Should tav step down from the penalties

Smile

Should we bin tav from the penalties  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bin tav from the penalties

10 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Hahaha just testing the waters. They think they're the only jokers in this village:) 

PS..My notifications are switched off so I don't chew on these reactions anymore :lol:

I wasn’t trying to get a rise out of you, i’d have posted that reply to anybody. I just thought it was ironically amusing how you suggested Davis and then minutes later he takes one of the worst penalties I’ve ever seen.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I don't think it should be down to just strikers,  but do feel Tav should have a rest from it.  I do feel he will get it back, but his mojo has been lacking spirit lately. Give some of the other guys a go. Barisic or Davis even? 

Barisic great shout.. 

On 17/11/2019 at 00:43, bluenose48 said:

Taking penalties has nothing to do with the position you play in. Its all to do with confidence and ability.

When you are knocking them in its all good but if you miss a couple or the keeper saves a couple you start to question yourself.

Tav has been brilliant but has missed a couple recently give him a break from the responsibility and he will bounce back.

I agree it's a different skill from being a striker in open play, it's just difficult sometimes to accept your main striker - the guy who should be used to burying the ball in the back of the net - doesn't have more of a skill base for taking penalties than a fullback. :lol:

I understand it of course, but I've always found it quite strange.

Archived