At what point does gerrard become sackable

3 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Spot on.  All to do with winning mentality.  Ability to see out winning positions and snatch late winners.  Sadly too msny of our team are lacking.

Nail on the head. That's 3 late away winners in a row for the wankers.

We couldn't score a winner at hibs or killie if we were still playing now. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Sket said:

Our form would see previous managers of trophy winning Rangers teams sacked. We aren't a trophy winning team anymore though,so our form is accepted and actually looked upon as progress.

That'll be why there's a discussion on here and many in favour of sacking him then?  Silly post 

While we have not been great this season, there is such a fine line between the results we are getting that it shows we are closer than we used to be.

We have been pretty unlucky at times, and we have had some absolutely horrible referee stuff go against us.   The way Morelos is refereed different to everyone else in Scotland has definitely cost us as we have dropped points consistently when he has been suspended.

These are not excuses, at the end of the day we should still have enough in us to win these games if we want to be champions.  Tha doesn't mean it hasn't happened though.

1 minute ago, backup said:

You obviously have difficulty understanding English, even how the accruement of points wins leagues, pointless debating with those who have dug themselves into a hole supporting at best a very average manager. 

You obviously have difficulty answering simple questions. 

Weapon. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

That'll be why there's a discussion on here and many in favour of sacking him then?  Silly post 

I don't think anyone is actually accepting the form we have been in,  everyone to a man knows we can play better and is pissed we are in a slump.  Us "accepting our form" is a myth.

There are realistic people on here that understand that we are where we are due to a lot of circumstanes.  New manger, new team, less money to spend than our rival, Euro run costing us, bad refereeing decisions. etc.   Those people are just making excuses though obviously.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I don't think anyone is actually accepting the form we have been in,  everyone to a man knows we can play better and is pissed we are in a slump.  Us "accepting our form" is a myth.

There are realistic people on here that understand that we are where we are due to a lot of circumstanes.  New manger, new team, less money to spend than our rival, Euro run costing us, bad refereeing decisions. etc.   Those people are just making excuses though obviously.

It's a complete myth. I've yet to meet a Rangers fan that's happy with how we're going. Maybe Sket is confused because he's surrounded by tims in Coatbridge that are enjoying it? 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'd love to know who these people actually are, they certainly don't sit near me at Ibrox.

We can play so much better but I honestly think the players at the club have stopped going that extra yard for Gerrard. Whether that's down to his overly critical interviews, or maybe knowing they won't be here next year, I really don't know but there's something amiss.

9 minutes ago, tm91 said:

There are definite signs of progress but we've gotten what we went for - an inexperienced managerial team struggling to get the most out of a set of players who are good enough to be best of the rest but are neither talented enough nor mentally strong enough to win titles.

Short of Walter Smith or finding a billionaire there's not much we can do but invest more in players and hope Gerrard stops doing weird things like dropping players on a dime and refusing to make substitutions to change a game. We can't keep changing things every year and hope for the best. 

Of course if we finish third this season and/or get embarrassed by celtic then we wouldn't have a choice and he'd have to go.

3rd place finish from now should definitely see him gone, as that would be another embarrassment.  Hopefully it won’t happen and we as a club invest in the right areas and get it sorted

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'd love to know who these people actually are, they certainly don't sit near me at Ibrox.

We can play so much better but I honestly think the players at the club have stopped going that extra yard for Gerrard. Whether that's down to his overly critical interviews, or maybe knowing they won't be here next year, I really don't know but there's something amiss.

My guess is some know they are done under him. So it's go through the motions until the end of the season. 

25 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Davie White that got 2 full seasons before getting the bullet? 

Davy White who was the first Rangers manager ever sacked after our rag-dolling by Gornik, Davy White who despite having a 33 game unbeaten league run only to succumb to the sheep 3-2 at Ibrox and with it went the league, if SG manages to be half the manager Gentleman David White (the choirboy assassin) was, he will have done better than I am expecting.

17 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The same was said when pedro took over, players downed tools etc, now they same results are used as a stick to beat him with

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

My guess is some know they are done under him. So it's go through the motions until the end of the season. 

Certainly looks that way mate and I'm glad if he has identified the players who aren't good enough.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The same was said when pedro took over, players downed tools etc, now they same results are used as a stick to beat him with

That tells you all you need to know then, the players simply aren't good enough.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Certainly looks that way mate and I'm glad if he has identified the players who aren't good enough.

Hopefully he has and him and Allen have them out the door in the summer. 

For me I'd be looking at moving on the consistent failures like tav and candieas. That right wing has falling apart under 3 managers now. 

What is totally infuriating and becoming quite unforgivable, is that mob on the other side of the City are utter pish.

In fact both of us are utter pish.

It's got to be the worst Rangers and celtic teams at the same time in history.

Both clubs are going fucking nowhere.

This is without doubt the worst season in Premier league history.

Club football in Scotland is dying a slow death, and internationally it's been dead for 20 years.

31 minutes ago, backup said:

Davy White who was the first Rangers manager ever sacked after our rag-dolling by Gornik, Davy White who despite having a 33 game unbeaten league run only to succumb to the sheep 3-2 at Ibrox and with it went the league, if SG manages to be half the manager Gentleman David White (the choirboy assassin) was, he will have done better than I am expecting.

So your point out of all this is to tell me you aren't expecting much from Gerrard and he'll be lucky to be half the manager of a trophyless failure because he blew a 1 point lead in November? Feel like you're just rambling shite after shite without any point at all. Put the half down, you've had enough. 

Archived