Red Dead Redemption 2

dmgers2

On 19/10/2018 at 16:03, RosscoRFC87 said:

You could go to G-force on Union street if you’re in town - they give you games 2/3 days early 

I’d say they’ll have red dead 2 on the Wednesday, going by past releases.

On 20/10/2018 at 19:48, Paulie Walnuts said:

Don’t be spreading this mate, that’s my plan haha 

Seemingly rockstar have put a ban on ANYWHERE releasing it before midnight on its release date, cant see gforce breaking that 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Seemingly rockstar have put a ban on ANYWHERE releasing it before midnight on its release date, cant see gforce breaking that 

I can, they don’t give a shit tbh.

Plus it just means you can own it to install it early, doesn’t guarantee it’ll play (if I click on mine it says “You’re too early”)

40 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not sure mate, I’ve had a couple of big releases out there a day or two early. Don’t know what would happen if they got caught. 

On 18/10/2018 at 09:31, psb07158 said:

Mate it's £50 everywhere why have you paid £60 for it :lol: 

or is this some sort of special edition which you've managed to get cheap ?

I assume it's the downloadable version which will be the one I get as my PS4 won't load disks anymore so I need the downloadable games.

11 hours ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

I can, they don’t give a shit tbh.

Plus it just means you can own it to install it early, doesn’t guarantee it’ll play (if I click on mine it says “You’re too early”)

Even if you loaded from a disk that you had got hold of pre embargo, I doubt it would run the game. I got a few games early over the years and it was fine, probably not the same today. Technology advancing means that your game will stay locked until the official release.

13 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They won't risk releasing a mega game like that early. 

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

Even if you loaded from a disk that you had got hold of pre embargo, I doubt it would run the game. I got a few games early over the years and it was fine, probably not the same today. Technology advancing means that your game will stay locked until the official release.

The new fifa unlocked on the downloadable version exactly at midnight. 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Tbf I remember a few years back they sold GTA early despite Rockstar issuing the same warnings then too

It's a big risk they take as publishers will stop selling games to them if they get caught, but they seem to be happy to make a short term gain in exchange for taking that risk

I can understand people wanting to get hold of the disc version early so that they can preload. However I suppose that you do have to have a launch date rather than release a game on the basis of whatever retailer happens to get their stock delivered first. Seems to me that a more sensible solution would be to have an on sale date if the game download and disc versions are ready, with the launch date/unlock a wee bit later so as to allow everyone who wants to, to preload the game. I know that some retailers are offering a preload service for downloads, very practical, I would go mad with frustration if I could not start the download of such a massive game until the actual release date. We have waited years for this, imagine having to wait for who knows how long to download a 105GB plus, file.

22 hours ago, DeanMK said:

G Force aren't selling it before Friday.

Did you phone them mate ?

They always say that on the phone in case it's someone trying to catch them out,of you walk in a few days before release they usually have it,they said the same when gta 5 was due out and u walked in and got it 2 days early.

no using them this time tho as they'll prob charge an extra tenner for it and the manager's an absolute wank 

1 hour ago, watty. said:

Did you phone them mate ?

They always say that on the phone in case it's someone trying to catch them out,of you walk in a few days before release they usually have it,they said the same when gta 5 was due out and u walked in and got it 2 days early.

no using them this time tho as they'll prob charge an extra tenner for it and the manager's an absolute wank 

Nah, I was in yesterday. I'm still going to give it a try tomorrow and chance my luck.

On 18/10/2018 at 09:31, psb07158 said:

Mate it's £50 everywhere why have you paid £60 for it :lol: 

or is this some sort of special edition which you've managed to get cheap ?

I got a special edition which gave me $1m for GTA online and some extra content on RD2 and I think some extra online stuff too for RD2.

Don't ask me what I paid for it, bought it ages ago. Downloaded the game on the weekend - just waiting to be able to play it. Cannot wait.

Been playing RDR on PS Now the past couple of weeks in anticipation.