ban looming. We are at risk of having no fit forwards, which is unacceptable.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Agree with most of that.  Imo he's also moved on more dross than I expected too. A huge amount of work has been done, but we're still at risk in certain areas, none moreso than upfront.

He's stated sadiq isn't fit yet, and now Morelos has a potential 3 game ban looming. We are at risk of having no fit forwards, which is unacceptable.

Totally agree with the last line. He's made no effort to rectify the striking position despite it being clear we need something good upfront. That's totally unacceptable.

The Croatian defender is a decent player and not unhappy at us signing him, but that 2.2 million could be better spent on a decent striker

30 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Very good question.

Personally I think he's made a cracking start. 

I would say I'm more realistic than some and don't expect us to be the finished article right away and challenging celtic straight away. 

I think he's went about his early business in a way that is very remisncent to the way Walter addressed the side in 07 after Le Guen. Straight he identified the spine of the team and the defence and made us so far look hard to beat. Exactly what Walter did, and I believe its absolutely the way to go. We don't have the funds or the necessary quality to go toe to toe with celtic in a pure football match but what we can do is grind out results, be hard to beat and match them for work rate etc. 

Expect him to make mistakes but he's been a class act since coming in and I hope he's given the right backing and support from both fans and the board going forward as I really believe he's turning us round. 

Need to get back to the ways under Walter Smith when we would beat the likes of Hamilton with a boring but safe 2-0 victory. No more needing 4 or 5 goals to win a game.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Yeah because McCoist, Warburton and Pedro Caixhina have all went on to be great managers in the game. If only we were patient and stuck with them

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah because McCoist, Warburton and Pedro Caixhina have all went on to be great managers in the game. If only we were patient and stuck with them

If only - and yet here we are a team still transitioning and a manager who will still ( most likely) needs time, measured in seasons not weeks, but a couple of early bad results and weeks is all some fans will give him. 

For all the talk about signings, tactics etc etc the thing that has most impressed me is the way he has got this team fighting for each other and the fans. First time I've seen that since Walter left. Plus we need to remember a large number of these guys have only played a few games together so the understandings that get built take some time, especially in defence.

Will SG be given the time?  Yes.  There is no better alternative even remotely on the horizon.  Any look at the names that were being speculated about or touted before SG was landed tells us that.

Will he be given enough money to build the side he would really like to build at Rangers instead of having to fashion a very competitive team from very limited resources?   That's another question.     I hope the Board are able to back him to the maximum possible extent of their ability to do so.