Sone Aluko

Bossorange

5 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I'll never forget it mate. What a solo effort. I'll never forget this image either

image.thumb.png.410d1e2238a7ec38e3e9f0816736a5c3.png

I also loved Lee Wallace's goal, such a beautifully weighted pass from Davis after holding the ball for just the right amount of time, then a good finish. The sight of Wallace racing to the crowd with his arms in the air and the head back is an enduring image as well, it summed up the occasion nicely.

Fucking superb!!!!!!!๐Ÿ’™

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dee9 said:

Tam....I hope so mate...ur a top man๐Ÿ‘

Where you from?

Clydebank these days, Renfrew as a wee guy before family uprooted to south east England in 1978 when I was 5. Had a great proper Presbyterian upbringing thanks to my grandad and my mum. Plus the hatred wasnโ€™t hard to have given that Eastbourne is full of fenian bastards ha ha 9iar years was truly glorious ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

5 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Great photo mate, and the Wallace photo of him showing pure joyous emotion after his goal that day is truly iconicย 

Thereโ€™s a photo of Wallace celebrating that goal thatโ€™s been my lock screen on my phone ever since then. Mental to think that it was seven years ago now :lol:

ย 

7557B2A9-10E2-4C03-9BA6-299B124A7BF3.png

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Great photo mate, and the Wallace photo of him showing pure joyous emotion after his goal that day is truly iconicย 

It's funny how a goal against them can immortalise a player. Edu is a great example, he was a hero at that moment in time and the fans will remember him for that. Not that we would forget about him but you know what I mean.

When Iย think of Jelavic Iย think of that goal in the League Cup semi. Especially since it was such a dramatic goal: quick thinking free kick from Weiss, lung bursting run for Jela to get in front of the defender, last gasp stretch, gets a touch, ball rolls towards the post, everyone watches intensely as it hits the post runs along the line and finally into the net.

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

It's funny how a goal against them can immortalise a player. Edu is a great example, he was a hero at that moment in time and the fans will remember him for that. Not that we would forget about him but you know what I mean.

When Iย think of Jelavic Iย think of that goal in the League Cup semi. Especially since it was such a dramatic goal: quick thinking free kick from Weiss, lung bursting run for Jela to get in front of the defender, last gasp stretch, gets a touch, ball rolls towards the post, everyone watches intensely as it hits the post runs along the line and finally into the net.

Definitely mate, but to be fair a goal against them, especially a winner is just about as good as it gets lol.ย 
funny thing with Jelavic, the amount of stunning goals he scored the one I remember most is the one at hampden in the cup final that hit both posts and barely crossed the line. Remember everycunt singing โ€œthe balls a fucking prodyโ€ ha ha great times.ย 
with Edu my favourite moment was the last minute scramble in Lisbon, lost my phone over the top tier when that goal went on ha haย 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Definitely mate, but to be fair a goal against them, especially a winner is just about as good as it gets lol.ย 
funny thing with Jelavic, the amount of stunning goals he scored the one I remember most is the one at hampden in the cup final that hit both posts and barely crossed the line. Remember everycunt singing โ€œthe balls a fucking prodyโ€ ha ha great times.ย 
with Edu my favourite moment was the last minute scramble in Lisbon, lost my phone over the top tier when that goal went on ha haย 

That's the Jelavic goal I meant yeah, meant to say cup final not semi. If I was going to shoot a scene for some football drama film where a striker scores the most dramatic goal possible, that one would do nicely!

Hoping history will repeat itself this season in that same competition, Alfredo getting his big moment. He must want that so bad and he would fucking deserve it.

Just now, RockwellGers said:

That's the Jelavic goal I meant yeah, meant to say cup final not semi. If I was going to shoot a scene for some football drama film where a striker scores the most dramatic goal possible, that one would do nicely!

Hoping history will repeat itself this season in that same competition, Alfredo getting his big moment. He must want that so bad and he would fucking deserve it.

Law of averages says heโ€™s got to score against them this season, heโ€™s so much better than last season and if he keeps the head he will totally boss their defence all day, they literally couldnโ€™t live with him, if we turn up and get it right, give him the chances Iโ€™ve no doubt this will be his final.ย 
our defence is looking solid now, Barasic is now the player we hoped weโ€™d see, Tav is coming out of his bad run of form and jack and Davis are just superb together in midfield we have every right to go into this game feeling itโ€™s ours to take. Kent also gives them the fear and should be totally up to speed now, stay injury free until the 8th and I believe weโ€™re the better team.ย 

10 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Uddingston tam mate......work with a lad from clydebank but hes a tarrierย 

ย 

This is our season๐Ÿ’™

Itโ€™s funny mate, as much as itโ€™s supposed to be a fenian stronghold, there are more bears here than I thought a few years back, my wee street is more us than them, the woman at the bottom of the street sits 6 seats away from me and the wife ha ha never even knew she lived there till she spoke to us one day at half time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ itโ€™s heartwarming to see more and more Rangers tips about the last couple of seasons especially the young guys.ย 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Law of averages says heโ€™s got to score against them this season, heโ€™s so much better than last season and if he keeps the head he will totally boss their defence all day, they literally couldnโ€™t live with him, if we turn up and get it right, give him the chances Iโ€™ve no doubt this will be his final.ย 
our defence is looking solid now, Barasic is now the player we hoped weโ€™d see, Tav is coming out of his bad run of form and jack and Davis are just superb together in midfield we have every right to go into this game feeling itโ€™s ours to take. Kent also gives them the fear and should be totally up to speed now, stay injury free until the 8th and I believe weโ€™re the better team.ย 

Agree, there's nothing to stop Morelos scoring against them. After what we've seen him do against Porto and the trouble he's caused virtually every side, plus his big improvement from last season as you say. He just switches off during confrontations now, turns away, so he must be a great bet to score against them.

Barasic is flying just now and it's so great to see that, the fans love for him must have him walking on air and enjoying his football too. Jack and Davis are so fucking solid. Kent has gone up a gear recently, he's got a good few still to go too. I actually fancy him to score against them. Either Kent scores, Kent sets up Morelos, or Barasic sets up Morelos. Having said that the goals could come from almost anywhere based on what we've seen, and that also is a great sign.

3 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Agree, there's nothing to stop Morelos scoring against them. After what we've seen him do against Porto and the trouble he's caused virtually every side, plus his big improvement from last season as you say. He just switches off during confrontations now, turns away, so he must be a great bet to score against them.

Barasic is flying just now and it's so great to see that, the fans love for him must have him walking on air and enjoying his football too. Jack and Davis are so fucking solid. Kent has gone up a gear recently, he's got a good few still to go too. I actually fancy him to score against them. Either Kent scores, Kent sets up Morelos, or Barasic sets up Morelos. Having said that the goals could come from almost anywhere based on what we've seen, and that also is a great sign.

Spot on mate, we literally have goals from every part of the pitch now, I firmly believe as long as we set up as we did for the last 3 games of last season against them we win, and potentially comfortably to, we should have beat them at the piggery even after going down to ten, in fact we became more dangerous after we had, two things cost us more than Morelos red, and the one that cost us most was Warralls ridiculous decision to back off and off and off from the half way line against the overrated french fucker instead of smashing him on the halfway line and taking a booking. Iโ€™ll never understand the reasoning as to why modern centre halves back off the way they do, especially in two v one situations, fuck me surely they donโ€™t get that instructed, youโ€™d think one would go to the ball/man. Tavs mistake that day will be the one most remember but it was just unfortunate but costly but warrall was unforgivable for me.ย 

9 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

We were the perfect club for Aluko, reckon he'd have been excellent had the shit not hit the fan.

Just read that he had a trial at Juventus before he came to us, with other Serie A teams being interested as well. I wonder how much of that is true and also what happened there.ย 

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

She must be doing well because every time Iย try to Google Soneย I get results for her instead, despite using his first name. He must be raging being overshadowed on search engines by his big sister.

She played for England I believe, many times.ย 

Archived