Hope after hope after hope

KeyserSoze

It would be useful if enough of the first team squad had absorbed and taken to heart the way of life of 'no surrender'.   I don't think many of them have that in their inner being.   For too many it seems to me its just another game of football and a shrug of the shoulders at the result because there's always another game next week, and of course the nice pay check at the end of the month.  

27 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Absofuckinglutely.

Back then we didn't have social media providing us a platform to bitch and moan about the team and demand the head of the manager after every piss poor performance and result that doesn't go our way. It just wasn't the done thing. The mankies are not exactly running away with it and even given our few dodgy performances this season, if the manager steps up to the plate, sorts out the shite attitude of some players in the squad and get a half decent January transfer window then we'll be back on track I have no doubt.

Having followed near and far since the original banter years of the 1980's and through the more recent debacles, there is no doubt that we should be more positive now than we've ever been since 2012. It was only ever going to be a hard slog. We have become the most fickle bunch of supporters and are restless and hungry for immediate success.  Be patient, it will come and so will 55, and when it does be prepared to enjoy the bedlam and subsequent meltdowns that follow.

No fucking surrender right!

Well said 

On 09/12/2018 at 18:31, KeyserSoze said:

9 iar was full of highs and lows - skip the following if you want my point

here’s a few-  1989 beating that lot at new year for the first time in 25 years, 25 fucking years - a quarter of a century 

1990 - the run in we lost five games on a trot allowing the sheep to claw back a nice gap (squeaky bum) 

that sheep game in 91/92 fuck me last game of the season, they needed a draw to win the league - thank fuck for Attila the Hu*

remember 1993/94 the injury crisis we lost I think our last 6/7 games on a horrendous run and still scraped it. 

Gazza’s first season we LOST more games than shellik but still won the league by 4 points

my point is simple - there’s no exact science to football it’s a funny old game and yes we’ve dipped in form but clearly we are still at the races. 

So no fucking surrender right!

1989 beating that lot at new year for the first time in 25 years ?, are you sure that's right I thought we'd beat them  5 or 6 times in that period 

8 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

It would be useful if enough of the first team squad had absorbed and taken to heart the way of life of 'no surrender'.   I don't think many of them have that in their inner being.   For too many it seems to me its just another game of football and a shrug of the shoulders at the result because there's always another game next week, and of course the nice pay check at the end of the month.  

Hope you're wrong here, these guys have been at the club long enough to have been made aware of the history and current situation. I'm sure Halliday has been spreading the gospel and Gerrard himself should have made them all aware of our history and tradition, and the expectation of the support.  If there's any of them not giving a fuck, or showing a semblance of it, they should never be given another chance with us, no matter how limited our options.

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes I meant at Porkheed. Just read it back there 👍

I thought I'd misread it at first, but it's still kinda misleading stat as we only played there in January about 8 games out of the 25 years still even at that it's a long time.

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

I thought I'd misread it at first, but it's still kinda misleading stat as we only played there in January about 8 games out of the 25 years still even at that it's a long time.

It’s way too long a time mate, way too long

and it be about 12 games eachy peachy turns about 

I dunno if anyone else heard Talksport this morning. Dean Saunders was on and was talking about someone he knew that played at Newcastle and the season they were in the UEFA cup/league thing. Anyway, it was almost a carbon copy of our story this season. Playing Thursday Sunday and playing better in Europe, but being really flat for Sunday games. Usually only performing for 45 minutes in a game.....going a goal behind before getting a rollocking off Souness before coming back out to play. I've enjoyed Europe, but if it's holding us back domestically then I can't wait for the back of it!