Red Dead Redemption 2

dmgers2

Stuck it on last week as I was choking to play it all over again,but playing it on ps5 looks really blurry with it being 1080p and running at 30fps it looks terrible.i know it sounds petty,but once you've tasted 4k 60fps you can't go back imo.

hopefully Rockstar give us the update soon,but I can see it being another cash grab from them.

37 minutes ago, watty. said:

Stuck it on last week as I was choking to play it all over again,but playing it on ps5 looks really blurry with it being 1080p and running at 30fps it looks terrible.i know it sounds petty,but once you've tasted 4k 60fps you can't go back imo.

hopefully Rockstar give us the update soon,but I can see it being another cash grab from them.

I only managed a few missions when it was released as I became obsessed with tracking down all of the materials required for all of the camp upgrades and Trapper gear. I gave it up after I realised that I had just spent two hours trying to find a perfect Elk pelt.

So I rebooted a few days ago, started again and I have to say that not only have I seen gameplay improvements since I last played, but that the game looks and runs wonderfully on the Series X. Is there a problem with the PS5 version, I would have though that the game would have been updated to take advantage of the next gen consoles?

4 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

I only managed a few missions when it was released as I became obsessed with tracking down all of the materials required 8for all of the camp upgrades and Trapper gear. I gave it up after I realised that I had just spent two hours trying to find a perfect Elk pelt.

So I rebooted a few days ago, started again and I have to say that not only have I seen gameplay improvements since I last played, but that the game looks and runs wonderfully on the Series X. Is there a problem with the PS5 version, I would have though that the game would have been updated to take advantage of the next gen consoles?

It's 4k on series x mate,but it runs at 1080p on ps5 cos Microsoft can unlock the frame rate on games without the need for the devs to do it or some shite 

3 hours ago, watty. said:

It's 4k on series x mate,but it runs at 1080p on ps5 cos Microsoft can unlock the frame rate on games without the need for the devs to do it or some shite 

Did not know that, pretty crap for PS5 owners on that score, however their console does have some pretty good exclusives, Death Stranding for one.

On 27/11/2021 at 17:35, SIRB_72 said:

Had never played it until about 2 months ago and now playing when I can around work & family.

Honestly don't know why I held off for so long:lol:

Me neither. It’s an incredible game. Problem is nothing much else compares when you’re finished and need a new game. 

On 28/11/2021 at 19:34, graeme_4 said:

Me neither. It’s an incredible game. Problem is nothing much else compares when you’re finished and need a new game. 

Whilst I know (obv) that it is just a game I always feel a little guilty at the shear number of animals you are required to slaughter throughout the game in order to level up, and upgrade equipment, and I just know that I will not be not be obtaining the achievement that requires you to slaughter every last bison. (just outed myself as a tree hugging, pasty faced vegan lefty bastard)

Mind you I do get some satisfaction from blowing away those effin mountain lions who are a real pain in the arse when you are trying to get things done up in The Grizzlies, numerous occasions I have fallen to their swift attacks.

12 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Games is an achievement but lacks enjoyment 

I didn’t do that many of the achievement or whatever they’re called and mostly did the story stuff, felt like a friend of the family had died with Arthur at the end. Tried playing it back and focusing on getting all the achievements but couldn’t get into it. 

On 02/12/2021 at 11:45, graeme_4 said:

I didn’t do that many of the achievement or whatever they’re called and mostly did the story stuff, felt like a friend of the family had died with Arthur at the end. Tried playing it back and focusing on getting all the achievements but couldn’t get into it. 

Think the problem was the start was such a slog before you got hooked.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DBBTB said:

One of the best games I’ve ever played. Is definitely a slow starter though.

It’s amazing, only issue I have with it (and aye I know it’s set in a time with horse travel before someone mentions it 🤣) is taking forever to travel from one place to the next on a tired fucking horse.   I’ve got to fast travel everywhere I possibly can. 

rockstar don’t do shite games, just shite remakes. 🤣

• 1 month later...

Have got bored of a lot of my usual games lately so have gone back and gave this another try online and I am slowly enjoying it. Especially as there are a lot more features and series now since I last played it. 

Seems a bit busier now but less mental than GTA online too. You can actually do things without getting harassed - GTA online has turned into a shitshow that way now.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Have got bored of a lot of my usual games lately so have gone back and gave this another try online and I am slowly enjoying it. Especially as there are a lot more features and series now since I last played it. 

Seems a bit busier now but less mental than GTA online too. You can actually do things without getting harassed - GTA online has turned into a shitshow that way now.

What’s the best thing to do when you first go back to it after completing the main story, to get back into a rhythm with it? I feel like I completed it and it had more to offer or the online didn’t work to bring back people.

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

What’s the best thing to do when you first go back to it after completing the main story, to get back into a rhythm with it? I feel like I completed it and it had more to offer or the online didn’t work to bring back people.

I’ve still not completed that. I’ve just been alternating between that, Call to Arms and stranger missions. Bit of a grind to get gold to buy into one of the roles but not dissimilar to GTA in a way  that you really had to grind at the beginning to buy a business.