Ferguson and Dykes

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

It seems madness to me we may be going for dykes, when in all their cost cutting cosgrove is there at Aberdeen even if he would cost a bit extra, has that physical threat and his record speaks for itself. 87 apps, 44 goals and 8 assists

I would take Cosgrove over Dykes anyday. Think the sheep would outprice us on him though.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I would take Cosgrove over Dykes anyday. Think the sheep would outprice us on him though.

I’m not fussed tbh, I don’t see either as a starter. As a backup, they’d both do.

He’s another who’s managed to score against the scum.

9 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

It seems madness to me we may be going for dykes, when in all their cost cutting cosgrove is there at Aberdeen even if he would cost a bit extra, has that physical threat and his record speaks for itself. 87 apps, 44 goals and 8 assists

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Although Cosgrove has scored a fair amount of goals, a big number of them have been pens. Also  outside of his goals he is a god awful footballer and I think Dykes/Kamberi would offer us a hell of a lot more in terms of link up play and assists as well as goals.

Plus he'd get sent off for fun and the Sheep will want way more money than what he's worth.

Dykes would be a decent option up against the likes of Aberdeen, Motherwell etc, or in cup games against shite. As a first, or even second choice striker, that's a grim thought tbh.

Defoe should be our third choice, with a new striker good enough to compete with Morelos (if he stays) for the number one spot, imo.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

But he's not even close to being like morelos, defoe at 37 is still an absolute athlete as he proved, but as a lone striker he'd have been just as pointless, that is down to gerrard trying to make square pegs fit into round holes

Agreed. Defoe could bag us a ton of goals, still, if he's got a partner up beside him. Jermain Defoe ffs. He's nowhere near finished. 

7 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

His brother posts on here under the name @Sket and he says medical booked in for Thursday.

That is correct mate. He'll be getting slide tackled on Thursday morning so he fails.

You are all welcome.

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Don’t believe their is any interest in Dykes at the moment. Might change as things progress but certainly not a priority 

His agent is the one planting stories in the press. 

When is Dorsch signing for £2-3m from Europe

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just waiting on the cash from selling Alnwick to St Mirren today 😁

£1m I'm hearing mate, lower fee because apparently his contract wasn't that long

People all talking about new strikers or midfielders. I'd like to think that Gerrard would be going all out to get a leader and captain into the team. Gerrard would be making a huge mistake going into the new season with Tav still as captain. The role is just to big for him. 

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Aye, agreed. I'd still be looking for 20 for Morelos, I don't care if folk disagree or think he's not worth it - I'd be saying that's the price, if we don't get it then he stays.

agree 100% 

43 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

People all talking about new strikers or midfielders. I'd like to think that Gerrard would be going all out to get a leader and captain into the team. Gerrard would be making a huge mistake going into the new season with Tav still as captain. The rolls just to big for him. 

Anyone that thinks he’s striping Tav of the armband needs a reality check. 

Just now, SPWF said:

Anyone that thinks he’s striping Tav of the armband needs a reality check. 

Leaders don’t need the arm band to lead. If they do the they’re not a proper leader. 

I’m hopeful we sign a proper quality CM to lead this team, arm band or not. 

Archived