Do we need to add or just retain?

Yermawsa

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Well I’ll tell you, Morelos is worth 20m minimum. You want to sign a striker who is better than him. Can you do the rest yourself?

So we need a 20 million striker to get 12 goals in the Spfl after 19 games?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gmcf said:

I'm not sure you'll get a top striker coming to stay on the bench , nor am I sure we have , or want , to spend a large sum of money until we get substantial moneys coming in , which would probably be when we sell Morelos himself . 

Ideally a promising younger player , happy to bide his time until either Morelos or Defoe go , ready to play in an emergency but right now learning to fit in the team . I often wonder if we should have gone for Shankland last season for that very reason . 

Morelos will hardly feature in January, we will just have Defoe who I rate but Gerrard picks and chooses games for him and if he gets injured all we have is Stewart.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

😂carry on mate, I’m out

Is it because you think it's mental to improve from a position of strength? or because you now think we need a 20 million pound player to score in the SPFL?

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The once-a-month anti-Morelos posts from the same poster. It's cringeworthy. I'm out anaw.

You were never in let's face it.

Explain to me why my posts are Anti-Morelos?  why do the kids say this to try to close down any discussion on threads.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Morelos will hardly feature in January, we will just have Defoe who I rate but Gerrard picks and chooses games for him and if he gets injured all we have is Stewart.

That's exactly why I think we need to get a striker in January , I'm just not sure we need spend substantial funds to what , hopefully , will be playing a minimum part . 

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

That's exactly why I think we need to get a striker in January , I'm just not sure we need spend substantial funds to what , hopefully , will be playing a minimum part . 

Commonsense at last we improve from a position of strength, lets face it look at the shite currently scoring a lot of goals in the SPFL, Edward, Cosgrove, Christie even got ten, none of these are 20 million pound players.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Because we have the best player in the country playing in that position :duh:

Your hatred for Morelos is honestly incredible. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Commonsense at last we improve from a position of strength, lets face it look at the shite currently scoring a lot of goals in the SPFL, Edward, Cosgrove, Christie even got ten, none of these are 20 million pound players.

I'm only looking for a back up striker right now . I think we'll spend big when we need one , but that won't be till Alfie goes . Let's be realistic here , we'll really only be able to afford a top notch striker with the funds Alfie brings in . 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Because we have the best player in the country playing in that position :duh:

Your hatred for Morelos is honestly incredible. 

Wheres the hatred about you will have to show me? or just post another spiderman picture it's what you do i guess.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The once-a-month anti-Morelos posts from the same poster. It's cringeworthy. I'm out anaw.

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

😂carry on mate, I’m out

I get what he's saying though,hypothetically say we were able to afford a striker maybe as a backup and let's say because Morelos is unavailable through suspensionn  and this backup starts banging in the goals do we drop him for Alfredo when he becomes available, or do we keep playing him and he continues to bang them in, like I said it's all hypothetical but if that scenario was to unfold what would you do then ?, I know what I'd do.

Just now, gmcf said:

I'm only looking for a back up striker right now . I think we'll spend big when we need one , but that won't be till Alfie goes . Let's be realistic here , we'll really only be able to afford a top notch striker with the funds Alfie brings in . 

I'm looking for the best we can get in every position too many on here don't want to see their favourites sitting out and are scared of them getting competition, which always helps players.

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

I get what he's saying though,hypothetically say we were able to afford a striker maybe as a backup and let's say because Morelos is unavailable through suspensionn  and this backup starts banging in the goals do we drop him for Alfredo when he becomes available, or do we keep playing him and he continues to bang them in, like I said it's all hypothetical but if that scenario was to unfold what would you do then ?, I know what I'd do.

Don't use commonsense on here you wasting your time.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Wheres the hatred about you will have to show me? or just post another spiderman picture it's what you do i guess.

"Gerrard picks and chooses games for Defoe". 

Is a nonsense statement to start with. 

Then you've said we need a striker to score against selik, despite the glaringly obvious that we beat them last weekend without a striker scoring, as we've done twice before under Gerrard. 

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

You were never in let's face it.

Explain to me why my posts are Anti-Morelos?  why do the kids say this to try to close down any discussion on threads.

Because you keep going on about the chances missed but never reply when I point out that I, and the rest of us old enough to remember, spent 14 years watching arguably our greatest goalscorer miss more than half the chances he had to score.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Wheres the hatred about you will have to show me?

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'm looking for the best we can get in every position too many on here don't want to see their favourites sitting out and are scared of them getting competition, which always helps players.

And there it is. 

You can't help yourself :lol:

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

There’s so much more to Morelos than goals. We’re not going to sign a better striker than him this month, I 100% guarantee it.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Morelos or Defoes obviously, do you not know who play as strikers for us? 

Bit we play with 1 striker, and were not switching to a 2 striker set up anytime soon. Kinda hard to mop up chances when you are 3rd choice.

Just now, lidorfc said:

Bit we play with 1 striker, and were not switching to a 2 striker set up anytime soon. Kinda hard to mop up chances when you are 3rd choice.

We can't play a suspended striker in January, say Defoe's injured. we do need a striker who can finish against the filth we do not have that yet.

Archived