***UEFA Champions League 18/19***

G.E.C.

Some amount of players Ajax have had over the years, even during their quieter times. Obviously this is not even mentioning the likes of Rijkaard, Kluivert, Litmanen, Kanu, Overmars, R/F De Boer, Arveladze, Van Der Saar, Blind, Davids, Seedorf, Winter, Van De Vaart, Ibra etc. Always seem to have good players through the years. Completely forgot Spurs got 4 of them!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but VAR last night proved it’s going to ruin the game.  Just seen the highlights, basically we’d all be aswell not celebrating a goal when this comes.  If you’re going to have video refereeing it needs to be instant.  I’m sure someone sitting watching that on the tele in the stadium somewhere could have said within 10-15 seconds in the referees ear, aye that was offside and then the linesman lifts the flag up and we all know it’s offside.  Until something like that happens VAR needs to go. It’s going to take the emotion out of celebrating a goal. 

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Sorry but VAR last night proved it’s going to ruin the game.  Just seen the highlights, basically we’d all be aswell not celebrating a goal when this comes.  If you’re going to have video refereeing it needs to be instant.  I’m sure someone sitting watching that on the tele in the stadium somewhere could have said within 10-15 seconds in the referees ear, aye that was offside and then the linesman lifts the flag up and we all know it’s offside.  Until something like that happens VAR needs to go. It’s going to take the emotion out of celebrating a goal. 

Yeah, it detracts from the most emotional moments of the game. All for a slightly improved accuracy in decision making. The negatives outweigh the positives. 

It looks as if City could end the season with only the embarrassing League Cup (on penalties at that), possibly supplemented by the FA Cup, as I think they will fall short in the League.  If so, that should rate as a very poor season and by recent standards of management sackings, Guardiola should be looking for a new job soon. But the myth of 'Pep' will prevail and he'll be free to continue his big spending ways. How anyone sees anyone like that as a great manager is beyond me. 

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

Always been an advocate of the cricket or Tennis way where you get two three challenges and the manager can get the fourth official involved to alert the ref a VAR challenge has been put in. Lose all challenges then your suck up the results.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What a clueless post.

Another season of 90+ points but he deserves to be sacked. 

Got to agree, the only thing that is stopping them from romping to the bloody title is the Liverpool front three and even then it is in their own hands. If that gets you the sake then fuck sake what the hell do you have to do?

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

It has to be the same as American football for me 

If it's not clear cut then the decision should stand on the pitch 

42 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It has to be the same as American football for me 

If it's not clear cut then the decision should stand on the pitch 

It’s suited to American football because it’s a stop start game and they don’t celebrate as madly as football fans do for touchdowns/goals. It’s just not suited for this game. A referee watching it on tele in the main refs ear is all that’s needed. 

9 hours ago, CraigG said:

It looks as if City could end the season with only the embarrassing League Cup (on penalties at that), possibly supplemented by the FA Cup, as I think they will fall short in the League.  If so, that should rate as a very poor season and by recent standards of management sackings, Guardiola should be looking for a new job soon. But the myth of 'Pep' will prevail and he'll be free to continue his big spending ways. How anyone sees anyone like that as a great manager is beyond me. 

You're obviously off your nut on something, or its another fishing trip, fucking idiot!

EREDIVISIE have postponed an entire round of fixtures to help Ajax beat Tottenham in Champions League semi-final.

Ajax have upset the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus on the way to reaching the last four where they will meet Manchester City’s conquerors Tottenham.

The Dutch giants were due to play a league game against relegation strugglers De Graafschap - just two days before they travel to London on April 28.

However, the Dutch officials have not only cancelled Ajax’s fixture that week, but the whole league in general - in a bid to help Ajax rest and recover for their European clash.

Eredivisie have postponed ALL games in order to keep integrity in the league as Ajax lead PSV only by goal difference.

The Dutch season will now be extended, with those matches now being switched to Wednesday, May 15.

KNVB president Eric Gudde said: “We have looked at all kinds of ways to move games with Ajax progressing so far in the Champions League.

“We have presented our plans to all of the clubs. It is not ideal for everyone, I appreciate that, but this is not just helping Ajax.

“It is being done to help Dutch football as a whole because it means so much to be successful in Europe.”

The move acts as a major contrast for Tottenham, who like Ajax are scheduled to play two days before their away leg.

Mauricio Pochettino’s men face Bournemouth on Monday May 6 - and then two days later travel to Holland where they meet Ajax in the semi-final second leg.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

EREDIVISIE have postponed an entire round of fixtures to help Ajax beat Tottenham in Champions League semi-final.

Ajax have upset the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus on the way to reaching the last four where they will meet Manchester City’s conquerors Tottenham.

The Dutch giants were due to play a league game against relegation strugglers De Graafschap - just two days before they travel to London on April 28.

However, the Dutch officials have not only cancelled Ajax’s fixture that week, but the whole league in general - in a bid to help Ajax rest and recover for their European clash.

Eredivisie have postponed ALL games in order to keep integrity in the league as Ajax lead PSV only by goal difference.

The Dutch season will now be extended, with those matches now being switched to Wednesday, May 15.

KNVB president Eric Gudde said: “We have looked at all kinds of ways to move games with Ajax progressing so far in the Champions League.

“We have presented our plans to all of the clubs. It is not ideal for everyone, I appreciate that, but this is not just helping Ajax.

“It is being done to help Dutch football as a whole because it means so much to be successful in Europe.”

The move acts as a major contrast for Tottenham, who like Ajax are scheduled to play two days before their away leg.

Mauricio Pochettino’s men face Bournemouth on Monday May 6 - and then two days later travel to Holland where they meet Ajax in the semi-final second leg.

Mind that time the SPL helped us when we reached a European cup final? Me either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived