Warsaw Roll Call

islandblue

16 hours ago, Ozblue said:

The City centre takes in a fucking massive area to be fair. Warsaw is my second home, so I hope you enjoy your few days there. If you've never been to Warsaw previously and need any info, just give me a yell.

Pozdrawiamy i witamy w Warszawie (Greetings and welcome to Warsaw)  :guiness:

Can you translate that ? Crying wives crying children what’s the last part ? 

1E8FE069-1B50-4462-A99A-04A443580ADF.png

16 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

@Ozblue what does this translate as. I assume they're right up for playing us

IMG-20190818-WA0001.jpg

Oh they are right up for playing us and believe thy will go through on away goals= 0-0 in Warsaw, 1-1 at Ibrox. Yea, the sign basically means The wives are crying,  the children are crying, we are all going to Glasgow on 29th August. It's an old Polish Rhyme, except for the Glasgow bit. I believe we are the better squad but our players will need nerves of steel in that ground. I have been in football stadiums around the world but I've never been in one as noisy and intimidating as  Łazienkowska 3.

17 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Someone on twitter said glasses will fly in Glasgow is the last part but no what am getting on google. Scenes when all the local poles here take all the tickets. 

No, mate, that's not what it means at all. The only glasses will be empty Vodka ones. There might be plenty pyro though because the lads from the Zyleta couldn't give a fuck what UEFA say. As far as the local Poles taking all the tickets, there's not one Pole who lived outside Warsaw that will be supporting Legia, because they are the "Rangers of Poland" in that every other club hate them with a passion.

26 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

No, mate, that's not what it means at all. The only glasses will be empty Vodka ones. There might be plenty pyro though because the lads from the Zyleta couldn't give a fuck what UEFA say. As far as the local Poles taking all the tickets, there's not one Pole who lived outside Warsaw that will be supporting Legia, because they are the "Rangers of Poland" in that every other club hate them with a passion.

what is the correct translation ?  Never mind seen the post above. 

A mean folk that have moved over to Scotland getting tickets in the away end, boy in my school supported Legia. 

3 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

what is the correct translation ?  Never mind seen the post above. 

A mean folk that have moved over to Scotland getting tickets in the away end, boy in my school supported Legia. 

I know what you mean,Ryan, but I can assure you if you are not a Legia supporter then getting a ticket for the away end is suicide. It's like being a tarriers  fan in among the bears in the Copland when the scum come to Ibrox. :justno: Definitely not a good career move.

6 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Can't wait for this, hopefully we can grab a couple goals.

Had a nosey on the Legia forums and they seem relatively confident also. They see our defence as being weak but attack very good, they may be in for a shock.

They're definitely confident of a result, but a lot are pissed off because a lot of regular fans who attend every game can't get tickets for their home leg, while the "silvertails" who only attend one or teo games a season have got tickets, so it seems that their ticket allocation sold out very quickly.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

They're definitely confident of a result, but a lot are pissed off because a lot of regular fans who attend every game can't get tickets for their home leg, while the "silvertails" who only attend one or teo games a season have got tickets, so it seems that their ticket allocation sold out very quickly.

Seems to be a lot of UK based Poles trying to get tickets for the away leg also.

Atmosphere is going to be frightening in both legs.

17 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Seems to be a lot of UK based Poles trying to get tickets for the away leg also.

Atmosphere is going to be frightening in both legs.

If they are from Warsaw they will definitely be trying to get tickets for Łazienkowska 3, but I don't fancy their chances unless they are members of the Legia supporters club. Even for normal Ekstraklasa league games you have to to register with the club office and show an I.D. such as your drivers licence and your address in Poland to be photo copied before you are given a ticket for the match. You are then scanned and searched before you are let through the gates.

I would seriously advise anybody who has a ticket, to take a scarf to put over your face, because when the the ultras from the Zyleta stand crank up their pyro, you will be lucky to see half the ground with the smoke and it will choke you if the wind is blowing from the North.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Some laugh fae the ticket office. 

In the now picking up mine and anothers. 

Couldn’t pick up the others even though I have the travel club card, passport, email confirmation to my email and the money came out my bank. 

Absolute waste of time that place it really fucking is

Ffs, how you going mate? Not making this one either 🙁

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Some laugh fae the ticket office. 

In the now picking up mine and anothers. 

Couldn’t pick up the others even though I have the travel club card, passport, email confirmation to my email and the money came out my bank. 

Absolute waste of time that place it really fucking is

It seems over the top but have they not always stipulated collection is in person with suitable ID whether collection is here or abroad?