Rangers Provide Scotland Support With More Fans Than celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Where did you buy a ticket for ?   Scum games were easy enough to get tickets even finals and at the beggerdome there were even pay in gates  £2 for a child £4 an adult unless you went to the main stand as we got part of that also,and as I said we changed the season ticket system the season after Souness arrived as that's when we were all allocated seats as seasontickets went through the roof and was the only way of doing it  

I don't doubt your loyalty but I never needed Mr Souness or any cunt to go to Ibrox to attend,   I walked down the street through all the tims I knew week in week out when we were shite and took dogs abuse but I still went as that's what you do, and my da always said those daft cunts only go to celtic park as the can't afford the bus fare to Ibrox 🤣👍

I remember our first game against the filth under Souness , Cooper makes a cunt of Aitken and slipped in Durrant and we done them, and all the tims could say was you could only score 1, but what most fans forget is we scored 7 against tarriers at Ibrox the season before Souness arrived, we beat them 3-0 and drew 4-4..

The game changer was when we beat them in the league cup final in Souness's first seasonas we had the measure of them after that.

St Johnston  were in the top flight 83/84  when we were probably at our lowest point as I thought honestly we would never win the league  as 84/85 was just as bad the same with as 85-86.

If someone had told me then we would win the league 86-87 before Souness and the big names came I would have pissed myself laughing and if theysaud we would win 9 out the next 10 titles I would have got them sectioned   

I went to as many games as I could before I had the season ticket - when I was younger I was kinda restricted travel wise as I came from Blairgowrie and Glasgow was a trek (and i was a young lad ) so only really went to see Rangers play in Dundee or Perth - then I was in the Army for just under 7 years so again travel was difficult.  Souness was NOT why I bought my season ticket - it just coincided with WHEN it made sense to get one.

My first 10 years of the season ticket were exceptional though - Cup Finals and League winning days a plenty. Some of those highlights were exceptional, Laudrup's header, Gascoigne's hat trick, Leeds at Home!  Mind you plenty of highlights for the first 25 years of having the season ticket - less so recently but the glory days are not far away again! 

Ibrox was no bad to get to for me , but it was Hampden that was bloody murder, I walked it from parkhead 3 times against Hibs in a few days  1978/79 season  and I was fucking dead on my feet as a 9 year old  standing  the full game and then home,  I remember after the second game I had all but given up on football and the 3rd game it pissed down on the way there , the game went to extra time  we won 3-2 and I got to see the cup close up from behind the big fence the had up then.  On the way home I got a bag of chips  and was delighted but feet fucked from walking.

Hated hampden with good reason and then my da decides to take me to a few Scotland games 🤣

7 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Ibrox was no bad to get to for me , but it was Hampden that was bloody murder, I walked it from parkhead 3 times against Hibs in a few days  1978/79 season  and I was fucking dead on my feet as a 9 year old  standing  the full game and then home,  I remember after the second game I had all but given up on football and the 3rd game it pissed down on the way there , the game went to extra time  we won 3-2 and I got to see the cup close up from behind the big fence the had up then.  On the way home I got a bag of chips  and was delighted but feet fucked from walking.

Hated hampden with good reason and then my da decides to take me to a few Scotland games 🤣

My first Hampden Scotland game was vs Czechoslovakia (74?) we won 2-1 and first Rangers was vs Hearts (75?) we won 3-1 - both times traveled on busses from Blairgowrie - now here’s a story you’ll probably hate - the Scotland bus at that time was run by the local SNP group - and SO WAS THE Rangers BUS! ( changed days 😎) - it’s always been a nightmare to get to! 

Supporters of all persuasions used to put away what they could every pay day towards the bi-annual Wembley trip in the hope Scotland could defeat the auld enemy. Made it once and what an experience. Tremendous weekend.

Bears used to vastly outnumber any other club support at Scotland games. But it'll never be the same ever again. SFA mis-management of the game up here and the tartan army turning into tartan trannies jumping on the anti-Rangers bandwagon saw to that.