The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Klopp wasn't asked a question in a presser. He had his name put to a prepared statement and published on their website. He likely never even saw it until it came to him to OK. 

Awch come on to fuck, did any other clubs even have a presser today? He will have been briefed on his response prior to the presser! Zero class about the response considering what’s going on & also falling in line with what his captain had spouted previously. 

I have no doubt that we would be looking for the same outcome in their position however I would hope we would deal with the situation with a bit more decorum.

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Awch come on to fuck, did any other clubs even have a presser today? He will have been briefed on his response prior to the presser! Zero class about the response considering what’s going on & also falling in line with what his captain had spouted previously. 

I have no doubt that we would be looking for the same outcome in their position however I would hope we would deal with the situation with a bit more decorum.

I think Motherwell had theirs today too but not certain. 

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He could've, but they'd have just kept asking. 

Why would they press on with a press conference for a game that was no longer gong ahead? Everyone would surely have understood if they cancelled their press conference in light of the breaking news. 

With the press conference going ahead though, he would surely have known what questions he was going to be asked. He's also quite the character. If Lennon doesn't want to answer a question he won't. The press could ask them as many times as they wanted but i'm sure Lennon is more than capable of shutting them down, if he wanted to. 

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Yup. Car crash. Still don't know why he done a press conference for a game not going ahead.

Everyone in the world is showing concern and empathy. They're greeting about a title that's not theirs.

They are shameless mate, all they are concerned about is another tainted title. :duh:

Just now, tomger said:

I thought this was a Rangers fan forum 🤷

Are you knew here ,it is a Rangers forum ,but there is a certain amount of infestation ,I don’t believe Dude is one he just plays devils advocate too much some times 

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Why would they press on with a press conference for a game that was no longer gong ahead? Everyone would surely have understood if they cancelled their press conference in light of the breaking news. 

With the press conference going ahead though, he would surely have known what questions he was going to be asked. He's also quite the character. If Lennon doesn't want to answer a question he won't. The press could ask them as many times as they wanted but i'm sure Lennon is more than capable of shutting them down, if he wanted to. 

Because by doing that they'll have stopped journos contacting them for comment throughout the day. Personally, I'd have pulled it and out a stock answer out but they've taken the chance to control the narrative a bit. 

I've had various folk from clubs on the phone all day today trying to get an idea of what the fuck is actually going on.  Rangers will had people contacting them all day looking for comments from people. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because by doing that they'll have stopped journos contacting them for comment throughout the day. Personally, I'd have pulled it and out a stock answer out but they've taken the chance to control the narrative a bit. 

I've had various folk from clubs on the phone all day today trying to get an idea of what the fuck is actually going on.  Rangers will had people contacting them all day looking for comments from people. 

Exactly the point no? Their narrative being they want the title regardless of anything else going on in the world! 

Just now, The Dude said:

Nah. Managed to go under the radar for eight years until you rumbled me today. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Nah. Managed to go under the radar for eight years until you rumbled me today. 

So your answer was no?

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Exactly the point no? Their narrative being they want the title regardless of anything else going on in the world! 

The world hasn't stopped (yet) and it's fairly natural that he'd have been asked that. I spent ten minutes talking about similar the other day with the Falkirk manager because they are a point off Raith at the top of the table. 

Totally appreciate everything else that's going on but if I'm at a presser, it's my job to ask questions. I've not seen Lennon full one from earlier but they'll have chosen to put that bit out fine well knowing it's the bit that was going to get the biggest reaction. 

Archived