Step back....take a deep breath.....

Blue Avenger

A day after that shambles yesterday leaves me a million miles from being chuffed tbh.

I get what you're saying and why but it's too soon and raw to brush it off so easily imo.

I'm still behind SG but he needs to deliver on what he says he is and what his team will be. Winners.

I'll get over yesterday, but chuffed? Nah mate, not for me.

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A day after that shambles yesterday leaves me a million miles from being chuffed tbh.

I get what you're saying and why but it's too soon and raw to brush it off so easily imo.

I'm still behind SG but he needs to deliver on what he says he is and what his team will be. Winners.

I see the bigger picture, yesterday was not our strongest 11 and i just see us getting better and better.  i think he should've played a bit more rather than contain but as the OP says he will learn. yesterday we had a lot of debut players out there, now they'll know what its like losing to those.  he's been in two months with a hectic schedule and a tough opening to our lg where we shouldve had 9 points before yesterday, IMO SG will get it right and it will not be long. we have 4 outa 5 games at home after the break, this is where we start.  im confident. 

We will be fine if our attacking play becomes evident again

its concerning me how poor we seem to be attacking, it will come. hopefully when we have a full squad available and can find out who our best 11 are, guys like Dorrans have been out so long I’ve forgot if he’s one of our better players or not, will be the same when Murphy eventually comes back tae.

i honestly couldnt tell you who our best 11 is, then again I’ve not even seen guys like grezda play

20 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

I see the bigger picture, yesterday was not our strongest 11 and i just see us getting better and better.  i think he should've played a bit more rather than contain but as the OP says he will learn. yesterday we had a lot of debut players out there, now they'll know what its like losing to those.  he's been in two months with a hectic schedule and a tough opening to our lg where we shouldve had 9 points before yesterday, IMO SG will get it right and it will not be long. we have 4 outa 5 games at home after the break, this is where we start.  im confident. 

Confident and chuffed?

How many players from our strongest team were missing- one?

Listen, I'm annoyed by yesterday, but I too can see the bigger picture and the path being the right one. It just doesn't leave me chuffed right now 

Simple small target to make for Gerrard, win all games in the league until the next international break - then we will see if we are progressing. Too many draws, as was this time last season, we will fall off the pace and be looking at second again. Also we need to be in the League Cup semi final by then. Success is a fine line at this stage, and the heavy pressure is now on.

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

chuffed, did i say that? fucking hurting, sick of it like everyone else. im confident we can have a good season. 

You didn't say it the OP did.

Hope you're right re the season. We've got a long way to go but need to start delivering in the next run of games which we should be winning.

Qualifying for the Europa League was more important for me this time round. It is worth millions to Rangers and will fuel further investment into a winning team. celtic can spend twice as much on players, this need patience not knee jerk reactions.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Hope you're right re the season. We've got a long way to go but need to start delivering in the next run of games which we should be winning.

When we drop yet more points after the internationals there will be yet more excuses. 

41 minutes ago, gsa said:

Nothing to be proud of yesterday. Lying down to take our beating. 

Would never defend @Blue Avenger he can do that himself, but nowhere does he say he was 'proud' of the scum result, what I read is 'chuffed' with where we are in comparison to where we have been.  He is also hopeful for the not too distant future, a sentiment shared by all but the most depressed.  

43 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Sure he has much to prove and a lot of learning to go with it, but I'd rather have him than anyone else mentioned during the managerial speculation.

I got the usual gloating bile from the small taig element at work today. I usually bite and give it the whole paedo rhetoric, but today I bit the tongue and simply responded with...we've got Stevie G. Who have you got? A no mark trannie shagger . Best of luck with that.

They didn't like it, but us having Gerrard seriously gets under their skin. Now that doesn't make him a great manager, but having him, gives us the kudos they are desperate for. I was proud to say we had Gerrard in our corner despite that defeat. Yes, I remain chuffed that we have him. A twelve game run with and qualfication for the Europa is not a bad return for a rookie and something we could only have dreamt of only a few months ago. They see what we have been doing over the summer and they know it will eventually pay off. I couldn't have said or felt that with our previous managers the last 6 years.

Yes I'm chuffed knowing that it will be Gerrard who takes the head of the beast, as there is no other that I know of that we can afford that can and it's obvious King is backing him all the way. Also realise that although he is, we are still limited in funding and quality compared to the scum, but they are no invincibles. Gerrard can only piss with the cock he's got. It's making best use of it that will make the difference. Sunday had much learning in it for him and he will.

Short term losses for long term gain. They can brag all they want, but fuck the despindency, we've had enough of it over the last 6 years and Gerrard is the man who willdeliver the head of the bheast on a plate. Of that I have every confidence.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

i hate making excuses, i really dont want to say it but that trip to russia did not help. were two months in 13 new players and that was not our strongest team especially in the midfield. IMO there is a lot more to come from us, we have a chance with 4 outa 5 games at ibrox after the break. this is where we can get going. the international break will help us. SG will learn from that, the players now know what its like to lose to them, SG has the players playing for him and im confident he will get us going and will not make the same mistake as he did in the first half. 

The funds we spent in the summer would appear to have been under written with no EL money in mind.  With us qualifying we have basically paid for all of our incoming players, which I would hope will free up more money to spend be it this winter or next summer.

As the OP said, their time is coming to an end, they don't like that we are returning to a position where they are no longer going to get it all their own way.  Yesterdays game was wrong for every reason possible but we now have a team and squad with experience in playing those reptiles and I'd think they will be smarter for it.

I make no apology by saying that we have already beaten the best team we've come up against this season and it's no surprise that we had a full squad to choose from and didn't have the burden of Ufa before it too.

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

When we drop yet more points after the internationals there will be yet more excuses. 

I've read alot of valid and level headed points, not just excuses as you say.

I think coming off the Europa League qualification and the massive feel good factor, we are hurting a bit more than usual cause a lot of us wanked ourselves into a frenzy believing we would smash them at their own ground. 

It wasn't to be, but Stevie will have us ready to beat them at Ibrox.

Just now, BillySastard said:

I've read alot of valid and level headed points, not just excuses as you say.

I think coming off the Europa League qualification and the massive feel good factor, we are hurting a bit more than usual cause a lot of us wanked ourselves into a frenzy believing we would smash them at their own ground. 

It wasn't to be, but Stevie will have us ready to beat them at Ibrox.

I hear what you're saying but I didn't think we'd smash them but I certainly thought it'd be an improvement on last season, the reality is, it was more of the same.