Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mongolul said:

Mock my words, next year Rangers wins the title by 8 points if a decent right winger is added. Morelos sold in mid transfer window.

If that happens, I’ll eat my hut, if it’s the laugh thing I do.

26 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Kamara is pish he needs punted this summer.

Depends what you are looking for in your midfielder but Kamara is far from pish. That is why he is worth 4-5m on the open market and teams like Arsenal have been rumoured to be interested. 

Can't help but think it's going to be a long frustrating summer.  It's imperative we get value and quality, and the way the season ended and the circumstances globally make it an uncertain time to do business.  We're already in a tough enough position being right next door to the EPL offering ridiculous money.

If we get a genuine decent money offer for any of our players they will be off, imo and this is not the time for downsizing.  Shite like Dykes and nonentities like Chirivella arent going to win the title.

So glad Hagi has signed, just hope he's used centrally now and can pull the strings.  We need more signings like this, from smaller European markets where there is value and quality to be had.

18 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Very debatable with those two in a Rangers top IMO. Barker had a good game in Porto.  Stewart had better productivity.

All three can leave this summer and it wouldn't make a difference. Don't rate any of them.

All of those you named, including Murphy would be gone if I had the choice. Still stuck with too many Aberdeen level players.

Barker had a good game in Porto Because he was working hard he’s has been utter dross in a attacking sense since he’s been here.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

What’s the point in pointing out the number of goals a defensive midfielder has scored?

Kamara has only scored once.

When we’re so reliant on the front three who rarely fire together even 5-10 goals a season from a DM would be good. 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

If we had a midfield of 3 or 4 Hagi's we would win nothing. There has to be balance. If he is similar to Kamara and we can sell Kamara for 4m then it makes sense from a business point of view.

The key signing for me is a dynamic right winger. We are pretty solid everywhere else.

Problem is we play with 3-4 Kamaras every game. We don’t need anymore of this. 

Kamara isn’t all that but he’s now played in Europe, cup finals etc. Replacing that with another unknown who’s played one full season of pro football is mental

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

So would selling Kamara and replacing with Chiravella then reinvesting Kamara money back in squad not be good businesss? 

Well no because at least Kamara has some sort of experience now. 

Wouldn’t be against selling Kamara like 90% of the squad but replacing him with another Liverpool cast off whose played 30 games in a professional league at 23 isn’t the way to do business. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Problem is we play with 3-4 Kamaras every game. We don’t need anymore of this. 

Kamara isn’t all that but he’s now played in Europe, cup finals etc. Replacing that with another unknown who’s played one full season of pro football is mental

I agree, especially in the spl. There was never a need for Davis, Kamara & Jack in the starting 11. However, if Aribo & Hagi are both on the park, we need someone tough in the middle and Kamara is not that guy either. I believe it is time to sell him and I've always thought he would be open to that idea.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I agree, especially in the spl. There was never a need for Davis, Kamara & Jack in the starting 11. However, if Aribo & Hagi are both on the park, we need someone tough in the middle and Kamara is not that guy either. I believe it is time to sell him and I've always thought he would be open to that idea.

Not against selling him either tbh but it’s what we’re looking to replace him with that’s the serious problem again. For years and every single year we’ve wanted 3-4 starting 11 players who put what we have on the bench. We’re still not getting it

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Ideally we sell Kamara and bring the boy Tapia in 

I think Tapia is already coming and agreed  but he is under contract until the end of the month. He already got a taste of the atmosphere last season.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think Tapia is already coming and agreed  but he is under contract until the end of the month. He already got a taste of the atmosphere last season.

Hopefully mate, not seen much of him but he’s 24 and has over 50 caps for a decent Peru side so decent pedigree 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hopefully mate, not seen much of him but he’s 24 and has over 50 caps for a decent Peru side so decent pedigree 

Have we ever had a Peruvian? Seb Rozenthal was Chilean if I remember correctly and didn't workout.

36 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

What makes you think that mate? 

15 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

What makes you think that mate? 

His father or agent, can't mind who said he has already made his mind up although there appears to be a few teams in the running including the scum.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Depends what you are looking for in your midfielder but Kamara is far from pish. That is why he is worth 4-5m on the open market and teams like Arsenal have been rumoured to be interested. 

Arsenal are not interested in glen kamara.

Archived