McGregor

ForeverAndEver

9 hours ago, DC76 said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the perfectly struck corner that we couldn't manage in umpteen efforts..come on tae fuck..I was at work watching and as soon as I seen that corner swinging in I knew it was a goal ??

You've either not read or not understood my post. 

16 hours ago, HG5 said:

Good point.

You always have to work to the principle that the opposition will get one, either through a mistake, poor reffing decision, worldie, whatever.

Therefore, one goal can’t be relied on to win it for you.

Unfortunately, unless we can get the opposition to make a mistake, we aren’t that creative. 

Agreed, if you look at where the money was spent in the transfer window it’s been thrown at the back 4, keeper and solid midfielders rather than creative ones compare that with how much has been spent on creative outlets or strikers.

Kent is young and untested at a decent level.

Ejaria is also young and raw.

Arfield isn’t an attacking midfielder.

Grezda was signed injured.

Im not sure SG even wanted Lafferty.

Right now we have been set up to be a hard team to beat (which we are) compared to this time last year. Hopefully we will see a similar improvement to the forward half of the team in the next window and solve our creative problems.

6 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Agreed, if you look at where the money was spent in the transfer window it’s been thrown at the back 4, keeper and solid midfielders rather than creative ones compare that with how much has been spent on creative outlets or strikers.

Kent is young and untested at a decent level.

Ejaria is also young and raw.

Arfield isn’t an attacking midfielder.

Grezda was signed injured.

Im not sure SG even wanted Lafferty.

Right now we have been set up to be a hard team to beat (which we are) compared to this time last year. Hopefully we will see a similar improvement to the forward half of the team in the next window and solve our creative problems.

Spot on.

Hopefully the drubbings are a thing of the past & you’re right - we really do need to beef up the front end.

26 minutes ago, Smile said:

You just knew after all our play they would get that one chance they would bury we should have been out of sight by then if we had a midfield and decent strikers.

100% agree. Could feel their goal coming from about the 60th minute. To look to McGregor to blame - who is without question the most sensible signing of Gerrard's tenure thus far - is absolutely ridiculous. We absolutely bottled it in attack (Sadiq's swan dive being an excellent example of our lameness in front of goal).

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

Dropped for tonight. Seems harsh given the season he has had. 

Is this more of a warning to others that any can be dropped? 

He’s been very good but has also been lashing out. Almost every game there is an incident. Morelos like. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is a message.