First season out of 10

Burts91

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Win the next two games against them and everybody's rating increases by two. 

Prove me wrong. 

Would love you to be proven right or wrong.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Just remembered your first post replying to me, staggering to think you regard this season as a remarkable achievement for Gerrard, potentially finishing more points behind the beggars than the shit show he inherited, not to mention them losing their manager and 2 best strikers during the course of the season.

Dear god, how our standards have slipped.

the old standards have slipped patter when people apply some rationale thought and context to something

Dear god, how blinkered some of our support are.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the old standards have slipped patter when people apply some rationale thought and context to something

Dear god, how blinkered some of our support are.

You, by your own words, class this season a remarkable achievement for Gerrard so I think the standards slipped patter is fair enough in this instance.

Blinkered indeed, blinkered by Gerrards standing in the game and our early season performances.

At this stage 4/10 for me, started good in Europe but we really should have took more from the games against a poor Spartak, that cost us in the end. 

Our league form has been inconsistent all season, highlight of that was obviously the old firm win. We were all buzzing for a few weeks after it during the winter break thinking we would strengthen and put up a serious challenge, the collapse since then has left me disappointed as fuck and the cups have been piss poor, to not even get to the semi final of the Scottish is dire.

A strong finish to the season and at least another win against the peados could put it up to 5 

Probably a 7 overall for me.

The European run was huge for us not only in terms of prestige and getting our name back out there but in terms of much needed finance. We massively over achieved IMO and competed with relative ease at a very decent level, so much so we were all really disappointed not to progress. The number of games however has probably caught up on us though.

The league is our bread and butter. That's where we will always be judged. In his first season it looks like we are going to be a safe, solid second, which I guess is an improvement on struggling and failing to finish second. It's not where we want to be but there's probably been progress to an extent. It's the hope that kills you though as we could have been in a much better position. We have thrown so many points away whilst the tarriers seem to get last minute goals every other week.

The domestic cups have been our biggest disappointment. There's no excuses here for me. A major failing IMO. 

The finance side has improved. The squad quality has improved. There will be debates on personnel however the likes of McGregor, Goldson, Arfield, Kent etc are upgrades on the likes of Fod, Martin, Holt, Herrera, Forrester etc. I think we've made more good signings than bad. I also think a number of our players have increased in value.

I think we are in a far better position than we were last season. Recruitment is imperative. We have to get that right and Gerrard and players have to learn from this season. I'm certainly more optimistic than pessimistic although the last few games have been really tough.

Probably around 5 to 6, going to round it up to a 6 because of one result on 29th December.

League position is probably what was realistic to expect at the start of the season but the tarriers gave us a chance we weren’t expecting and we blew it.

Cups were a big letdown.

Europe, getting into the groups was more than I expected, but I feel once there we could have done a bit better considering the teams we got.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You, by your own words, class this season a remarkable achievement for Gerrard so I think the standards slipped patter is fair enough in this instance.

Blinkered indeed, blinkered by Gerrards standing in the game and our early season performances.

I think it is remarkable given where we were last May. Its amazing how people tend to forget it to bolster an argument on line.

6 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

19 players and we are no better off. To blame player quality when he has been backed in the manner he has is laughable.

Im not advocating sacking him. But he needs a rocket just as much as the players. He’s not been good enough and it’s as much his fault - if not more - than the players. He should be under pressure going into next season because if the league has realistically slipped away before Christmas he should be gone.

And plenty experienced good managers with decent reputations would be interested in the Rangers job - to say otherwise is false.

Well seeing you are not a manager of any description. If by some miracle you are, you're taking money under false pretence and need sacked.

Then big picture, he goes, then watch King go straight out the fucking door with him and you will then see how shite we really will be sitting in the bottom six! If you seriously think King is going to throw good money after bad at some new fucking manager of mediocrity that we can only afford, then you are off your fucking head. 

Gerrard is King's man and from a business perspective Gerrard has excelled. Gerrard walks when HE decides to. There  will be no other with King at the helm unless Gerrard decides and you can take that to the bank.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think it is remarkable given where we were last May. Its amazing how people tend to forget it to bolster an argument on line.

We've overtook Aberdeen who lost Rooney, Mclean and Christie arguably their three best players, and done decent in Europe whilst fucking it up in the group. Hardly remarkable.

5/10

Pros

European run which massively helped our bottom line but more importantly went part of the way to increasing our profile to where it should belong.

Comfortably 2nd although is that ever a pro

Improvement of Morelos as a striker

Honours even this year in the old firm

Cons

Increased our wage bill considerably again meaning European involvement becomes a must or losses build up

Out of the cups with both to the sheep

Not improved a lot of the existing squad with the likes of Middleton and McCrorie moving out of the picture it seems. With the exception of  Morelos our most improved player could be Docherty who has been on loan all season

Very poor recruitment with the addition of 19 players even taking into consideration the loans too many especially those we paid money for don't look close to nailing a first team place down.

9 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Season over by 12th March and people giving him 7/8 is allowing standards to drop, don't know how anyone can say otherwise.

That'll be the same standards that the lunatics have in Tav being a captain and the best defender in the league, aye?!

I just lve the hypcrisy in here. It warms my heart and always good for some light entertainment.

:mutley:

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

That'll be the same standards that the lunatics have in Tav being a captain and the best defender in the league, aye?!

I just lve the hypcrisy in here. It warms my heart and always good for some light entertainment.

I'm probably Tav's biggest critic on this site so I'm not sure why you've quoted me here.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We've overtook Aberdeen who lost Rooney, Mclean and Christie arguably their three best players, and done decent in Europe whilst fucking it up in the group. Hardly remarkable.

we had no team and no manager in May. We have brought in more money than in many years in order to help us close the gap - this is directly attributable to Gerrard and the "decent euro run" (which was accomplish by a patchwork of players sometimes playing with each other for the first time). i don't think we can overstate how vital that cash is to us.

however, Im not going to keep making the same point though and think some of the comment on here are a disgrace. so I am out of this topic .

gerrard oot.

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

We finished 12 points behind last season, if we lose our next game which we will we will be 13 points behind.

'remarkable' lol

Biggest difference for me this season is last minute goals. We have lost probably around 8-10 points due to these where as celtic have gained around 15.

mentality is as much a difference as player quality imo. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

we had no team and no manager in May. We have brought in more money than in many years in order to help us close the gap - this is directly attributable to Gerrard and the "decent euro run" (which was accomplish by a patchwork of players sometimes playing with each other for the first time). i don't think we can overstate how vital that cash is to us.

however, Im not going to keep making the same point though and think some of the comment on here are a disgrace. so I am out of this topic .

gerrard oot.

It was known from the end of April Gerrard was manager, confirmed at the start of May, fair enough he started later. 

I agree, Gerrard out.

Big picture. Second in the league in first season and massively increased our turnover. A business success at this point.

Dave with a large smile on the face. Keep it up Steven, we are on a roll. 

All the rest, just fucking noise on the radar from the usual detractors.

Any detractor wanting change can always email Dave, I'm sure he will be listening, not!

With support like ours, who needs enemies.

I know I gave him 6/10 but really how do you measure disappointment?

ml of vodka consumed after matches?

the only way i think you can do it is;

end of year result - expectations = happiness factor

a positive happiness factor means... as you'd think... your expectations have been met or exceeded, a negative happiness factor means you're expectations have over-taken the result and you're pissed off

so given i didn't want gerrard at the start, but got caught up with most other people getting carried away with him + early European success, i think i'd have to give this season

aids/10

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Big picture. Second in the league in first season and massively increased our turnover. A business success at this point.

Dave with a large smile on the face. Keep it up Steven, we are on a roll. 

All the rest, just fucking noise on the radar from the usual detractors.

Any detractor wanting change can always email Dave, I'm sure he will be listening, not!

With support like ours, who needs enemies.

Genuine question so try and give me a genuine reply please.

Why is valid criticism unacceptable yet for years on here you dished out non stop personal abuse, and it wasn't criticism it was full on abuse, to everyone at the club?

Archived