Ferguson and Dykes

Just now, GOAT said:

We need one more, two if Morelos goes.

If Morelos stays, I'd be happy if we signed both Dykes and Kamberi to bolster that department (said at the time I thought it was a big mistake giving Defoe a permanent contract on God-knows how much a week) and then we could frontload our budget onto a couple of top drawer central midfielders.

Do that, along with Hagi's signing (in addition to the St Mirren goalkeeper coming as back-up) and I think that would be a good transfer window, overall.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Broxi said:

Well you can't have Morelos who is a liability, Defoe who is too old and Dykes who isn't that good but something different all at the club to the point where you need to sign another two players on top of them :lol:

You get rid a player you can't trust or you don't sign Dykes. I vote for don't sign Dykes

You asked for a reason and you got it. So shut it.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

I wanted 4. If we sign Dykes I'd make that 5. With the inclusion of Dykes it would have to be a striker who could play up top or out wide as an inside forward (Naismith, Lafferty, Novo for example). 

We need options and variety up top and I'm personally not so comfortable relying on Dykes if Morelos or Defoe were out.

I was already arguing the other day about someone seeing we needed 4 strikers I'm definitely not having 5 :lol: madness

The bold part suggests that we shouldn't sign him then. Or we should get rid of one of Morelos or Defoe. Defoe won't leave and we will need someone to bid for Morelos for him to go.

All we need is one more quality striker. None of this Dykes or none of this 3 extra players nonsense 

15 minutes ago, The Beast said:

This

We have no plan B for teams who are hard to break down atm, Morelos is a decent header of the ball but he's far from a target man type.   Dykes can also play a bit with the ball at his feet as well. 

The last no-brainer striker we didn't sign was Shankland and I we could have done with him last season

Dykes would be a great addition to the squad.

Does Gerrard know a plan B? Great having an option on the bench to change the setup of how we play but useless if a manager doesn't know how or doesn't want to change the play.

Just now, Broxi said:

You weren't even part of the conversation ya weapon

I gave you a reason back

I shared with you what I reckon his reasons could be, but as usual you scoffed at them cos you don't agree. What you know about football you could probably write down on the back of a stamp anyways.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I shared with you what I reckon his reasons could be, but as usual you scoffed at them cos you don't agree. What you know about football you could probably write down on the back of a stamp anyways.

And I shared my reasons back

This is literally the second time you've done this today. You tell me to shut it and I'm the one who's scoffing :lol:

I reckon Ferguson is a good player with potential. I think if we don’t move for him in this window, he will end up going down south in a year or so. Then there’s no chance of getting him. 

our midfield can be a bit lightweight at times, I think he’d help in that aspect but can also play.

id like him signed at the right price. But what price would that be? 
is £2m increased to 3 with add ons what the sheep would sell for? 

45 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Again I'm expecting the firing squad, but depending on price, I hope the Dykes rumour has some truth in it.

Defo not a replacement for Morelos. No way. But an option alongside Morelos or something different upfront with muscle to mix things up if we're struggling? sure thing. Give me him. 

I'm still wary of what the cost would be if it's true. A couple of weeks ago they quoted 2-million which is pie in the sky stuff - but they're entitled to ask that as a starting point and then see where it goes.

500k or less I'd be OK with....... and only OK with it if these are little pieces of the jigsaw with the 2 or 3 top signings to enhance our XI outright to come.

If the price was right I would like us to sign him too.

He works hard, puts himself about, would give us a threat in the air that we don’t currently have and a real plan b that we don’t currently have either.

Plus he’s at an age where he can still get better by playing with better players and with better coaching too.

10 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I was already arguing the other day about someone seeing we needed 4 strikers I'm definitely not having 5 :lol: madness

The bold part suggests that we shouldn't sign him then. Or we should get rid of one of Morelos or Defoe. Defoe won't leave and we will need someone to bid for Morelos for him to go.

All we need is one more quality striker. None of this Dykes or none of this 3 extra players nonsense 

By 5 I mean 4 centre forwards and 1 inside forward who would be able to also play in the centre.

With one up top I'd be worried if we signed Dykes and just had him behind Morelos and Defoe. I'm sure you'd agree? I also think we'd be much better off using Defoe in a two with Dykes or someone else and as we already know it wont be Morelos up top in a two. Therefore, imo, another striker needed after Morelos, Defoe and Dykes.

In the 5 I'd be willing to include Kent as he seems to be more of a goal threat than a creative threat and use him out wide to supplement Morelos especially with Hagi seemingly much more creative than Kent.

You're probably being more realistic than me by looking at the managers system rather than me pointing out what I think we need to win the league. You might have more faith in our midfielders to help catch up the 25 goal deficit to celtic than I do as well. Not ignoring your quality striker needed point as well!

We lost the league because of goals and we've won every title this side of the millenium because of variety up front.

Just now, bluenoz said:

There is more truth to Fekir than these two. Possibly Ferguson but no chance on Dykes.

Dykes is not good enough and I do not believe Lewis is as good as his dad and uncle. 

I'm iffy with Ferguson.

Have we actually been linked anywhere with Fekir mate or is it just talk between people on here? he looked a good player at one point but he went on loan and never really hit the heights from what I gather.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Have we actually been linked anywhere with Fekir mate or is it just talk between people on here? he looked a good player at one point but he went on loan and never really hit the heights from what I gather.

Exactly. There is no link to Fekir, just like there is little to these two. 

As a player, I say no to Fergie but his blood speaks volumes so I may be wrong. I've been in Barry's company a few times and he gets it. You can see it in his eyes. 

Like everyone else, I don't understand his DR articles but we need his like.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Exactly. There is no link to Fekir, just like there is little to these two. 

As a player, I say no to Fergie but his blood speaks volumes so I may be wrong. I've been in Barry's company a few times and he gets it. You can see it in his eyes. 

Like everyone else, I don't understand his DR articles but we need his like.

You can see it in his eyes, but his hawns type a lot of pish when it comes to the articles he submits for his rhag. He's a celtic/SPFL/Scotland cheerleader. 

What I'd give for a Barry Ferguson in our midfield just now tho (even the one that came back from Blackburn) 

I disagree tho that there's little substance to these two players. I can't prove it as I've had no contacts confirm it to me, but I'd honestly be amazed if there wasn't some substance to these two mate.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

You can see it in his eyes, but his hawns type a lot of pish when it comes to the articles he submits for his rhag. He's a celtic/SPFL/Scotland cheerleader. 

What I'd give for a Barry Ferguson in our midfield just now tho (even the one that came back from Blackburn) 

I disagree tho that there's little substance to these two players. I can't prove it as I've had no contacts confirm it to me, but I'd honestly be amazed if there wasn't some substance to these two mate.

The question is - Does Lewis Ferguson have the make-up his father and uncle had? Let's not forget, Derek Ferguson was a fantastic player.

If we had Souness next to Hagi & Aribo, we win the league by 10 points. 

That person is the missing ingredient to Gerrard's success.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The question is - Does Lewis Ferguson have the make-up his father and uncle had? Let's not forget, Derek Ferguson was a fantastic player.

If we had Souness next to Hagi & Aribo, we win the league by 10 points. 

That person is the missing ingredient to Gerrard's success.

I think he might tbh. I obviously can't say for sure, it is a bit of a risk because he's young and been playing for Aberdeen but I see him as someone with a bit of steel and bite.

I agree that type (whoever it turns out to be or is) is the missing ingredient, or the main missing ingredient because we need someone who can chip in with goals from midfield and better forward options also.

Archived