Step back....take a deep breath.....

Blue Avenger

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Before the season began, if anyone had said we should be qualifying for the Europa groups and taking points of them at the piggery in the first OF they’d have been laughed at. We’re way ahead of where we should be and the manager is a victim of his own success, as expectations have gone through the roof way too quickly.

Exactly.

I still think those fans making unhappy noises might be a little more forgiving had we not had that shocking 45 against Motherwell. The Aberdeen match was gutting, but we played pretty well despite our numerical disadvantage.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Exactly.

I still think those fans making unhappy noises might be a little more forgiving had we not had that shocking 45 against Motherwell. The Aberdeen match was gutting, but we played pretty well despite our numerical disadvantage.

Yup. Our points tally is clearly not good, but you can’t just ignore the fact that aside from two poor halves of football (which cost us 5 points between them) , we’ve generally played very well over 13 games.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Exactly.

My gut reaction was being annoyed, and that was the noises I made.

We have done well, bar a few games where we could have won.

But anyone who sees the Taigs knows that when you take the game to them, they shit it. And if you stand off them, you risk losing.

5 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Fair points mate , honestly in a footballing sense losing to they bastards doesn’t annoy me as much because we aren’t close to them but I despise how many points we drop elsewhere when we are paying double anyone in the spl for players and wages outside of celtic.

I think part of the problem is when your not over blessed with quality, you end up with inconsistency.

Also Gerrard still doesn't onow his best eleven and with all these players coming in, he obviously thinks what he's got isn't good enough, but still limited to who he brings in due to financial constraints.

Then there is the matter of our playing style and system.

For me, he is still experimenting and I can see him going for 3 at the back as our mainstay.

Still a melting pot, but the basic ingredients are there and it will get better.