Yanks

Essandoh

4 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Not sure if the term Yanks is acceptable in the current climate of snowflake permanently offended political correctness pal. 

He can always take a knee and all will be forgiven.

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Only one I ever really rated was Reyna tbh. 

Bocanegra was OK I suppose and Edu was part of winning sides but they were a bit meh in my eyes.

I thought Bocanegra was really good

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Was ok. Not shite.

Really good players, generally, aren't part of Rangers teams that win nothing in a season (irrespective of admin hitting in the second half of the season)

To say all players who didn't win a trophy with us are shit is just silly (even saying it 'generally')

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

To say all players who didn't win a trophy with us are shit is just silly (even saying it 'generally')

If he was "really good" as you claimed, we might have won something. 

Really good is a massive stretch, for Bocanegra. 

You are ignoring the importance of me saying generally, because there will be a couple of exceptions to the rule.

He isn't one of them.

20 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If he was "really good" as you claimed, we might have won something. 

Really good is a massive stretch, for Bocanegra. 

You are ignoring the importance of me saying generally, because there will be a couple of exceptions to the rule.

He isn't one of them.

There is no rule at all

On 19/06/2020 at 14:34, BridgeIsBlue said:

Jig > Edu. 

Going slightly off topic, but there was a reason Walter consistently selected those two. They essentially played a role where the only task they had was to provide a strong presence in midfield, win the ball back and give it to someone more creative.

We badly lack that now and a bit bemused Gerrard hasn't addressed it. Mccrorie could easily fill that role; he doesn't need to be a world beater, just needs to do his assigned job and let Hagi, Kent etc do their thing.

30 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Reyna’s boy got his first game for Dortmund at 17 and got his first assist, be worth keeping tabs on his development if it disne work out For him  in Germany 

He's played many times for Dortmund already and absolutely no chance he will ever play for us mate :lol:

39 minutes ago, Broxi said:

He's played many times for Dortmund already and absolutely no chance he will ever play for us mate :lol:

that’s not what I said but is it, I said he got his first start. You maybe right but at 17 he’s not destined to be a first team player I wouldn’t think, anything could happen imo

Edit: just read my comment I meant to write first start😂

Son of ex Gers hero starts for Dortmund

Gio Reyna, son of ex Rangers hero Claudio, made his first start for Borussia Dortmund this afternoon – and even notched an assist in the process.
The 17-year-old American midfielder set up Erling Haaland's opener in the away match against RB Leipzig.

Reyna, a highly-tipped youngster, made his debut for the club prior to the COVID-19 shutdown.

Dortmund went on to win the match 2-0.

24 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

that’s not what I said but is it, I said he got his first start. You maybe right but at 17 he’s not destined to be a first team player I wouldn’t think, anything could happen imo

Edit: just read my comment I meant to write first start😂

Son of ex Gers hero starts for Dortmund

Gio Reyna, son of ex Rangers hero Claudio, made his first start for Borussia Dortmund this afternoon – and even notched an assist in the process.
The 17-year-old American midfielder set up Erling Haaland's opener in the away match against RB Leipzig.

Reyna, a highly-tipped youngster, made his debut for the club prior to the COVID-19 shutdown.

Dortmund went on to win the match 2-0.

Was about to come at you :bangbang:

And he's played 17 times this season I'd say he's already a first team player tbh :lol:

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Was about to come at you :bangbang:

And he's played 17 times this season I'd say he's already a first team player tbh :lol:

Lol that’s the article I read, tbh It’s the first I’ve heard of him didn’t realise he’d played so much, you obv know more abt German fitbaw than me 

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Lol that’s the article I read, tbh It’s the first I’ve heard of him didn’t realise he’d played so much, you obv know more abt German fitbaw than me 

Yeah mate aha think he's already out of our reach. Could very well become an absolute top player, even if doesn't 100% fulfil that worst case scenario I see him still joining a mid-table Premier League team similar to what Hojbjerg did from Bayern to Southampton but Reyna already seems far more highly rated than Hojbjerg ever was so just don't see it.

Reckon he'll only ever stay at Dortmund level or go higher. Don't see him coming down from here

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Yeah mate aha think he's already out of our reach. Could very well become an absolute top player, even if doesn't 100% fulfil that worst case scenario I see him still joining a mid-table Premier League team similar to what Hojbjerg did from Bayern to Southampton but Reyna already seems far more highly rated than Hojbjerg ever was so just don't see it.

Reckon he'll only ever stay at Dortmund level or go higher. Don't see him coming down from here

Fair play mate, I’ll need to keep an eye out for him

Archived