Europa League dates

Billy1984

would be amazed if we managed to get as far this time. guess we'll just take it a game at a time.

i know it made us a bit of money this season but i think we really should not exhaust ourselves too much over this. we should be making the league absolute priority. i think we were a bit knackered after europe this season. need to get a strong start to league so we can put those cunts back in their place.

1 hour ago, BillyG91 said:

would be amazed if we managed to get as far this time. guess we'll just take it a game at a time.

i know it made us a bit of money this season but i think we really should not exhaust ourselves too much over this. we should be making the league absolute priority. i think we were a bit knackered after europe this season. need to get a strong start to league so we can put those cunts back in their place.

We said the same last season, took a minor miracle to get to the groups but we did it.  I agree to repeat that would be astonishing - I think we need a bit of luck in the draw.  Looking at it, it seems that we are likely to be seeded for the first round (and second if we get there).  

8 hours ago, chris182 said:

We said the same last season, took a minor miracle to get to the groups but we did it.  I agree to repeat that would be astonishing - I think we need a bit of luck in the draw.  Looking at it, it seems that we are likely to be seeded for the first round (and second if we get there).  

The third qualifying round is were it will begin to get harder if we get that far, Maribor was a difficult test in the 3rd round but it was probably the best draw out of the possible teams we could have got if I remember correctly.

Also getting UFA in the playoffs was another piece of luck and we will need that again this season if we are to progress to the groups, I just hope next season SG doesn't start rotating the team to prepare for Europe, if anything we should be starting a weakened team in Europe and keeping our best squad for the League if it is going to effect us like last season.

How likely are we to be seeded for the latter qualifying rounds or is that going to be heavily dependent on who we beat earlier on? 

Bit of luck in the latter round draws (should we get there) avoiding the top tier teams that will likely appear and no reason we can't get into the groups again. That said, upsets happen in qualifying rounds all the time.

Couple of draws against villareal, had it been knockout rounds we would have went through against them. Granted, league plays a completely different context to knockout rounds. But shows we shouldn't fear whoever we get.