Step back....take a deep breath.....

Blue Avenger

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Same performance, very different mitigating factors. I’ve seen you banging this drum for the last 24 hours though and I know you won’t see it any other way - but we’ve played four games in the league. Four. Not fourteen. Four. 

We have to show more patience and allow the new team to properly implement what is needed.

Most posters on here said second and a cup would be realistic, no one thought we’d get to Europe - we’re already overachieving on that front. 

International break comes at a perfect time now, recoup and reenergise. If in two months we are in the same position then so be it we will need to start questioning harder, but we need to show more positivity (which is hard after yesterday’s performance) and get behind the team and management.

Not keep banging the drum of negativity, the quicker we put yesterday behind us the better chance we have moving forward. 

Fair enough mate. Reasonable post.

The only win we have in this league, is against a St Mirren side - with the worst manager in the league, who has now been duly sacked. The performances in the European run have been great, albeit losing patchy goals at the wrong times. However, in the league we seriously need to start getting a run of wins - or we will be sunk by November interms of a league challenge.

The next few month with plenty of home league games and euro games in between will be the marker for what Gerrards foundations are and his plans going forward. Hopefully we get stuck in and start getting some points on the table.

Cant keep using the tired excuse because we will have a busier schedule than ever between now and the turn of the year , it’s also nonsense to suggest the taigs give a fuck that we have SG and them Rogers with what he’s done for them so far and Stevie only beginning management.

I think with a 4th CB brought in we might now see the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 start to become our main formations going forward to help the wing backs and two strikers play more naturally, but just a guess.

WATP

Hard to be chuffed when all we did was punt long balls at every opportunity, we played like a team of journeymen and need to get back to passing and pressing, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record we need to find a bit of composure especially up front, everything seems to be forced and it's worrying just how hard we make it look. 

I said we would get beat before the game and we did, nothing changes at the paedo dome  same pathetic performance , and the excuses come thick and fast, new team,debutants, referee, tiredness, truth is their better than us that's the bottom line

8 hours ago, Jasper Blues said:

We need to remember that our previous three managers had SIX YEARS to get us back where we belong and failed miserably.

SG has had only two and a half MONTHS and has achieved more in that short time than the other three put together.

No, we're not there yet, not by a long chalk, but I have no doubt that this manager WILL get us back to the top.

Changing 30+ players in one window means there was a huge amount to be done.

Gelling them into a team will take time, but he will.

Because they weren't managers...

I even include the bread man and pedro.

We still have not had a proper manager since we were demoted - the board's choice. Therefore the sentence in bold means nothing.

SG is faring far better than I thought he would, but if it ends in tears the above sentence is still true.

7 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

The next few month with plenty of home league games and euro games in between will be the marker for what Gerrards foundations are and his plans going forward. Hopefully we get stuck in and start getting some points on the table.

Cant keep using the tired excuse because we will have a busier schedule than ever between now and the turn of the year , it’s also nonsense to suggest the taigs give a fuck that we have SG and them Rogers with what he’s done for them so far and Stevie only beginning management.

I think with a 4th CB brought in we might now see the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 start to become our main formations going forward to help the wing backs and two strikers play more naturally, but just a guess.

WATP

Stevie is a Holywood A lister, whilst the tranny shagger remains exactly that, no matter what he's done for them. Before the game they were all for hanging him and lieweil for their ineptness in the transfer market. Even Ronnie bhoy got them a title, such was the level of opposition and their wealth. Not that they spent much. Had we defeated them, he was seriously damaged goods.

No one gives a fuck about BR south of the border. Who's giving him a job? Some mid table no marks? On the other hand, Gerrard is destined for great things. They will him to do well and the media listen to him and love him. He brings much more to us than simply being a football manager, albeit he will be judged on results at the end of the day.

I wouldn't be trading Gerrard for the tranny shagger for all the tea in China. Why the fuck would you? Trade down from a pedigree to a mongrel who got success in a corrupt backwater with no competition?

Gerrard is the real deal and he will deliver.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Stevie is a Holywood A lister, whilst the tranny shagger remains exactly that, no matter what he's done for them. Before the game they were all for hanging him and lieweil for their ineptness in the transfer market. Even Ronnie bhoy got them a title, such was the level of opposition and their wealth. Not that they spent much. Had we defeated them, he was seriously damaged goods.

No one gives a fuck about BR south of the border. Who's giving him a job? Some mid table no marks? On the other hand, Gerrard is destined for great things. They will him to do well and the media listen to him and love him. He brings much more to us than simply being a football manager, albeit he will be judged on results at the end of the day.

I wouldn't be trading Gerrard for the tranny shagger for all the tea in China. Why the fuck would you? Trade down from a pedigree to a mongrel who got success in a corrupt backwater with no competition?

Gerrard is the real deal and he will deliver.

All sounds good and well but he has had big jobs south of the border regardless of how it ended and more to the only point I care about he’s won all 6 domestic trophies available something we need to stop ASAP.

Everything you’ve said about SG is just made up optimism in your head based on nothing mate , I want him to be a success purely because he’s at Rangers but this obsessive love you and others have for him is just weird.

He needs to deliver first.

1 hour ago, The No.9 said:

It's an interesting point you make, ok we tried it at Motherwell and it never worked but maybe it needs to be bedded in longer to see the results. I wonder if the signing of Gareth McAuley was in part to do with his experience in such a system and to pass on his knowledge to our unexperienced defenders? 

Maybe someone who has followed his career a bit closer could confirm if this is true or I am talking shite @bluedylan

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

we WILL be fine!

Yes the result against the scum was a fucking hard one to take.

Again, it's not the result that was dissapointing. It's the manner in which we were beaten. We didn't turn up yet again when the momentum was on our side.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It's an interesting point you make, ok we tried it at Motherwell and it never worked but maybe it needs to be bedded in longer to see the results. I wonder if the signing of Gareth McAuley was in part to do with his experience in such a system and to pass on his knowledge to our unexperienced defenders? 

Maybe someone who has followed his career a bit closer could confirm if this is true or I am talking shite @bluedylan

That’s kind of similar thread I was pulling on mate , just have a feeling that’s the way he wants to go especially when Tav and Borna are clearly better when pressing as wing backs 

2 hours ago, the old guard said:

Hard to be chuffed when all we did was punt long balls at every opportunity, we played like a team of journeymen and need to get back to passing and pressing, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record we need to find a bit of composure especially up front, everything seems to be forced and it's worrying just how hard we make it look. 

We didnt boss the midfield and that made it impossible to pass and press.

Now it may be that SG decided that sitting deep and hitting on the break was the way to go, especially as he played RK for pace rather than DC.

I always feel we should flood the midfield and boss it.

I cant stand lego, but he and the french guy are a good pairing.

We missed LC big time - He would have bossed it but with him being out it left us light.

Ejaria, who played well against the hammer-throwers from Motherwell, didnt look fresh on Sunday.

Wanted too much time on the ball, which, as above, with us not running the midfield, wasnt on.

1 hour ago, The No.9 said:

That’s kind of similar thread I was pulling on mate , just have a feeling that’s the way he wants to go especially when Tav and Borna are clearly better when pressing as wing backs 

We've got the international break to bed this in a better. A Dundee side struggling at home looks the perfect opportunity to try and deploy this again.

11 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Same performance, very different mitigating factors. I’ve seen you banging this drum for the last 24 hours though and I know you won’t see it any other way - but we’ve played four games in the league. Four. Not fourteen. Four. 

We have to show more patience and allow the new team to properly implement what is needed.

Most posters on here said second and a cup would be realistic, no one thought we’d get to Europe - we’re already overachieving on that front. 

International break comes at a perfect time now, recoup and reenergise. If in two months we are in the same position then so be it we will need to start questioning harder, but we need to show more positivity (which is hard after yesterday’s performance) and get behind the team and management.

Not keep banging the drum of negativity, the quicker we put yesterday behind us the better chance we have moving forward. 

Before the season began, if anyone had said we should be qualifying for the Europa groups and taking points of them at the piggery in the first OF they’d have been laughed at. We’re way ahead of where we should be and the manager is a victim of his own success, as expectations have gone through the roof way too quickly.

41 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Before the season began, if anyone had said we should be qualifying for the Europa groups and taking points of them at the piggery in the first OF they’d have been laughed at. We’re way ahead of where we should be and the manager is a victim of his own success, as expectations have gone through the roof way too quickly.

Wish I had been so succinct with my post but that's basically what I'm saying. We are ahead of where we should be.

3 hours ago, The No.9 said:

All sounds good and well but he has had big jobs south of the border regardless of how it ended and more to the only point I care about he’s won all 6 domestic trophies available something we need to stop ASAP.

Everything you’ve said about SG is just made up optimism in your head based on nothing mate , I want him to be a success purely because he’s at Rangers but this obsessive love you and others have for him is just weird.

He needs to deliver first.

A run of 12 games undefeated and in Europe is fucking good start for a rookie and was beyond our wildest expectations. You have someone in mind whom we could afford and do better?

We have 34 games to go, so I wouldn't be too harsh just yet.

We really need to start looking further than the end of our nose and knee jerking like lunatics, me included at the dropping of each and every point.

Every manager is a gamble. Just look at Jose M! We have got to show some belief and buy into the programme. We do not have the financial might of the scum, so we need to get the best out of what we have got. 13 new players all trying to gell and for the most part successful. Yes we need a bit more depth and quality, but that does not equal not taking this title. They and it are there for the taking. Showing more faith would be good as we have had enough negativity to last a lifetime over the last 6 years.

Bringing in Gerrard was a major coup and LBH, the last throw of the dice for King. Should this project fail, I dread to think where we end up. With some shit taig manager from down Kilmarnock way and doing mid table?!

Our burn of managers needs to end, as does the negativity.

34 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

A run of 12 games undefeated and in Europe is fucking good start for a rookie and was beyond our wildest expectations. You have someone in mind whom we could afford and do better?

We have 34 games to go, so I wouldn't be too harsh just yet.

We really need to start looking further than the end of our nose and knee jerking like lunatics, me included at the dropping of each and every point.

Every manager is a gamble. Just look at Jose M! We have got to show some belief and buy into the programme. We do not have the financial might of the scum, so we need to get the best out of what we have got. 13 new players all trying to gell and for the most part successful. Yes we need a bit more depth and quality, but that does not equal not taking this title. They and it are there for the taking. Showing more faith would be good as we have had enough negativity to last a lifetime over the last 6 years.

Bringing in Gerrard was a major coup and LBH, the last throw of the dice for King. Should this project fail, I dread to think where we end up. With some shit taig manager from down Kilmarnock way and doing mid table?!

Our burn of managers needs to end, as does the negativity.

Fair points mate , honestly in a footballing sense losing to they bastards doesn’t annoy me as much because we aren’t close to them but I despise how many points we drop elsewhere when we are paying double anyone in the spl for players and wages outside of celtic.