For anyone who thinks coin throwing is acceptable......

26 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I can't recall anyone on RM condoning this. Why would you ffs?

Is coin throwing a thing with our support? Don't think so. More of a thing with our haters.

There will always be idiots at football matches. If you see it, call it out and let the authorities and the club do their job.

We appear to be going on about something that is not in our DNA. An isolated event that should be roundly condemned.

We should not be beating ourselves up over something that is isolated and out of character for our support, like we have a major problem with it.

We don’t have a major problem ,there are others with far greater problems ,but we are all aware of the greater attention that is shown to any problem we ever have from our haters ,definitely makes us more sensitive 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Is coin throwing a thing with our support? Don't think so. More of a thing with our haters.

There will always be idiots at football matches. If you see it, call it out and let the authorities and the club do their job.

We appear to be going on about something that is not in our DNA. An isolated event that should be roundly condemned.

We should not be beating ourselves up over something that is isolated and out of character for our support, like we have a major problem with it.

To be fair mate we get caught throwing stuff just as much as any other club.  
Time it was cut out. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not condone it, but there will be those who seem more angry at 'grassing' a fellow fan than the actual action itself.

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

To be fair mate we get caught throwing stuff just as much as any other club.  
Time it was cut out. 

Of course it needs cut out, butTBH, I've never really noticed. Last time I remember was the paper balls from BF1. Other than that, all the incidents against our players.

childish attitude throwing stuff at folk no matter what other teams fans do we should rise above it, do they throw coins at their burd if shes taking ages wi her makeup? or start pelting the staff at mcdonalds wi coins coz their burger arrives a bit late?, some goalie timewasting shouldnt be getting folk so riled up that they need to throw stuff and get the club into trouble, we are in enough trouble at the minute, plus mcgregor regularly timewastes at the end of games we are winning,  what goes around comes around and the very few mindless morons need to realise that.

2 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Good job some of these snowflakes weren't about in the 70s when the bottles were flying back and forth

Aye, and some of them had a few drops of alcohol in them, but  ninety nine times  out of  a  hundred  it was Pish in them. 

14 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Good job some of these snowflakes weren't about in the 70s when the bottles were flying back and forth

Remember sitting in the Centenary stand with my da, George Best was playing for hibs, he was taking a throw in right in front of us when a wine bottle landed right next to him, he never even bothered his arse :lol:

2 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Remember sitting in the Centenary stand with my da, George Best was playing for hibs, he was taking a throw in right in front of us when a wine bottle landed right next to him, he never even bothered his arse :lol:

Don't believe that for a minute.

He would have stuck his tongue down the neck of it.

34 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

I and many others condemned it back then too. Stupid cunts who were very likely to be pissed out their heads, throwing big eldorado bottles and  cans on to their fellow fans, sometimes there were fights between the different "Derrys" at the back of the Copland Road Terrace, the likes of the Partick Derry, the Springburn Derry, and the Drumchapel Derry all getting in to fights with each other at big games and lobbing bottles and cans at each other. Police were reluctant and too outnumbered to sort it out , they'd wait till it settled down then go into the terrace to arrest a few of the nutters.  100s of arrests and a few really nasty injuries were the norm for Old Firm games then.

On the Sunday the papers would report the game and there would be a wee paragraph in the corner  of the page saying a few hundred had been arrested on Breach Of The Peace Charges, had spent a night or two in jail and were up at Govan Court on the Monday.

No matter how angry a fan was, there was no way a bottle or can was ever going to hit the opposition at the other end of the pitch. 

Other madness I saw was a Gers fan at Kilmarnock back in 75, he was stood in front of me  next and kept flicking stuff at Kilmarnock players taking throw ins etc. Had a closer look and it was small bits of glass probably from as shattered schooner glass nicked out the pub. As a teenager I didn't have the balls or backup to pull him up. Obviously pycho,

Then there were the football specials where the light bulbs were taken out and thrown out the window to hit innocent random people on the platforms as we passed through Falkirk and the like going to Dundee or Edinburgh. by mad cunt pissed up. 

These days however we can't blame alcohol for this, just seems to be a psychotic few amongst the support now. Need them to be weeded out and banned sine die.

Archived