Rangers TV - Problems

8 minutes ago, SJGF5 said:

Got a cancellation as well, a few days before I'm due to renew for the month (card is still active for ages and I reset the login as requested when they moved to the new platform). I had a quick look and noticed 2 things...

1) Rangers TV Monthly - Unlimited (hidden legacy £17.25) is shown as my sub type.

2) If I click the subscribe option the plan which seems to match what i have is showing for £24

Not sure if they've maybe found a bunch of people that were on the wrong sub pricing (RTV's fault) and handled it really badly by forcing a cancel. Or if they've got location based concerns. 

I'm on the same legacy pricing, sounds like the company we outsourced to wants to Jack the price up and the easiest way to get rid of all of us on the legacy price is to cancel our sub and make us resub under their new price plan.  Scummy as fuck if that is the case. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I'm on the same legacy pricing, sounds like the company we outsourced to wants to Jack the price up and the easiest way to get rid of all of us on the legacy price is to cancel our sub and make us resub under their new price plan.  Scummy as fuck if that is the case. 

Yeah. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment but it would not surprise me at all. I actually think it's probably worth the extra each month and would have probably accepted an increase if they had reached out in advance so to handle it like this, if that is what is going on, really isn't good.

Just now, chris182 said:

I didn't ask as I hadn't noticed anything untoward in the World Pay account. Are they still advertising at £17 a month or whatever it is?

No idea it was someone on this thread that mentioned it I just pay for a year at a time to save fucking about.

If they are raising the price by as much as was said then they should be going all out to improve the product. I have to turn the quality down or have regular buffering. Picture pixelates quite often too.

Don't mind paying but it can be quite frustrating at times.

10 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I didn't ask as I hadn't noticed anything untoward in the World Pay account. Are they still advertising at £17 a month or whatever it is?

I've gone back to the email they sent out in January and it says...

"As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal."

Maybe they are saying they can automatically import the existing WorldPay subscription details into a new card processor? If so, maybe existing customers would keep the £17 pricing rather than have the £24 that "new" customers would get. I'll see what happens on my account on the 9th when it is due to renew.

On 06/02/2020 at 20:25, Rob4th said:

I’ve got the standard package, paid the annual subscription which covers me up till  September and logged in last night to watch the full match after midnight only to get on screen message telling  me I don’t have access and inviting me to subscribe to RTV.  Still the same this morning. Can watch  the highlights and the clips of the goals but not the full match. Had nothing but problems ever since the so called upgrade. 

Yeh I had that issue as well and couldn't watch the match in full. I emailed RTV and to be fair they sorted it quickly

I also notice my sub has gone from 49 quid a year to 60...

Quick update. My monthly payment was taken, a day later than expected but for the £17 and not the £24. So that's good. I can't see any info on who they used to process the transaction but it seems to all be fine as far as access goes. (I still see the £24 option when I look  at the sub options.)

ive tried for hours to log into rtv,just getting no where

tried same user name same passwored that ive youst for 

years,just a waste of time.

1 hour ago, kingtom80 said:

I had the same problem a week or so back, I emailed RTV support and, to be fair, they sorted it out pretty quickly. Drop them a note via the website contact.

On 17/01/2020 at 23:16, harry handsome said:

I live in Australia and prefer to watch the games through the official club channel, it allows me to contribute to the club however, the quality of picture and continual buffering is horrible. I have started streaming games as the quality is better, not sure where the fault lies but its easier with a non paying site.

Any hints in how to resolve the RTV buffering issues welcome.

I get perfect quality and no buffering. The problem isnt always RTV, you know 😉

On 07/02/2020 at 18:46, Darth Bear said:

No idea it was someone on this thread that mentioned it I just pay for a year at a time to save fucking about.

If they are raising the price by as much as was said then they should be going all out to improve the product. I have to turn the quality down or have regular buffering. Picture pixelates quite often too.

Don't mind paying but it can be quite frustrating at times.

I dont get any of that. Perfect quality and no buffering.

25 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I dont get any of that. Perfect quality and no buffering.

I have no idea why it does it as I can stream movies ect in HD without problems. Beginning of the season was fine but as it's gone on I've had more problems. They are not major problems more of an annoyance. 

1 hour ago, kingtom80 said:

You need to use your email to log in now not your username. 

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

I have no idea why it does it as I can stream movies ect in HD without problems. Beginning of the season was fine but as it's gone on I've had more problems. They are not major problems more of an annoyance. 

Strange. Maybe someone more tech savvy can help you.

45 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Strange. Maybe someone more tech savvy can help you.

Son in law is a computer whiz kid works for IBM as a programmer and he reckons everything at my end is fine. 

No idea what the problem is but it does seem a bit hit and miss with who gets them and when they get them :dunno:

For anyone else wondering about the price increase or if indeed the £17.25 option is still available...

My subscription displayed as ‘legacy’ until the date  of my monthly payment (28th Jan)  when it was then terminated so had to sign up again.  I emailed to ask why I couldn’t see the £17.25 option and received this reply :-

Hi Bil,
The option is not available anymore, the £24 price has replaced the £17.25 fee. 
Regards
--
Dunc M
rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

cheers

Bil

1 hour ago, Darth Bear said:

Son in law is a computer whiz kid works for IBM as a programmer and he reckons everything at my end is fine. 

No idea what the problem is but it does seem a bit hit and miss with who gets them and when they get them :dunno:

Yea.. Sometimes during matches I see people complaining when my feed is absolutely pefect.

Archived