***UEFA Champions League 18/19***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never a handball. Where's his arms supposed to be when he jumps? Never an intentional handball.

That said, I'd change the rule. Any contact with the hand that directs the ball, or partly directs it, to goal should be a free kick.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Pep made a mistake not playing de bruyne first leg imo, one of the best midfielders in the world not playing is criminal, as was agueros penalty 1st leg. All hindsight obviously.

Oh and fuck psg, coupon busting frog merchants 

That's 3 games they have fucked up to win the league....just as well they had a 24pt lead😂😂😂

Just now, Inigo said:

Never a handball. Where's his arms supposed to be when he jumps? Never an intentional handball.

That said, I'd change the rule. Any contact with the hand that directs the ball, or partly directs it, to goal should be a free kick.

I think it's all good n well the biomechanics your talking about until a goal is scored with the help of a hand, then I'd say it shouldnt come in to the equation.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It’s changing.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

If it hits his hand then surely it had to be a foul going by the logic that was used for the man-u penalty against psg?

Think the ref said it hit his hip

Just now, born a blue nose said:

I think it's all good n well the biomechanics your talking about until a goal is scored with the help of a hand, then I'd say it shouldnt come in to the equation.

It does though. Shouldn't maybe, but it does. By the rules it's a good goal.

Just now, hammer93 said:

So why were man u awarded a penalty?

I'm not saying the goal should be disallowed I'm merely pointing out the inconsistency where hand balls are concerned 

Because a mistake was made.

Regards incinsistency, there will always be some of that, because it's about interpretation by human beings. That can never be completely consistent.

The Man U one was a basic mistake by most people's reckoning though. As I say, VAR is better, not fullproof.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Regards incinsistency, there will always be some of that, because it's about interpretation by human beings. That can never be completely consistent.

The Man U one was a basic mistake by most people's reckoning though. As I say, VAR is better, not fullproof.

The Man United one was correct though.

Man City’s refs in the quarters the last two seasons have been a shambles

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I think that is what is irritating a lot of people...if they can still make the wrong call after watching it from various angles then it's never going to be 100% which is pretty poor at that level of competition

Archived