Ferguson and Dykes

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some daft Rangers blogger just released an ‘exclusive’.

dykes has signed his source.....wait for it...his pals dugs real da’s sons ma and da stays in the same street as dykes ma and da or some shite like that. 🙈

9 minutes ago, Always Rangers said:

Probably that stupid player profile thing of Dykes on the Rangers website that’s floating about even though we have one of every player we play against including the Tarriers. 

I despair at times.  

9 minutes ago, Always Rangers said:

Probably that stupid player profile thing of Dykes on the Rangers website that’s floating about even though we have one of every player we play against including the Tarriers. 

Hopefully 😂😂

Dunno why some folk have a hard on for Dykes, had about 4 good games against us and the taigs but you could literally say that about Gogic from Hamilton 😂

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Bingo, we play a system where crosses are a plenty, why not have the option of a big brute burly, fuck you, type of striker that will knock fuck out of the opposition defences

It’s fucking lunacy playing the crossing game we do without a big strong cf who can put himself about, the crosses just end up wasted. As has been said he doesn’t need to be the best player, just have the right strengths to offer us something different when needed and to compliment the way Gerrard seems to like us to play.

Would take Dykes and Ferguson as long as the price is right, Ferguson would be an improvement on any one of Davis, Kamara or Arfield.

13 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

It’s fucking lunacy playing the crossing game we do without a big strong cf who can put himself about, the crosses just end up wasted. As has been said he doesn’t need to be the best player, just have the right strengths to offer us something different when needed and to compliment the way Gerrard seems to like us to play.

Would take Dykes and Ferguson as long as the price is right, Ferguson would be an improvement on any one of Davis, Kamara or Arfield.

I know most folk won't agree with me, but I honestly think he'd be an upgrade on Jack tbh.

3 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

All three have been shocking this season, and apart from Kamara are the wrong side of 30.

Kamara shouldn’t be allowed to play away from home in Scotland he’s a fucking liability.

5 hours ago, The Blue said:

I said last year we needed a big tall physical striker for when teams sit back especially at home. I dont think they need to be an gifted footballer but imposing enough so it forces team out even just a little because if they dont then we could just throw crosses in at will and put pressure on them constantly, we dont have that type of striker at the moment so teams can sit back and force us to try and play through them. Like I said, doesn't have to be as gifted as a Morelos or Defo when it comes to striker play just be a big battering ram and force the opposition to make tactical decisions. I think LD could play that role.

Worth a punt if the price is right, however the type that puts himself about, will result in a series of yellow and red cards if he joins us. Not saying he wont be a decent back and we do lack a real physical battllerl, but his style will have refs brandishing cards at every opportunity,  he will change from being an old fashioned centre forward to a headcase (media spin) if he does come.

Again I'm expecting the firing squad, but depending on price, I hope the Dykes rumour has some truth in it.

Defo not a replacement for Morelos. No way. But an option alongside Morelos or something different upfront with muscle to mix things up if we're struggling? sure thing. Give me him. 

I'm still wary of what the cost would be if it's true. A couple of weeks ago they quoted 2-million which is pie in the sky stuff - but they're entitled to ask that as a starting point and then see where it goes.

500k or less I'd be OK with....... and only OK with it if these are little pieces of the jigsaw with the 2 or 3 top signings to enhance our XI outright to come.

43 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

This

We have no plan B for teams who are hard to break down atm, Morelos is a decent header of the ball but he's far from a target man type.   Dykes can also play a bit with the ball at his feet as well. 

The last no-brainer striker we didn't sign was Shankland and I we could have done with him last season

Dykes would be a great addition to the squad.

5 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Even if we sign Dykes I still think we'd need 2 more strikers. The guy is too much of a punt to rely on, all signings are of course.

Are you saying that you want 5 strikers at the club?

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I don't want to talk for him or put words in his mouth, but I assume he's meaning there's every chance we sell Morelos, if not his discipline will have him missing a lot of games then there's Defoe's age and injuries. That could mean at vital parts of the season we are could just have Dykes (if he signs) .... I suppose there's Greg Stewart but fuck that, hopefully he's loaned out or we get a team for him.

10 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Even if we sign Dykes I still think we'd need 2 more strikers. The guy is too much of a punt to rely on, all signings are of course.

We need one more, two if Morelos goes.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I wanted 4. If we sign Dykes I'd make that 5. With the inclusion of Dykes it would have to be a striker who could play up top or out wide as an inside forward (Naismith, Lafferty, Novo for example). 

We need options and variety up top and I'm personally not so comfortable relying on Dykes if Morelos or Defoe were out.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I don't want to talk for him or put words in his mouth, but I assume he's meaning there's every chance we sell Morelos, if not his discipline will have him missing a lot of games then there's Defoe's age and injuries. That could mean at vital parts of the season we are could just have Dykes (if he signs) .... I suppose there's Greg Stewart but fuck that, hopefully he's loaned out or we get a team for him.

Well you can't have Morelos who is a liability, Defoe who is too old and Dykes who isn't that good but something different all at the club to the point where you need to sign another two players on top of them :lol:

You get rid a player you can't trust or you don't sign Dykes. I vote for don't sign Dykes

Archived